Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653271 times)

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #2920 on: April 26, 2021, 09:36:06 PM »
If I go to israel for a week, Do I need to take any kind of test when returning to the US ?
You will need a PCR negative covid test within 72 hours of arriving

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 26, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
Anyone have experience with either of these situations?
1) Entry permit naming multiple parties in one family and the parties fly on separate flights from different cities using copies of the same permit.
AND
2) Entry permit granted by one consulate and party flies out of a different city/country.
Thanks!

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 26, 2021, 11:24:24 PM »
Vaccine makes no difference. Covid test is required by the US in order to board flight.

One can definitely test on Sunday in Israel. Cheapest that I'm aware of is at the airport, though if you're flying Sunday night you might want to get your test rather early on Sunday (as a backup, just in case it doesn't come back on time, just edit the date on the test you took upon arrival in Israel).
This is just wrong. This is how the process gets messed up for honest travellers.

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 26, 2021, 11:36:39 PM »

Anyone have experience with either of these situations?
1) Entry permit naming multiple parties in one family and the parties fly on separate flights from different cities using copies of the same permit.
AND
2) Entry permit granted by one consulate and party flies out of a different city/country.
Thanks!

Yes on both. Although party #1 (me) is still in the air and party #2 hasn't taken off yet.
The ishur (consulate) doesn't say where you're leaving from or what flight. It's good for one entry from date of issue for the people listed and it's good.
I also have an ishur from misrad hapnim which is actually a separate paper for each traveler.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 26, 2021, 11:48:54 PM »
Some data points if anyone is flying ex LAX.
took a PCR test at the brand new testing center that opened last week in the terminal (across from El AL counter) (different then the site that's been there outside for the last little bit) . They guarantee results with en hour, and we had a 10 am appointment. No one knows about this yet and there was no one there. $200 pp prepaid when you make the appointment.
Flight was 130, there was a small line at the check in, I went over to confirm they'd be ok with results via email (that's the only way they give them) and walked around a bit. Got results about 10:50, came back to a zoo. On the J line, had a 55  minute wait. (humbling :)) There's a lot of yelling, crying, screaming etc.
Got to the front, happened to have a manager process us, I'm pretty sure the pre check in security also checked passports, they took them and brought them back. But the check in person was distracted, glanced at ishur, glanced at one of the pcr tests on my phone, had no idea they were testing across the way, and handed over boarding passes.
Went to regular security as elal isn't goires precheck (humbled again). One of our passports wasn't dinging right, went back down, got a new boarding pass from the same guy and all good.
Lounges in TBIT are all closed, flagship in terminal 4 just reopened, I was there last week and wasn't worth the walk. Took off an hour late for unknown security reasons, and here we are.

Offline jaywhy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: April 27, 2021, 12:03:52 AM »
Did you just go through the regular application process?
Yup.

Offline jaywhy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: April 27, 2021, 12:15:30 AM »
Quick TR.
Arrived in TLV yesterday 4/26. Applied via MIA consulate on 4/15 as a foreign spouse married to a citizen. Permit received 4/22. Did not need to show proof of recovery or vax card. No apostile either.
Checkin at MIA only asked to see permit, did not ask for covid test.
Arrival in TLV was very simple. 5 minute stop at the ministry of health desk to verify the info I prefilled online, did not either ask for covid test or permit. B2 visa was received via the biometric machine in about 20 seconds. I made an appt at checktofly in advance for the covid test but it was empty when I got there so that was quick as well.
From stepping off the plane to stepping into a cab was 25 minutes.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: April 27, 2021, 12:21:22 AM »
Quick TR.
Arrived in TLV yesterday 4/26. Applied via MIA consulate on 4/15 as a foreign spouse married to a citizen. Permit received 4/22. Did not need to show proof of recovery or vax card. No apostile either.
Checkin at MIA only asked to see permit, did not ask for covid test.
Arrival in TLV was very simple. 5 minute stop at the ministry of health desk to verify the info I prefilled online, did not either ask for covid test or permit. B2 visa was received via the biometric machine in about 20 seconds. I made an appt at checktofly in advance for the covid test but it was empty when I got there so that was quick as well.
From stepping off the plane to stepping into a cab was 25 minutes.
IYH by me in a few hours!

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: April 27, 2021, 01:18:55 AM »

Yes on both. Although party #1 (me) is still in the air and party #2 hasn't taken off yet.
The ishur (consulate) doesn't say where you're leaving from or what flight. It's good for one entry from date of issue for the people listed and it's good.
I also have an ishur from misrad hapnim which is actually a separate paper for each traveler.
What if Party #1 is a spouse to party #2, and the reason of the permit is that party #2 has a sibling that's an Israeli citizen, When applying via the consulate will they make issue if the spouses don't fly together?

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: April 27, 2021, 05:11:56 AM »
What if Party #1 is a spouse to party #2, and the reason of the permit is that party #2 has a sibling that's an Israeli citizen, When applying via the consulate will they make issue if the spouses don't fly together?
I can't answer that in an educated manner

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: April 27, 2021, 06:25:08 AM »
PSA Israel is now allowing in parents of  foreigners with student visas  in Israel for births of grandchildren, within 30 days of birth (before or after).
Needs to be applied for through the consulate

Offline awardflyer

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: April 27, 2021, 07:53:19 AM »
Are hotels in Israel accepting foreigners with U.S. vaccination or post/neg covid tests from the U.S.? Also why are the hotels still so expensive in Jeru?

