Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653983 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #3580 on: June 22, 2021, 01:16:46 PM »
My yddish is rusty..
I made alya while knowing exactly what to expect - so I'm not desapointed one bit

Story goes about the whole town gathering at the center of town laughing at a fool acting foolishly. One person standing there wasn't laughing. When asked why isn't he laughing at the funny scene, he responded "what should I do that this fool is actually my son..."
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #3581 on: June 22, 2021, 03:24:00 PM »
For those who have too much free time - here's Benett's full script

PM Bennett Holds Coronavirus Assessment and Tour of BGI Airport

Communicated by Prime Minister's Media Adviser)

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, this evening (Tuesday, 22 June 2021), visited Ben-Gurion International Airport, toured the testing facility and held an assessment regarding the coronavirus.

Participating in the discussion were the Health Minister, the Transportation Minister, the Interior Minister, the Public Security Minister, the head of the National Security Council and the national coronavirus project director, as well as representatives of the Israel Police, the Population Authority, the Airports Authority, Ben-Gurion International Airport and the Finance Ministry.

Prime Minister Bennett:

"We just concluded a tour of Ben-Gurion International Airport, alongside a discussion and assessment of the situation together with the Health Minister, the Transportation Minister, the Interior Minister, the Public Security Minister and the professionals who have been taking part in the fight against the coronavirus for many months.

I would like to update you on several points:

The spread of the Delta variant is currently accelerating throughout the world in many countries, with a rate of infection that is much higher than we have known.

It infects at a 50% higher rate and I regret that we are also seeing that it is starting to spread in the State of Israel, including infections in the community in which we cannot always locate the source.

This variant infects much more quickly than the variant we are familiar with, the original coronavirus. Another characteristic of the Delta variant is that it also infects people who have been vaccinated. We have found that even some people who have been inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine have been infected. We know that the vaccine still has effect, a significant effect, but it is still possible to be vaccinated and infected as well.

We have seen in other countries, in Britain for example, a significant increase in the hospitalization of children. Therefore, in light of this preliminary data, and I say that at the moment the information is very, very preliminary, we have made the initial decision to treat this as a new outbreak, and our goal is to cut it off, to take a bucket of water and pour it over the fire while the fire is still small. To cut if off early and strongly, and be very transparent with you, the Israeli public, because you deserve to know everything.

Because the government is just starting out, and a corona cabinet has yet to be established, we have made several immediate decisions and directives, which I will immediately detail.

We are immediately reestablishing the corona cabinet which will be able to construct an action plan together with Prof. Nachman Ash, Dr. Sharon Alroy-Preis and Prof. Chezy Levy, the best people who have already been there.

In the coming days we will have a roadmap plan in order not to surprise you, so that you will be able to know – if the outbreak has reached a certain level, what will happen, and you will now be able to prepare with fewer surprises.

Here are the decisions and directives at this time:

1. We are immediately reestablishing the corona cabinet.

2. As of now, at Ben-Gurion International Airport, everyone who enters, from the moment of entry until exiting, will wear a mask without exceptions.

3. 100% of the people who enter the State of Israel will have a PCR test. We are aware of, and have seen, the lines; therefore, two or three days ago we directed that the number of testing stands be increased and this has already been done. We increased the number of testing stands from 30 to 70 and we will increase it further as necessary so that the lines will not be too long.

4. At this stage I would like to request:

Whoever does not need to go abroad, do not go abroad. If it is essential, that is OK but if it is not necessary – travel around Israel. We have a beautiful country. We will strengthen domestic tourism. From here I appeal to domestic tourism people: Be welcoming and see to the same prices for everyone.

At this stage we are not changing policy and the only reason is that we want to study the information before making various decisions. I will already say that there will likely be significant changes in the policy for entering and exiting the country.

Therefore, if it is possible to skip the vacation abroad, and certainly if you have not yet ordered, my recommendation is not to order.

