Author Topic: Print a large format document, such as a poster or banner, by splitting the page  (Read 1891 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Print a large format document, such as a poster or banner, by splitting the page across multiple sheets of paper (called "tiling").
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-posters-banners-acrobat-reader.html

What can you guys recommend that I can simply print such banners or posters across multiple papers?

Tried googling for the exact process, but couldn't find any videos with this method above. Saw others like this,

Any other simple way? Using word or Excel?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
I find it easier to place the image into excel. Zoom out a lot, go into print preview and then back out and you will see dotted lines between the pages. Adjust your image size as needed and print all the pages. Then assemble :)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
I find it easier to place the image into excel. Zoom out a lot, go into print preview and then back out and you will see dotted lines between the pages. Adjust your image size as needed and print all the pages. Then assemble :)
I guess I would do the same with a text that I want enlarged to color? Save as an img and do the same process.
 Interesting that they don't have any straight forward program on Microsoft word which would show you how big and how many 8x11 pages with the print.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• View Profile
I guess I would do the same with a text that I want enlarged to color? Save as an img and do the same process.
If you're making your own text I would just make it right in excel. Insert > Wordart and make it a huge font size with a black border and white/no fill.

It's interesting that word doesn't do this very easily, but excel works great. You can also change the orientation between portrait/landscape to see which works better for you.

Offline myi

• View Profile
If you're making your own text I would just make it right in excel. Insert > Wordart and make it a huge font size with a black border and white/no fill.

It's interesting that word doesn't do this very easily, but excel works great. You can also change the orientation between portrait/landscape to see which works better for you.
Will try in a bit and report back. Thanks.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile

Pretty sure Wordart uses vector graphics, should prevent the text from getting too pixelated when printing a really big poster.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online etech0

• View Profile
Pretty sure Wordart uses vector graphics, should prevent the text from getting too pixelated when printing a really big poster.
Exactly

Offline myi

• View Profile
Exactly
Worked like a charm for a first time printer of a banner.
 Always had a sibling do it for me.

And iirc there's was program that was around that made this Extremely easy to use vs the need to play around so it fits to the T and to play around cutting and pasting each document, vs taping them from behind to avoid the hassle of cutting each document to make it fit.

But whatever, managed to do what I needed with Excel and will know for next time what to change!
 Thanks for your help.

Online etech0

• View Profile
Worked like a charm for a first time printer of a banner.
 Always had a sibling do it for me.

And iirc there's was program that was around that made this Extremely easy to use vs the need to play around so it fits to the T and to play around cutting and pasting each document, vs taping them from behind to avoid the hassle of cutting each document to make it fit.

But whatever, managed to do what I needed with Excel and will know for next time what to change!
 Thanks for your help.
Glad it worked out!

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Am I missing something? Isn't this what the Poster option in the Adobe PDF Reader Print menu is doing?

Online etech0

• View Profile
Am I missing something? Isn't this what the Poster option in the Adobe PDF Reader Print menu is doing?
Looks like it, I've never used it. Have you tried it? Good to know about (assuming you have / can make a pdf)

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
Looks like it, I've never used it. Have you tried it? Good to know about (assuming you have / can make a PDF)
I have used it way back, years ago and it used to work like a charm. But it seems to be all like to used to be.

Nowadays getting anything into a PDF shouldn't be a big deal, with the built-in Microsoft Print to PDF printer (or the export to PDF in most - if not all - word processing software.)

Online etech0

• View Profile
I have used it way back, years ago and it used to work like a charm. But it seems to be all like to used to be.

Nowadays getting anything into a PDF shouldn't be a big deal, with the built-in Microsoft Print to PDF printer (or the export to PDF in most - if not all - word processing software.)
+1

Offline myi

• View Profile

A site like cloud convert does it quite well if saving from Microsoft word to a PDF doesn't work.

Can you post a link of exactly which version of PDF /Adobe reader you're using? Thanks

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
Can you post a link of exactly which version of PDF /Adobe reader you're using? Thanks
Latest version of Free Adobe Acrobat Reader..