Author Topic: Dropping Antibody Levels  (Read 59828 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Dropping Antibody Levels
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »
Because our country is so polarized politically and this has become a political issue. The right wants complete reopening and the left wants a shelter in place lockdown.
I don’t know about right or left, I want neither of these. I’ve seen few posters calling for either of these, I’d say a majority of people are in between. Certainly I’ve seen more posters on here call for complete reopening than total extended shutdown, but I think anyone who calls for total reopening is absolutely bonkers. Would you describe me as right or left?

Teaser: I voted for Trump in the primaries, although I didn’t vote Election Day 2016.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2020, 09:56:40 AM »
Agree, no one is saying for forever, it seems like the longest people are saying now, is until the elections are over or until very last person is totally dependent on the government, which comes first

Source?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2020, 09:59:42 AM »
I don’t know about right or left, I want neither of these. I’ve seen few posters calling for either of these, I’d say a majority of people are in between. Certainly I’ve seen more posters on here call for complete reopening than total extended shutdown, but I think anyone who calls for total reopening is absolutely bonkers. Would you describe me as right or left?

Teaser: I voted for Trump in the primaries, although I didn’t vote Election Day 2016.
I am not really referring to DDF, if you look at polling it is very clear that there is a huge split. CNN released a poll yesterday which said that 50 percent of republicans wouldn’t go and get vaccinated if a vaccine was available at low cost.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2020, 10:01:47 AM »
You don’t think there is a middle ground between pre COVID 19 days and complete lockdowns that we have now?

Florida is packed with tourists right now. They had to close the beaches in Naples because they were slammed with zero social distancing, and 99% of the people were from out of town. In NY, even with stay-at-home measures, the subways are packed with less than 2/3 of the people wearing masks or gloves. There are stories in nearly every state of gross violations of SD, both with and without stay-at-home orders.

There is a middle ground. Show me Americans who have proved they can actually stay in that middle ground, and I'll jump on board with a partial reopening.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2020, 10:03:37 AM »
I am not really referring to DDF, if you look at polling it is very clear that there is a huge split. CNN released a poll yesterday which said that 50 percent of republicans wouldn’t go and get vaccinated if a vaccine was available at low cost.
Where’s this, can you post a link? If that’s true then this is even more political than I thought, and that’s really not good for the USA long term. What in G-ds green earth is political about that???

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
Florida is packed with tourists right now. They had to close the beaches in Naples because they were slammed with zero social distancing, and 99% of the people were from out of town. In NY, even with stay-at-home measures, the subways are packed with less than 2/3 of the people wearing masks or gloves. There are stories in nearly every state of gross violations of SD, both with and without stay-at-home orders.

There is a middle ground. Show me Americans who have proved they can actually stay in that middle ground, and I'll jump on board with a partial reopening.
Georgia has now been opened for almost three weeks and we have seen a continued decline in every single metric.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2020, 10:05:48 AM »
Literally no one has advocated to be shut down forever. There have been people advocating for stay-at-home measures to be in place a little longer to give science a little more time to figure out what this virus is.
Which government has said that any measures will be for 'just a little longer'? They keep pushing things off and off without any definite information...
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
What I don’t understand is why the American brain is so binary. Why does it have to be shelter-in-place lockdown <———> regular life with nothing in between?

Some of it is binary, but think there's a missing component. There are just people who aren't taking the whole thing seriously, regardless of medical or governmental guidelines. My neighbor is a 60+y/o accountant, married to a former pediatric ER doctor. She tells me the only reason she's taking any precautions is because her husband was relating some of his ER experiences with vents. Other than that, she only knows what she sees on the news. If it's not real to this highly educated, upper middle-class woman, who is higher risk, how do you expect the average American to get it?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »
Georgia has now been opened for almost three weeks and we have seen a continued decline in every single metric.
I hope this stays this way. If you are using it as a source for us to base our decisions on to ease restrictions (which is reasonable), will you agree that if cases start to increase sharply there we should also use it as a source to enforce tighter restrictions?

There are many reasons there is room to hope it does stay down, including testing capacity, weather, keeping the elderly inside, etc. and it can be used as another point of reference for everyone else.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2020, 10:24:15 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coronavirus-cases-georgia-florida-continue-153633256.html

I’m a strong believer in reopening but it’s hard to believe that there is zero impact from reopening. 3 weeks is still too early considering the incubation period and testing lag so I would give it another couple weeks before taking the numbers at face value.

It was always anticipated that there would be some increases in numbers upon reopening in places that haven’t reached herd immunity, just that it would be an acceptable number when weighed vs. the alternative.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2020, 10:25:40 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coronavirus-cases-georgia-florida-continue-153633256.html

I’m a strong believer in reopening but it’s hard to believe that there is zero impact from reopening. 3 weeks is still too early considering the incubation period and testing lag so I would give it another couple weeks before taking the numbers at face value.

It was always anticipated that there would be some increases in numbers upon reopening in places that haven’t reached herd immunity, just that it would be an acceptable number when weighed vs. the alternative.
I agree with you,  but of course if the numbers go from 15 to 0 that would be an acceptable alternative ;)

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »
I hope this stays this way. If you are using it as a source for us to base our decisions on to ease restrictions (which is reasonable), will you agree that if cases start to increase sharply there we should also use it as a source to enforce tighter restrictions?

There are many reasons there is room to hope it does stay down, including testing capacity, weather, keeping the elderly inside, etc. and it can be used as another point of reference for everyone else.
Oh of course. I do think that the NY plan to reopening is a very safe plan (even though I think NYC is pretty close to herd immunity).

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »
Which government has said that any measures will be for 'just a little longer'? They keep pushing things off and off without any definite information...

They keep saying "a little bit longer" and then pushing the dates off. And most have started to come out with guidelines for reopening, as well as benchmarks that need to be reached before that happens. I'm not saying they are all doing a stellar job or that there aren't political factors coming into play, but no one has advocated for a long-term shutdown. Let's remember one thing: we're at most 2 months into stay-at-home measures. Let's stop pretending this has been going on forever.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:36:18 AM by Lurker »

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »
Oh of course. I do think that the NY plan to reopening is a very safe plan (even though I think NYC is pretty close to herd immunity).

See, when people say things like this it makes me want to lock everything down even more.

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2020, 10:35:33 AM »
And most have started to come out with guidelines for reopening, as well as benchmarks that need to be reached before that happens.
realistic ones?
we're at most 2 weeks into stay-at-home measures.
What does that mean?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
realistic ones?What does that mean?

Sorry, meant months. Typo. Edited.

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »
See, when people say things like this it makes me want to lock everything down even more.
It’s not like there aren’t studies that say that 30 percent infection is a very plausible threshold for herd immunity for this virus.

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2020, 10:38:34 AM »
Sorry, meant months. Typo. Edited.
NP. I'm not saying that what people are doing is right. Just explaining why they are fed up.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
It’s not like there aren’t studies that say that 30 percent infection is a very plausible threshold for herd immunity for this virus.
Source? And why would that be the case, if the R0 number is so high (which, if you assume a close to 30% infection rate in NY, it must be).