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: April 27, 2021, 08:00:55 AM »
IYH by me in a few hours!
Update -
Landed, they do biometric passport upstairs in arrival walkway, and no more crazy passport lines.
My wife's scanned, mine didn't, agent was right there and processed.
Next stop processing bidud paperwork,
Then luggage,
Then covid test
Then meet the antibody test lady who drew our blood on a bench right outside the terminal.
Top to bottom under an hour.
BH for the smoothness!

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: April 27, 2021, 08:09:35 AM »
Update -
Landed, they do biometric passport upstairs in arrival walkway, and no more crazy passport lines.
My wife's scanned, mine didn't, agent was right there and processed.
Next stop processing bidud paperwork,
Then luggage,
Then covid test
Then meet the antibody test lady who drew our blood on a bench right outside the terminal.
Top to bottom under an hour.
BH for the smoothness!
Details on the antibody test?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #2934 on: April 27, 2021, 08:18:20 AM »
Israel is reopening its gates to vaccinated tourists starting at the end of May, and launching a strategic campaign to ensure as many tourists as possible arrive in 2021, Minister of Tourism Orit Farkash-Hacohen announced Tuesday at a press conference in Tel Aviv.

“Israel today is a world leader in safety and health, and we will make sure every potential tourist knows this when planning their summer or winter vacation,” Farkash-Hacohen stated.”We cannot miss this opportunity – and, as minister of tourism I won't.”

As part of its global campaign, Israel Ministry of Tourism will launch signs in three major cities, all of which combine the potential for inbound tourism and a high vaccination rate. The first sign will be aired in Dubai, in both English and Arabic, marking a historical step as it is the first time the Israeli government launches such a campaign in the United Arab Emirates. Additional billboards will air in New York’s iconic Times Square and London’s famous Piccadilly Circus, each with a different design but all with a common message: book your flight to Israel.

Times Square simulation:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1anlyw_FEPsY-ubJqiH4GbKrX5TNXvhO9/view

Picadilly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zCXBmXbCxcB8cw4RPgDuVs0y9A_p2jkh/view?usp=sharing

Dubai:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cu9upmvb66yne2b5YJ5XUtUGp8nu7RUC/view?usp=sharing

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2935 on: April 27, 2021, 09:11:56 AM »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: April 27, 2021, 10:16:31 AM »
Government to ban Israelis from traveling abroad?
Health Ministry presents new plan to keep coronavirus infection rate low while returning life in Israel to normal.

In order to keep the coronavirus infection rate low and allow the continued loosening of restrictions next week, Israel's Health Ministry will on Tuesday bring for a government vote a new strategy regarding Israel's borders.

According to a Health Ministry statement, the new strategy will tighten Israel's borders while allowing widescale reopening within Israel. This is in order to preserve the low infection rate within Israel as much as possible, while at the same time preventing the entry of new infections and coronavirus variants from outside Israel.

Health Minister Yuli Edelstein (Likud) has approved the recommendations of Health Ministry professionals, and the recommendations will be presented to the government for approval, the statement added.

Under the new policy, the world's countries will be divided into two groups: Level 1 will include most countries in the world, and the current policy will continue for this group. Level 2 will include high-risk countries, for which the current policies will be made stricter.

Israelis will be completely banned from traveling to Level 2 countries, other than in exceptional cases. Israelis returning from Level 2 countries will be obligated to quarantine, even if they are vaccinated or recovered from coronavirus.

At the same time, foreigners who receive special permits to enter Israel from Level 2 countries will be quarantined in hotels.

Criteria for Level 2 countries will be based on the work of the Center for Knowledge and Information, which was put together for the purpose of creating travel warnings. This includes attention to suspicious or dangerous variants found in a country, as well as the number and amount of coronavirus patients returning to Israel from these countries.

Currently, there are seven countries which meet the Level 2 criteria (the countries for which travel warnings have been issued): Ukraine, Ethiopia, Brazil, South Africa, India, Mexico and Turkey.

The list of countries will be updated once every two weeks, in a fashion similar to the previous "green" and "red" ratings. If a country sees an unusual rise in the criteria, it may be upgraded to Level 2 sooner.

The stricter policies will apply to anyone who spent time in a Level 2 country within 14 days prior to arrival in Israel.

The Health Ministry will publish ahead of time the countries which are expected to be moved to Level 2, in order to allow travelers to properly prepare.

"With regards to incoming tourism, the Health Ministry recommends delaying the incoming tourism pilot by one month (until the end of June)," the statement said, adding that "This is due to the spread of coronavirus infections in the rest of the world, and the discovery of new coronavirus variants."

"At the same time, there is great importance in the plan being approved by Israel's government, so that the restrictions can continue to be loosened without risk."

The "incoming tourism pilot" mentioned would allow groups of vaccinated tourists to enter Israel. It is scheduled to begin on May 23, 2021.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/305108

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: April 27, 2021, 10:17:19 AM »
I have a flight today from JFK to Tel Aviv, tested positive this morning for coronavirus 229e, I have antibody test results 79.9. Any advice?

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:22:38 AM by tavster »

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #2939 on: April 27, 2021, 10:45:35 AM »
Details on the antibody test?

you ordered someone to come to the airport to do a Antibody?