Author Topic: Dropping Antibody Levels  (Read 59981 times)

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Antibody Levels
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 08:23:58 AM »
When Rav Michel ber weismandel went running around Europe trying to save lives, people said he was crazy.

He died young from heartbreak.

A doctor is working all day every day, he puts his life in danger, he is beyond breaking point.

And some nudnik's come along assuming that "God looks after fools and idiots"

You bash the doctors, you ignore what they say, you get sick and sadly many die and the doctor cries and screams "ad Masai"

He cries for the dead person, he cries for the almanos, he cries for the yesomim.

I know because I talk to these doctors, I talk to their wives who stay up all night as their husband's work 18-20 hour day's, as they pray for their husbands and patient's.

I'm not saying I have the answers, I'm saying that din v'cheshbon is needed.

History will be your judge
Such a disgusting comparison.

A couple weeks ago this doctor spread a rumor that all the Jewish camps were told that they can not open and any camp that was charging you anyways was basically stealing. When confronted about it by camp owners he tried to lie and cover it up but it was very clear that he was caught in one huge lie which could have destroyed the parnassah that some people have spent their entire lives building.

He sent a whole voice note bashing the community of Lakewood for allowing backyard minyanim even though at that point they had only allowed porch minyanim. He even said that he spoke to a doctor who didn’t want to allow such outdoor minyanim but the BMG rabbonim forced him to sign the letter.

He may be a doctor and I’m sure he is doing great work on that end but it doesn’t give him the right to be motzei laaz on camp owners that they are just stealing parents money. It doesn’t give him a right to send around a message bashing rabbonim for stuff that they didn’t permit.

We don’t bash the doctors, we bash people who so clearly have an agenda against other yidden.

Offline menachemd1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2020, 08:51:47 AM »
A little amateur question. There was an article in zman a while ago about some guy who developed immunity to snake bites. He used to inject into himself a little venom, and his body would fight it and develop a cure for others who got bitten (they would inject some of his blood)
https://youtu.be/8q_m-rDUNw0

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2020, 09:18:40 AM »
Such a disgusting comparison.

A couple weeks ago this doctor spread a rumor that all the Jewish camps were told that they can not open and any camp that was charging you anyways was basically stealing. When confronted about it by camp owners he tried to lie and cover it up but it was very clear that he was caught in one huge lie which could have destroyed the parnassah that some people have spent their entire lives building.

He sent a whole voice note bashing the community of Lakewood for allowing backyard minyanim even though at that point they had only allowed porch minyanim. He even said that he spoke to a doctor who didn’t want to allow such outdoor minyanim but the BMG rabbonim forced him to sign the letter.

He may be a doctor and I’m sure he is doing great work on that end but it doesn’t give him the right to be motzei laaz on camp owners that they are just stealing parents money. It doesn’t give him a right to send around a message bashing rabbonim for stuff that they didn’t permit.

We don’t bash the doctors, we bash people who so clearly have an agenda against other yidden.
This is rich coming from someone who has been downplaying this from day one.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2020, 09:26:45 AM »
This is rich coming from someone who has been downplaying this from day one.
Oh so I’m downplaying it and he’s comparing it to the Holocaust. I think I’m much closer to reality then he is.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2020, 09:27:06 AM »
You're actually the one speculating that I'm speculating.

GIYF. Most experts are still saying that say they believe that immunity is going to last.

I don't think you know what the word means. Literally everything in your post was speculation. Anytime you write, "I think" or "it's likely" or speak about someone's personal motivations, all without a single source, that is the definition of speculation. Covering it with a "GIYF" doesn't cut it.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:54 AM »
Can you repeat what you just said in simple English please?

This coming from someone who is telling people they can "get immuned" is something to behold.... I thought it was very clear. Wrong, but clear.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:37:24 AM by Lurker »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2020, 09:32:04 AM »
Oh so I’m downplaying it and he’s comparing it to the Holocaust. I think I’m much closer to reality then he is.
Actually considering the small point that he compared it to and how many people died from attitudes like yours I would say that his overall post is much closer to reality.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2020, 09:35:57 AM »
A little amateur question. There was an article in zman a while ago about some guy who developed immunity to snake bites. He used to inject into himself a little venom, and his body would fight it and develop a cure for others who got bitten (they would inject some of his blood).
No idea how these things work - if it's any comparison or not, but wouldn't it make sense for those who have the antibodies for covid19, to keep on exposing themselves so their immune system keeps on fighting the virus?

