Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653798 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #2980 on: April 28, 2021, 06:05:53 AM »
Amazing!  Do you both have teudot zehut ? If not, how did the "system" recognize you?  What about a tav yarok?
Everything is tracked by a passport #.
No tav yarok

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 28, 2021, 07:31:59 AM »
How much does Tenecare charge for the serology and sending the good result to Misrad Habriut? Also, I didn't understand- they come to the airport or you go to them? Thanks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2982 on: April 28, 2021, 07:34:00 AM »
No tav yarok
Have you applied for one yet?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 28, 2021, 08:25:28 AM »
Have you applied for one yet?
I don't think you can without kupot cholim? Am I wrong? I tried online but didn't work

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2984 on: April 28, 2021, 08:41:13 AM »
I don't think you can without kupot cholim? Am I wrong? I tried online but didn't work
There have been reports here of success stories. Tried using your passport number as the TZ?
Did you have an Israeli phone number on the antibody test?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: April 28, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »
There have been reports here of success stories. Tried using your passport number as the TZ?
Did you have an Israeli phone number on the antibody test?
There's an option for passport which I did. There's a checkbox to allow them to pull info from קופת חולים which I also checked, and I've been using my father's (Israeli) number. Playing around with it now

Offline karen g

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 28, 2021, 10:13:45 AM »
What is the story with Israel’s Foreigners Ban?
 I’ve been hearing mixed reports about what is needed in order to be allowed back in, For those that live in Israel, but are American citizens. I’m referring to those that are married, have an apartment and pay rent, not yeshiva bochurim. Though Ive actually heard that  if you have a student ID, then you actually have better chances of being allowed back into Israel. Also some have actually gotten back in already, and upon leaving The airport, we’re told they need to quarantine in Corona hotels for two weeks, However some we’re allowed to go directly back to their apartments. Does anyone have any clear and accurate information?
Does anyone know if a vaccinated student (US citizen) with a visa can leave Israel, fly to another country for a week (specifically Greece) and reenter Israel to fly back to the US (on the return part of a round trip ticket)? Will quarantine be necessary? Is there a maximum period of time when quarantine wouldn't be necessary in Israel? (ie less than 24 hours before flight)  Or where I can find official guidance on this issue? This is for July.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2987 on: April 28, 2021, 10:48:30 AM »

I got one without Kupat Cholim (with TZ)
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #2988 on: April 28, 2021, 10:50:29 AM »
I got one without Kupat Cholim (with TZ)
The question that many ppl have been asking is if a foreigner with a foreign passport, no TZ and no kupat holim can get a tav yarok?

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: April 28, 2021, 10:55:45 AM »
Does anyone know if a vaccinated student (US citizen) with a visa can leave Israel, fly to another country for a week (specifically Greece) and reenter Israel to fly back to the US (on the return part of a round trip ticket)? Will quarantine be necessary? Is there a maximum period of time when quarantine wouldn't be necessary in Israel? (ie less than 24 hours before flight)  Or where I can find official guidance on this issue? This is for July.

https://chaimvchessed.com/update-for-students-traveling-from-israel/

If you were vaccinated in Israel, you should be eligible for teudat chisun and green pass, and won't need to quarantine, otherwise you would need to quarantine until you get a positive antibody test, and its sent to the Health Ministry and they send you an exemption via text/email exempting you from quarantine.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2990 on: April 28, 2021, 11:00:37 AM »
The question that many ppl have been asking is if a foreigner with a foreign passport, no TZ and no kupat holim can get a tav yarok?

I am aware of that.

It seems to me that for most purposes, the Tav Yarok isn't really necessary. Once you show up in their systems with antibodies you are exempt from quarantine. The only place I needed to show it (and I believe there are other things that can be shown in lieu) is in order to enter the terminal on my way back to the US. It's a piece of paper (or image on phone) and they don't scan the barcode, they only check the ID number (which I guess could be passport number) against what shows in the passport.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 28, 2021, 11:35:29 AM »
There is so many mixed posts here can someone please right up a post what i need as a us passport holder living in the us in order to get in Israel and back ?

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 28, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »
Here is a good resource for updated information; it is constantly changing.
https://amudim.org/entrance-to-israel-advisory/

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 28, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »

as far as I am aware US children under 16 still cannot visit Israel if they cant show proof of recovery(positive negative)?

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 28, 2021, 12:35:49 PM »

as far as I am aware US children under 16 still cannot visit Israel if they cant show proof of recovery(positive negative)?

The Israeli Consulate in Los Angele's website shows there is an exception for children under 4 - while the NYC website clearly states "all ages"....

Offline gtyossi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 28, 2021, 03:45:36 PM »
Anyone know of a PCR test in Jerusalem less than 200 shekels and 12 hour turnaround?

Offline ah41187

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 28, 2021, 04:23:21 PM »
I am a fully vaccinated American planning on going to Israel this summer (I meet the criteria for entry). I made a hotel reservation and got the following message

According to Health Ministry Guidelines only people holding vaccination certificates (Green Ticket, one week following the second shot)
or a Certificate of Recovery will be permitted to stay as guests.
Children under 16 must provide a negative Covid 19 test carried out up to 48 hours prior to arrival.

If(when) i take the antibody seralogical test showing vaccination antibodies, will that be sufficient for check in? Of course the landscape is constantly changing, but using the current regulations....

thanks!
Modify message

Offline latke

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 28, 2021, 05:27:28 PM »
Anyone know of a PCR test in Jerusalem less than 200 shekels and 12 hour turnaround?

I'd love to know the answer to this too. It seems COVID tests in israel are ridiculously expensive for no reason other than to make money off the tourists.  The average COVID test costs a provider $5 or less in the US.

Would love if someone could break down affordable places to test, including ANTIBODY testing post-landing. I do see various free covid testing sites in Jerusalem, but are those for citizens only? 

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 28, 2021, 06:34:39 PM »
I am a fully vaccinated American planning on going to Israel this summer (I meet the criteria for entry). I made a hotel reservation and got the following message

According to Health Ministry Guidelines only people holding vaccination certificates (Green Ticket, one week following the second shot)
or a Certificate of Recovery will be permitted to stay as guests.
Children under 16 must provide a negative Covid 19 test carried out up to 48 hours prior to arrival.

If(when) i take the antibody seralogical test showing vaccination antibodies, will that be sufficient for check in? Of course the landscape is constantly changing, but using the current regulations....

thanks!
Modify message
In practice, most places in Israel accept foreign vaccination certificates, including hotels. The main issue is that Israelis expect all documents to carry an ID number and look for a passport number as a replacement, whereas American documents typically don't include it.

You can call the hotel and confirm in advance that they'll accept a specific document if it makes you feel more comfortable.

The actual legal language[/url is:

1.   בתקנות אלה –
   "אישור "תו ירוק"" – אחד מאלה:
(1)   אישור שמנפיק משרד הבריאות, לפי תקנה 8ב(א), לאדם, המעיד על כך שהוא זכאי לתעודת מחלים או מחוסן;
(2)   תעודת מחלים או מחוסן;
(3)   אישור שקיבל אדם מאת המנהל על כך שהוא משתתף בניסוי קליני לחיסון נגד נגיף הקורונה שמתנהל בישראל;

Which means a vaccination certificate is the same as a green pass, and there is no explicit requirement for it to be issued in Israel.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:43:13 PM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 28, 2021, 07:30:20 PM »
Don't you need a COVID test to get back into the US though?