5. Vaccinations for children and young people: We are officially calling on all young people 12 and older to go be vaccinated as soon as possible.

I want to say two things here:

* All scientific indicators in Israel and the world show that the danger from the disease is immeasurably higher than the risk from the vaccine. There is much 'fake news' but we are dealing in science, in facts. In the US, approximately 2-2.5 million children have already been vaccinated and we have not seen large-scale side effects. I can tell you, as the father of children this age, I am taking my children to be vaccinated. The Interior Minister has updated me that her children have already been vaccinated.

* I want to give you the picture about the inventory. The vaccines that we have will mostly expire by the end of July. This means that to complete the two vaccines, one needs to receive the first vaccine by July 9. We have enough in stock for everyone but for whoever is not vaccinated by July 9, we will not have vaccines for later. This would be a pity. Therefore, I ask, the pace of vaccinations right now is not good. Only 2,000 young people are being vaccinated a day and in order to meet our goal we need 20,000. In simple language, I am calling on parents – go out immediately, coordinate with your HMO, you already know the procedure, go and be vaccinated so that you certainly manage to receive the first dose before July 9. As a parent, I am not waiting; I will do this tomorrow. Because if the first vaccination is not administered by July 9, we will be unable to vaccinate because of the expiry date.

6. On behalf of the professionals, I recommend: Let us go back to wearing masks in closed places. I am instructing government ministers, public leaders, to wear masks as of now in closed places. The reason that this is not an obligatory directive is that we want to see for several continuous days if we are over the 100-new-cases-a-day threshold. We are now talking about 125 but we want to see if this is a localized peak. When we see that this is continuous and I believe that this will be the case, it will then be an obligatory directive.

7. Regarding quarantine, I regret that there have been massive violations of quarantine. I ask that the citizens of Israel, certainly those who have returned from abroad, be strict about the quarantine. To this end we are extending the mobilization of 270 inspectors.

8. There was a loophole, that if a child violated quarantine, because he did not bear the responsibility and neither did his parents, then nobody did. We are closing this loophole. The parents of children who violate quarantine will bear full responsibility if the children are below 12. But let us not have to resort to sanctions, we are one country.

Let us not become panicky; we are in a good situation at the moment. All in all, we are saying: We will guard the borders of the country, we will tighten them. Inside the country, I say: We must do this together. Let us extinguish this so that we will be able to continue our daily routines. It depends on your conduct alone.

Lastly, because children under 12 cannot be vaccinated, and from 12-16 they have not yet been vaccinated, and until 18 as well, our main focus is on children and young people – therefore, watch them. We are starting the summer. I know that this is difficult, there will be infection here and there, but let us avoid large-scale events in closed places, as much as possible.

Use common sense. We do not want to return to the days of general lockdown or lockdowns on cities. We can avoid this. It depends on you alone. If we all look at the bigger picture and think, we will understand that poor behavior on our part will hurt others. We can defeat the coronavirus without draconian measures.

In the coming days we will give a more detailed update.

Thank you."

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline dandu16

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton gold, Hyatt Platnum, SPG Gold, Skyteam Silver
« Reply #3583 on: June 23, 2021, 08:18:13 AM »
This will never end. Do they plan on being closed forever?
"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves"

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3584 on: June 23, 2021, 08:32:59 AM »
This will never end. Do they plan on being closed forever?

FTFY

No.
-- Dan

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: June 23, 2021, 08:46:35 AM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/308595
One step forward, two steps back....
As disappointed as I am, I do understand them. They want to get a handle on the new variant before adding other risk factors.

Offline dandu16

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton gold, Hyatt Platnum, SPG Gold, Skyteam Silver
« Reply #3586 on: June 23, 2021, 08:58:06 AM »
This is easy political coverage.

It's easy as a politician to just say no. Look at Cuomo and all others... 

It takes gall to say, we've done our best (early lockdowns), we're doing our best (Vaccines). However, our economy is bleeding, Jews are dying to get in and this virus will be around forever. Lets learn to deal with it instead of constantly cowering.
"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves"

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: June 23, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »
This is easy political coverage.