While my initial instinct was to stop where @Dan did, since the post wasn't too long, I actually speed read it. I don't know about using his blood as an anti venom for others, but there's definitely a YouTube video (from Vice IINM) about this guy who regularly injects himself with venom and claims it creates a very strong immune system.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »
There is a vocal minority of doctors that are advocating staying locked up forever because even though all viruses develop some level of immunity and even though there are no confirmed cases of anyone with antibodies getting reinfected you still never know and it is a ספק פיקוח נפש  etc etc.

There are also fearmongers (a number of them on DDF) that only hear these doctors

Literally no one has advocated to be shut down forever. There have been people advocating for stay-at-home measures to be in place a little longer to give science a little more time to figure out what this virus is.

I will be the first to say that I've been a very loud voice in that regard, and I can post links to 10 news stories from the past 4 days illustrating why. They won't be science articles, but ones about people. My stance isn't that there is no way to partially open the country safely if all the rules are followed. My stance is that people are stupid and the rules won't be followed. Packed flights, beaches, and bars tell me I'm right. Just wait until Memorial Day weekend.

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2020, 09:38:59 AM »
Actually considering the small point that he compared it to and how many people died from attitudes like yours I would say that his overall post is much closer to reality.
You say that people have died from attitudes like mine. I disagree with you but you’re entitled

Plenty of people have died from panic as well. Cuomo sent all those COVID patients into nursing homes (which resulted in a good chunk of the 5000 nursing homes deaths in NYS) because he was basing it off some crazy models based on 15 year old code which projected that we would need 140k hospital beds. What was the max beds needed? 18k.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 09:39:35 AM »
Literally no one has advocated to be shut down forever. There have been people advocating for stay-at-home measures to be in place a little longer to give science a little more time to figure out what this virus is.

I will be the first to say that I've been a very loud voice in that regard, and I can post count links to 10 news stories from the past 4 days illustrating why. They won't be science articles, but ones about people. My stance isn't that there is no way to partially open the country safely if all the rules are followed. My stance is that people are stupid and the rules won't be followed. Packed flights, beaches, and bars tell me I'm right. Just wait until Memorial Day weekend.

What I don’t understand is why the American brain is so binary. Why does it have to be shelter-in-place lockdown <———> regular life with nothing in between?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2020, 09:40:47 AM »
What I don’t understand is why the American brain is so binary. Why does it have to be shelter-in-place lockdown <———> regular life with nothing in between?
Because our country is so polarized politically and this has become a political issue. The right wants complete reopening and the left wants a shelter in place lockdown.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2020, 09:42:26 AM »
Because our country is so polarized politically and this has become a political issue. The right wants complete reopening and the left wants a shelter in place lockdown.

So people will risk their lives because of polarized politics?

This sounds to me like another symptom of the devolution of the Great American Machine (not a reference to any specific presidential campaign).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2020, 09:43:30 AM »
So people will risk their lives because of polarized politics?

This sounds to me like another symptom of the devolution of the Great American Machine (not a reference to any specific presidential campaign).
Of course it is. The second this became political any chance our country had of a real recovery went out the window.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2020, 09:45:07 AM »
Dunno, but very few would call me left.
I also don't think it should be complete lockdown, but from from the way some here make it you would never know.

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2020, 09:46:35 AM »
Dunno, but very few would call me left.
You don’t think there is a middle ground between pre COVID 19 days and complete lockdowns that we have now?

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2020, 09:47:29 AM »

Agree, no one is saying for forever, it seems like the longest people are saying now, is until the elections are over or until very last person is totally dependent on the government, which comes first

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
There is a vocal minority of doctors that are advocating staying locked up forever because even though all viruses develop some level of immunity and even though there are no confirmed cases of anyone with antibodies getting reinfected you still never know and it is a ספק פיקוח נפש  etc etc.

There are also fearmongers (a number of them on DDF) that only hear these doctors
Please quote a doctor or DDF member who advocates staying locked up forever. I’ll wait.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2020, 09:48:11 AM »
You don’t think there is a middle ground between pre COVID 19 days and complete lockdowns that we have now?
I do -.-but any time anyone expresses any skepticism at all about any individual item being unwise you and others say they are only happy with complete lockdown.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »
Please quote a doctor or DDF member who advocates staying locked up forever. I’ll wait.
@ari3 pls don’t say any names. Might cause lashon hara issues. We’ve had people here accuse Doctors of going senile.... might be lifnei iver