Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643033 times)

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #3360 on: June 01, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
When was that?
On my last flights a few weeks ago they were very strict
yesterday from TLV to JFK

And the week before that from JFK to TLV

In general, most things have become relaxed in Israel regarding Covid

Online davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: June 01, 2021, 01:24:09 PM »
so shamir still one of the best bets to get antibody test upon arrival in Israel for foreigner and PCR test for outbound back to the USA in terms of price?

Offline meir123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: June 01, 2021, 01:30:50 PM »
Fyi on insubuy.com if you switch the coverage amounts you can get it for cheap. I got a policy for $5 that says it covers covid.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3363 on: June 01, 2021, 01:39:30 PM »
Fyi on insubuy.com if you switch the coverage amounts you can get it for cheap. I got a policy for $5 that says it covers covid.

Sure, you can buy $50,000 coverage with a $2,500 for under $5 and get a letter saying that COVID is covered. If you actually want some protection from Medical expenses I would get something more reasonable.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 01, 2021, 01:56:15 PM »
Sure, you can buy $50,000 coverage with a $2,500 for under $5 and get a letter saying that COVID is covered. If you actually want some protection from Medical expenses I would get something more reasonable.

For some people (like me) we already have health insurance coverage that covers international emergencies.  Getting this policy was just a formality because Israel insists on something saying it includes covid coverage.  Even though my insurance covers covid, like most US policies, they don't have a specific clause for it

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3365 on: June 01, 2021, 02:02:03 PM »
For some people (like me) we already have health insurance coverage that covers international emergencies.  Getting this policy was just a formality because Israel insists on something saying it includes covid coverage.  Even though my insurance covers covid, like most US policies, they don't have a specific clause for it

I fully understand and appreciate that.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 01, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »
A few days ago as well
I had a very positive experience with Ichud Hatzalah.
I got my Antibody test yesterday 6.08 PM, and got me results back from them 10.25 PM (Not paying for rush).
I uploaded my docs like to the Misrad Habriut, 11.40 PM last night, and got the email that I can exit quarantine @ 7 PM today.

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: June 01, 2021, 06:37:11 PM »
so shamir still one of the best bets to get antibody test upon arrival in Israel for foreigner and PCR test for outbound back to the USA in terms of price?
How much does shamir charge for antibody test? We went to refuit and they charged 300 NIS.

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: June 01, 2021, 06:40:20 PM »
you can request a letter from your insurance company stating that covid is covered

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: June 01, 2021, 06:55:34 PM »
you can request a letter from your insurance company stating that covid is covered
I tried, they said they can write me a letter that all illness is covered but not for a specific thing

Online davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: June 01, 2021, 11:09:29 PM »
How much does shamir charge for antibody test? We went to refuit and they charged 300 NIS.

I believe 150 NIS

Offline Davidbf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 02, 2021, 03:31:09 AM »
I figure I would try to give a detailed account of the process to get here to remove some of the uncertainty some might have about the process.
SFO-TLV on United on Sunday 5/30.  PCR test on Friday morning, got results Sunday morning, uploaded to United TravelReady, received email from United that was accepted but still had to show test and consulate ishur at the airport.  Motse shabbos filled up health form online from misrad habriut and received email from them with authorization code valid for 24 hours and the official quarantine email that states I will have to stay in quarantine for 14 days and place of isolation.  No need to show this to anyone, not in the US and not upon arrival. 
SFO: check-in requires showing consulate authorization and PCR result.  The agent then stamps your boarding pass with OK.  When you get to the gate they check you have OK and if not ask to see your PCR results.  If you have OK, just wave you through.  Boarding process is biometric, slide your passport in look at the camera and a green check comes up. 
Flight: masks were worn by everyone, reminders to wear them in between bites, noone seemed to complain or take them off.  Kosher meals were available even though United online says they aren’t.
TLV: exit the aircraft, walk through corridors, get to automated passport control (same as United boarding gate with biometric check).  It will spit out the blue paper slip that border control used to hand out.  There’s a booth manned by two officials next to the machine if you have any issue with the machines.  Walk some more, get to an area with a row of tables and they check your passport and details on their computers, you don’t have to show anything besides your passport.  After that, it’s the walkway towards what used to be border control where you scan the paper slip and get to baggage carousels, customs and you exit to where people would normally greet you except that noone’s allowed in there.  From there you walk to a huge hall that looks like triage, gets in line for your PCR test, go up to register for the test, walk around to the other side where they will test you, get a wristband to show that you have been tested and exit airport.
Isolation: PCR test results are online and you get a txt telling you you can check them.
Serological test: Tried to call Asaf Harofe noone answered (multiple calls several times a day last week, different numbers, no answer).  Sheba (Tel Hashomer) quotes 160ILS online but when talking to them they said $100.  Double.  So I went to Hatsolah in Bnei Brak (ILS250) friendly gentleman, you fill up another application form on their computer, click send and it automatically sends your details to the health ministry.  They draw your blood and tell you everything is updated automatically and will receive email.  That was yesterday at 5pm.  Today at 5am, got email (in Hebrew) from health ministry that looks just like the one I received after filling the 24 hour form motse shabbos except it also says “isolation report was closed on 02/06/2021” - that’s 6/2/21 and “reason for closing: cancellation”.  Looks like that’s the only thing that tells you you’re out of isolation.
Good luck everyone, it’s an arduous process but well worth it to be able to visit family and just be here after almost two years.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 03:39:54 AM by Davidbf »

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: June 02, 2021, 06:15:14 AM »
I went to Misrad hapnim today, and they told me students and family members can leave and enter without any special permission.

Online davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: June 02, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »
I went to Misrad hapnim today, and they told me students and family members can leave and enter without any special permission.

can you please elaborate with more details

Offline Yosel

• View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 02, 2021, 02:24:27 PM »
can you please elaborate with more details
+1

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: June 02, 2021, 02:32:42 PM »
https://amudim.org/entrance-to-israel-advisory/

GREAT NEWS FOR STUDENTS NEEDING VISAS: With much gratitude to the dedicated staff at the Israel Consulate in NYC – we can apply for a student visa on your behalf, without you needing an appointment, or going to the consulate.

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: June 02, 2021, 06:30:38 PM »
having issues submitting the online entry form required within 24 hours of departure.
Filled out all the info, clicked "finish" but i keep getting the circling icon and it never goes through nor proceeds to the confirmation.
Tried multiple browsers and even 2 different computers, and still no luck.

did anyone else encounter this issue?
are there hard copy forms that can be filled out at the airport if i can't get the online submission to work?
flight in a few hours, so would appreciate the help.
tia

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: June 02, 2021, 06:56:02 PM »
having issues submitting the online entry form required within 24 hours of departure.
Filled out all the info, clicked "finish" but i keep getting the circling icon and it never goes through nor proceeds to the confirmation.

are there hard copy forms that can be filled out at the airport if i can't get the online submission to work?
tia
I had the same issue. It was a motzei shabbos and I was freaking out, because there was no time. I left to the airport without it, and tried again in the car a few times (from my iphone) and it eventually submitted.  You will then receive an email. I think it was a glitch on their end.  Keep trying....
If no luck show them your phone in the airport

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: June 02, 2021, 06:56:34 PM »

tia
For flights out of Israel, that form is no longer needed afaik
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: June 02, 2021, 07:07:02 PM »
For flights out of Israel, that form is no longer needed afaik

need it for flight to Israel