It's easy as a politician to just say no. Look at Cuomo and all others... 

It takes gall to say, we've done our best (early lockdowns), we're doing our best (Vaccines). However, our economy is bleeding, Jews are dying to get in and this virus will be around forever. Lets learn to deal with it instead of constantly cowering.
Do you really not see the other side of this? I get that politicians overstep, but do you not get that it might be worth it to try and stop an outbreak to limit travel, despite the fact that "Jews are dying to get in"

I don't have all the answers, but I see both sides
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline tavster

• View Profile

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: June 23, 2021, 09:37:29 AM »
Here we go

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1407692580159209476?s=19

The silver lining for some might be a continuation of award availability and competitive fares.
-- Dan

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: June 23, 2021, 09:41:31 AM »

But.. the economy is not bleeding. Hotels are booked solid at insane prices, more taxes were collected this year then last, housing prices are sky high. Certainly there are segments of the population that are suffering but as a whole there is a lot of recovery. Jews might want to come in, and I see the issue here, but it's just not a priority to let people in for tourism.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: June 23, 2021, 10:20:34 AM »
Prime Minister Bennett's government decided to postpone the opening of Israel's borders and the entry of vaccinated tourists until August, as Israel faces an increase in coronavirus cases.

Vaccinated tourists were originally supposed to be allowed into the country starting on July 1. In recent days, the country has been hit by the Delta variant, causing an increase in infections in cities like Modi'in and Binyamina. At the moment, some 200 students and 20 teachers in Israel have tested positive for the virus.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3592 on: June 23, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »
Hotels are booked solid at insane prices,
Do you think this will remain this way now that they are not allowing tourists in?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: June 23, 2021, 10:47:01 AM »
Do you think this will remain this way now that they are not allowing tourists in?
Yup, it's almost all locals who aren't going abroad.. You have to remember that there are very little child care options in August for people anyway.. Even over Pesach stuff was packed and they weren't letting people in.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: June 23, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »

Children having to quarantine and new rules that will impose fines on parents, along with the cost and hassle of COVID-19 tests, keep people from taking cheap international vacations.

FTR: domestic prices are high even now before the supposed July 1st implementation of allowing tourists in.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 11:51:27 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: June 23, 2021, 11:13:13 AM »
Prices are nuts. Last summer i stayed up north at a hotel for ILS 2k per night, which was already nuts for what you get.
Same hotel, same room, this summer, ILS 3.3k

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: June 23, 2021, 02:40:32 PM »
NY Israeli consulate changed their email addres for requesings an ishur.
We had sent a request to Consular@newyork.mfa.gov.il, which worked for us before. But this time, after waiting 2 weeks with no reply, we sent a follow-up email, and they said that requests need to be sent to the new email address Consular.Services@newyork.mfa.gov.il

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: June 23, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »
1 - If we used Ultimate Reward points to book tickets with United for July, when should we cancel these tickets - before or after our scheduled flights?
2 - Would we be able to just get the UR points back or have to try to get an ETC?
Thanks.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: June 24, 2021, 10:21:05 AM »
Yup, it's almost all locals who aren't going abroad.. You have to remember that there are very little child care options in August for people anyway.. Even over Pesach stuff was packed and they weren't letting people in.

Yeah. Kids still need to quarantine if leaving Israel, and many people are simply too confused about what’s required to travel these days. 

In general hotels around the world are expensive now, in part because of more lenient change policies and mindset

There are also people who are using vouchers before they expire. The yacht charter market is essentially sold out for July/August because people had postponements from Covid + only booking last minute once Europe opened - and the booking process can take boats off the marketplace for a few days at a time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:29:03 AM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #3599 on: June 24, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
I called a rental car company about 2 weeks ago and they told me that basically for the whole month of Av they have no 7, 8, 9 seaters left.