Author Topic: My mysterious new HP printer uses ink that is not available online. Any Insight?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I would kinda assume that if it can be done on the MFC then it can be done on the DCP. My (very limited) understanding is that they're largely the same minus fax and a 2 page/min difference. Is that a bad assumption?
I'm not saying that it's not possible, just that I'm not sure it is possible.... (Don't forget that this is a workaround that brother doesn't disclose in the normal documentation.)

Even on the MFCs not every model had the same way.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
What I'm afraid of the DCPL2550 (since I haven't used it yet), if it's also that easy to reset toner counter.
What's the point of resetting the toner count so it doesn't show cartridge empty?
  All my new tonors have new chips in them.
What do you use?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
What's the point of resetting the toner count so it doesn't show cartridge empty?
  All my new tonors have new chips in them.
What do you use?
I use LINKO or v4ink unusually, not sure if they
 have chips but there fact is that sometimes it'll just get stuck with the the toner empty unless cleared.

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Dan/JJ have posted deals on various printers in this Brother line quiet often. I'm going to wait until the next time they post one and I'll order it. For now, I signed up for the HP Instant Ink subscription, which includes two months of free ink. Hopefully the next deal will come sooner than that. (Effective cost- $45 for two months of printing, up to 300 full color pages each month, 5 cents for every page over the 300.)

I'm still perplexed about a few things:
-The actual printer model isn't listed on Walmart's website, even though I bought the printer at Walmart.
-The printer model shows no results when searched on HP's website, nor on Amazon.
-The ink model shows no results when searched on HP's website, nor on Amazon or Walmart.

Each of these points, in their own right, are very peculiar.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Very strange! Hopefully HP ink will work out.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I use LINKO or v4ink unusually, not sure if they
 have chips but there fact is that sometimes it'll just get stuck with the the toner empty unless cleared.
That's quite funny, those are the brands I've been using for quite some time.
  Most of them iirc had a chip, as you need a chip for it to work, unless you remove the old one and put it in the new one.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501