Author Topic: מי כעמך ישראל - Post your stories here  (Read 21837 times)

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Re: מי כעמך ישראל - Post your stories here
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2020, 08:49:26 AM »
Thanks. That's phenomenal.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
Not Eichlers - Masbia
read the post, the one who is sponsoring it is the owner of eichlers in BP.

Offline Luvisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2020, 08:46:00 AM »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2020, 04:12:17 PM »
A person that had Corona and Boruch Hashem got better posted that he wants 1000 families should say the whole sefer tehilim to storm the heavens to end this sickness on this past shabbos. I contacted him Thursday night and he told me had 1600 families saying the complete tehilim.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:50:12 PM by Yitz »

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2020, 04:31:37 PM »
A person that had Corona and Boruch Hashem I got better posted that he wants 1000 families should say the whole sefer tehilim to storm the heavens to end this sickness on this past shabbos. I contacted him Thursday night and he told me had 1600 families saying the complete tehilim.
Are you talking about Yoeli Greenfeld?

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »
Are you talking about Yoeli Greenfeld?
I do not recall his name I contacted him with a Tel he posted to text.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »
I do not recall his name I contacted him with a Tel he posted to text.
Yoeli Greenfeld is a popular chasidic singer who recently released such a video.

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »
R' Frand told a story last night tied into a pasuk in Kedoshim. With permission I will post both the vort and the story below

R' Frand quoted a Ramban in Kedoshim on וְאָֽהַבְתָּ֥ לְרֵֽעֲךָ֖ כָּמ֑וֹךָ who writes that the pasuk cannot be understood simplistically. If this was true, then the Gemara which discusses two people travelling in the desert with one jug of water should require the person to give it away and not to drink it to preserve his own life.

R' Frand explained that וְאָֽהַבְתָּ֥ לְרֵֽעֲךָ֖ כָּמ֑וֹךָ is a lesson in how we should treat others and want good things to happen to others. A person should do for others and want for them as much as he wants for himself. A person can want his neighbor to have money or a nice house, "but I want my kids to be better than his" or "I want to be smarter." The Ramban explains that there is no carve out, a person should not want his friend to have it as good as him, except for...

R' Frand then mentioned that Mishpacha magazine had asked him his advice for people making the seder for the first time and he told them - teach your kids the songs at the end of the seder, the traditional niggunim of your family. R' Frand then stated that as he did not keep some of his father's minhagim - his father stood for all of kiddush, he sits at the bracha. His father stood for havdallah, he sits as they do in yeshiva. But he has his father's niggunim for the end of the seder as a mesorah. And he taught those to his children and they use them at their sedarim.

R' Frand next quoted a story from R' Fishel Gross about being sensitive for a neighbor's needs and wanting the best for them. A woman had lost her husband a few years prior, but she always had her children for the seder, so she was never alone. But this year as an older woman, she was home by herself for the seder. But her neighbors were sensitive to her plight - they moved their dining room table next to the window and told her to do the same. She was able to listen and participate in their seder, even though they were not in the same house.

After the Chag ended, her children called and asked how her sedarim were. Fantastic, she responded,  I was able to sing with the neighbors in their seder and they even sang the niggunim like daddy used to! I had a seder like we used to, when daddy was alive. But she did not know that the neighbor had called the children of the woman and recorded their niggunim and practiced them with the family so that they could sing them with her. This is being concerned for others and וְאָֽהַבְתָּ֥ לְרֵֽעֲךָ֖ כָּמ֑וֹךָ.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
Same story, told a little better:

" SEDER STORY
An older couple recently moved to a senior citizen residence in Lakewood to be next to their children.  Sadly,  the man was niftar two years ago; the wife was grief stricken  and the next few years was very difficult for her.   
Then, this year she discovered that she would have to quarantine for Pesach. Inconceivable!  Not to have her husband and now, not to be with any of her children! She had never spent a yom tov alone in her life.  She was inconsolable.

One of the neighbors found out about her distress. They called her up and told her since their units are so close to each other; the family would happily move their dining room table next to her open window and have the seder and you will be with us!
And so it happened.
After the first days were over, the woman called her children, bubbling over with joy.
She couldn't stop talking about what wonderful sedorim she had enjoyed. The best part was all the songs they sang.  This family had the same minhagim and exact  niggunim of her late husband. It brought her great comfort and happiness. 
Little did she know, that this couple called each and every one of her children to hear the songs of their  late father.  The sons sang and sent it over through recorded messages.....which the family memorized for the seder night. "

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »
Same story, told a little better:

" SEDER STORY
An older couple recently moved to a senior citizen residence in Lakewood to be next to their children.  Sadly,  the man was niftar two years ago; the wife was grief stricken  and the next few years was very difficult for her.   
Then, this year she discovered that she would have to quarantine for Pesach. Inconceivable!  Not to have her husband and now, not to be with any of her children! She had never spent a yom tov alone in her life.  She was inconsolable.

One of the neighbors found out about her distress. They called her up and told her since their units are so close to each other; the family would happily move their dining room table next to her open window and have the seder and you will be with us!
And so it happened.
After the first days were over, the woman called her children, bubbling over with joy.
She couldn't stop talking about what wonderful sedorim she had enjoyed. The best part was all the songs they sang.  This family had the same minhagim and exact  niggunim of her late husband. It brought her great comfort and happiness. 
Little did she know, that this couple called each and every one of her children to hear the songs of their  late father.  The sons sang and sent it over through recorded messages.....which the family memorized for the seder night. "

Yasher Koach - I took notes on the shiur that Rabbi Frand said last night which incorporated a retelling of the story, but did not have access to the full story. Was that published somewhere?

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »
A person that had Corona and Boruch Hashem got better posted that he wants 1000 families should say the whole sefer tehilim to storm the heavens to end this sickness on this past shabbos. I contacted him Thursday night and he told me had 1600 families saying the complete tehilim.
Just want to explain a Family can divide the tehilim, This is happening again for this shabbos. Click on this to sign up www.tehillim1000.com/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:56:52 PM by Yitz »

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2020, 07:42:28 PM »

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2020, 02:26:30 PM »
@Yehuda57 maybe hang out here?

(perplexed people, see here)

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »
@Yehuda57 maybe hang out here?

(perplexed people, see here)

Fill it, and he may come.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.