Author Topic: Aer Lingus flight booked with BA Avios - I desperately need help!!!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline johnec4

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Hi all,
With the help of Dans Deals, I was able to accumulate enough BA Avios to book a flight for me and my family to Ireland on Aer Lingus using their off-peak sweet spot from ORD to DUB. Then COVID hit. We're supposed to travel in early June but we don't feel safe. Aer Lingus is offering vouchers for flights through June. I asked Aer Lingus for a voucher but they said since I booked with BA Avios, I needed to go through them. I contacted BA and they said, since my flight is not cancelled, no vouchers were available to me. BA also is offering vouchers for their flights through June. Here is their exact reply:

Hey John, sorry for the late reply. As your flights are still scheduled to depart, any refund would be as per your ticket rules. This means we won't be able to offer a full refund. As your flights are operated by Aer Lingus, we're afraid your booking isn't covered by our policy so you're not eligible for a voucher.

If you have any suggestions I can try to get a full refund, PLEASE let me know.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Wait and see if the flight is cancelled?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
But he really desperately needs help !  ;D :D

Online Baglach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Hi all,
With the help of Dans Deals, I was able to accumulate enough BA Avios to book a flight for me and my family to Ireland on Aer Lingus using their off-peak sweet spot from ORD to DUB. Then COVID hit. We're supposed to travel in early June but we don't feel safe. Aer Lingus is offering vouchers for flights through June. I asked Aer Lingus for a voucher but they said since I booked with BA Avios, I needed to go through them. I contacted BA and they said, since my flight is not cancelled, no vouchers were available to me. BA also is offering vouchers for their flights through June. Here is their exact reply:

If you have any suggestions I can try to get a full refund, PLEASE let me know.
Ba is 55$ to cancel, not the end of the world

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Wait and see if the flight is cancelled?
This
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline johnec4

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Thanks for calming me down everyone. I will wait to see if the flight is canceled and if not, will cancel at the last moment and pay the $55/person like @Baglach suggested. I didn't have all of the information right away, so I was concerned I was going to lose much more money.

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Thanks for calming me down everyone. I will wait to see if the flight is canceled and if not, will cancel at the last moment and pay the $55/person like @Baglach suggested. I didn't have all of the information right away, so I was concerned I was going to lose much more money.
If the flight isn’t cancelled, you’d have to call to cancel more then 24 hours before the flight. Otherwise, you would lose it completely

Offline johnec4

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
If the flight isn’t cancelled, you’d have to call to cancel more then 24 hours before the flight. Otherwise, you would lose it completely
thanks for the heads up.