Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643037 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #3060 on: May 04, 2021, 09:35:16 AM »
No
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3061 on: May 04, 2021, 09:44:01 AM »
Was the NOTAM extended beyond May 6th yet?

Too early for that in Israeli (COVID-19 regime) standards.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 04, 2021, 10:08:49 AM »
Too early for that in Israeli (COVID-19 regime) standards.
No
I thought they were generally extended a couple of weeks before expiration (except right after the election).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3063 on: May 04, 2021, 10:40:07 AM »
I thought they were generally extended a couple of weeks before expiration (except right after the election).
Not anymore, I wouldn't expect an update until 5/6 or 5/7.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 04, 2021, 11:01:38 AM »
If passenger did not state on 24 health declaration online form that they are immunized or recovered, can they still get out of quarantine with a positive antibody test?

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #3065 on: May 04, 2021, 11:47:20 AM »
what is the quickest way for people with 1st degree relatives to get permits to enter

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 04, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »
One other development is that you can go in person to משרד האוכלוסין in Yersualayim (only)(Queen Shlomziyon St 1, Jerusalem, 9414601, Israel) and they will give you an ishur in person for entry of eligible individuals. Apparently the process is very quick, people are in and out in 20 minutes. From 8 to 10 you can come without appointment, after 10, by appointment only

Is this still relevant?

Is an appointment needed?

Does the Israeli first-degree relative have to go to the office or can I send someone else with the documents?

On another note: Would it help to resend my documents to the NYC consulate or would they just get aggravated and delay it more (Israeli style)?
It's already 8 days since I sent it in with no response...

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 04, 2021, 02:46:22 PM »
Does the travel insurance required by Israel for a permit have to state specifically that the insured is covered if they contract Covid in Israel? or it's enough if it says the whole world?

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 04, 2021, 02:52:07 PM »
I received my ishur as a parent of olim, but my wifes name is mispelled (Shulamit instead of Shulamith). Will that be a problem? All else is fine. Thanks.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 04, 2021, 03:47:37 PM »
I received my ishur as a parent of olim, but my wifes name is mispelled (Shulamit instead of Shulamith). Will that be a problem? All else is fine. Thanks.
No, especially not with Elal
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 04, 2021, 05:26:06 PM »
If passenger did not state on 24 health declaration online form that they are immunized or recovered, can they still get out of quarantine with a positive antibody test?
Yes.

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 04, 2021, 05:42:30 PM »
No, especially not with Elal
flying united.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 04, 2021, 06:19:08 PM »
flying united.
Shouldn't be a problem
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline adampollackfamily

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 04, 2021, 09:23:48 PM »
Hi guys. Would really appreciate it if anyone knows the answer to these questions.

I’m going to Israel on the 11th. I am an Israeli citizen, but my Israeli passport is expired and I only have an American passport for traveling.

Is this going to be an issue if I have an Israeli ID, but use an American passport to come into Israel?

I’m flying with AA. Are they going to give me any issues for using an American passport, even though I’m Israeli, and didn’t get a letter of permission to enter as I don’t need one as an Israeli?

Also, once I get to Israel, even though I’m not currently part of any kupah, is my serological test cost covered by Israel since I’m Israeli, or will I have to pay out of pocket for a private test?

Also, has anyone tried walking into Shamir (Assaf Harofeh) without an appt for the serological test? I checked the website, but there are no appointments showing for when I arrive.

Thanks!

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3074 on: May 04, 2021, 11:44:31 PM »
Hi guys. Would really appreciate it if anyone knows the answer to these questions.

I’m going to Israel on the 11th. I am an Israeli citizen, but my Israeli passport is expired and I only have an American passport for traveling.

Is this going to be an issue if I have an Israeli ID, but use an American passport to come into Israel?

I’m flying with AA. Are they going to give me any issues for using an American passport, even though I’m Israeli, and didn’t get a letter of permission to enter as I don’t need one as an Israeli?

Also, once I get to Israel, even though I’m not currently part of any kupah, is my serological test cost covered by Israel since I’m Israeli, or will I have to pay out of pocket for a private test?

Also, has anyone tried walking into Shamir (Assaf Harofeh) without an appt for the serological test? I checked the website, but there are no appointments showing for when I arrive.

Thanks!

As far as boarding the AA flight without an Israeli passport or letter of permission. I would say you are taking a risk of being denied. Might be different with ELAL. You might want to get a letter just to be on the safe side. This is an example of a case where many would be comfortable using a forged letter, as you would be allowed to enter Israel, but the AA check-in agent might just be too ignorant to understand your circumstances. That ignorance can be bypassed with an edited letter.

You will have to pay out of pocket for the serological test. Even if you were a member of Kupat Cholim (which you can temporarily become by buying visitor insurance from Harel) you would probably need to pay, as it is not automatically covered unless ordered by a doctor.

There are no appointments for when you arrive because you land after they close. I think your only way to get tested that evening would be privately.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:48:20 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline adampollackfamily

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: May 05, 2021, 05:11:17 AM »
Thanks ExGingi for all the information!

Regarding Assaf Harofeh, it says their lab is open until 10pm on the website. Do they not do the serological tests until tha time at night? If not, do you know who/where the cheapest possible private option with the fastest results?

Regarding the letter, would they give me one if I don’t have any first degree relatives in Israel, but am Israeli, without an Israeli passport?

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: May 05, 2021, 07:56:33 AM »
I have an appointment at Assaf Harofeh (Shamir Institute) for serological testing after we land. Do they submit your result to the Misrad Habriut so you can get out of bidud, or do we have to send it in after we are notified of our antibody results? Thanks.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 05, 2021, 09:18:08 AM »
what is the quickest way for people with 1st degree relatives to get permits to enter
See next post, sending someone in person to misrad hapnim
Is this still relevant?

Is an appointment needed?

Does the Israeli first-degree relative have to go to the office or can I send someone else with the documents?

On another note: Would it help to resend my documents to the NYC consulate or would they just get aggravated and delay it more (Israeli style)?
It's already 8 days since I sent it in with no response...
Yes on relevance, no on appt. Go early and be prepared to wait
Does the travel insurance required by Israel for a permit have to state specifically that the insured is covered if they contract Covid in Israel? or it's enough if it says the whole world?
Specifically Israel, most will give it to you if you call

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 05, 2021, 09:34:00 AM »
See next post, sending someone in person to misrad hapnimYes on relevance, no on appt. Go early and be prepared to waitSpecifically Israel, most will give it to you if you call

@thaber

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 05, 2021, 09:38:04 AM »
@thaber
Pretty sure can be anyone, but in my case was the first degree