Author Topic: Dropping Antibody Levels  (Read 59978 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Antibody Levels
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2020, 11:38:09 AM »
Source? I have only seen numbers showing otherwise. Do you have any suppoting numbers?
This has been discussed already a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember which thread. And I can only speak for my community. But in my shull, 80% of people have had the virus already by now. And I'm from BP. As I said I can talk for my community. Maybe outside of my circles it's different.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
70% of staff in Bobov has antibodies.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2020, 11:45:20 AM »
Good thing people on ddf don't make any of the decisions or we would all be screwed

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »
Huge antibody testing taking place in Lakewood this Sunday by Bikur Cholim in conjunction with Mayo. At least 3000 slots and they are maxed out.Many people I know signed up because they want to visit parents etc. and are waiting for antibody confirmation. Let’s see what comes out next week.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:49:14 AM by Yard sale »

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2020, 11:58:37 AM »
Huge antibody testing taking place in Lakewood this Sunday by Bikur Cholim in conjunction with Mayo. At least 3000 slots and they are maxed out.Many people I know signed up because they want to visit parents etc. and are waiting for antibody confirmation. Let’s see what comes out next week.

Bikur Cholim asked that people do not use this drive unless they are planning on donating plasma. If you just want to know if you have antibodies, you can go to Urgent Care in Todd Plaza, the results are quicker and it's covered by most insurances, but their test only tells you if you have antibodies. It does not tell you if you had covid19, and does not tell you how many antibodies you have. But still usefull if yo want to know if you can visit parents etc...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2020, 12:00:34 PM »
Wait, they are checking antibodies to see if it's safe to visit their parents ???
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2020, 12:02:52 PM »
But still usefull if yo want to know if you can visit parents etc...
Is it useful though? Is bikur cholim or the urgent care telling people that if they're positive for antibodies they can visit at-risk populations?

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2020, 12:04:17 PM »
Bikur Cholim asked that people do not use this drive unless they are planning on donating plasma. If you just want to know if you have antibodies, you can go to Urgent Care in Todd Plaza, the results are quicker and it's covered by most insurances, but their test only tells you if you have antibodies. It does not tell you if you had covid19, and does not tell you how many antibodies you have. But still usefull if yo want to know if you can visit parents etc...
Is that test as accurate?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2020, 12:09:01 PM »
Is that test as accurate?
No. It's the FDA allowed but not approved test made by Abbott Labs

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »
Lots of people I know say, they’re for sure going to their parents for shavous, especially if the parents already had it

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2020, 12:10:52 PM »
Is it useful though? Is bikur cholim or the urgent care telling people that if they're positive for antibodies they can visit at-risk populations?
I’m sure they are not. They are doing it as part of an NIH study. Why people are going is a different reason.

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2020, 12:12:19 PM »
I’m sure they are not. They are doing it as part of an NIH study. Why people are going is a different reason.
The feeling I got was, they really just need everyone for the study but the only way to get people to show up was to also offer antibody testing

Offline joeberg

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2020, 12:12:22 PM »
Not true. The upcoming Sun. drive has nothing to do with plasma. It is for research purposes. Mayo clinic and NIH.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »
Lots of people I know say, they’re for sure going to their parents for shavous, especially if the parents already had it

A few yard minyanim locally  are struggling this shabbos because people are going away for shabbos...

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2020, 12:14:11 PM »
A few yard minyanim locally  are struggling this shabbos because people are going away for shabbos...
Yup, had that issue last week. The oilam is burnt out of the whole social distancing thing

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »
No, no one is saying that you can use the tests to visit grandparents. I was only replying to @Yard sale who wrote that people were going to the Bikur Cholim drive in order to know if they can visit grandparents.
The bikur cholim website has this disclaimer:

Disclaimer: If you take the test planning not to donate blood, or if you will use the results of the antibodies to determine if you can lower your social distancing, such as interacting with the elderly, this is dangerous and immoral, and can lead to more deaths in our community, r"l. The only purpose of undergoing this test is to see if you have blood that can help other stricken with COVID-19. Please do not use it for any other purpose.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2020, 12:19:58 PM »
No, no one is saying that you can use the tests to visit grandparents. I was only replying to @Yard sale who wrote that people were going to the Bikur Cholim drive in order to know if they can visit grandparents.

Disclaimer: If you take the test planning not to donate blood, or if you will use the results of the antibodies to determine if you can lower your social distancing, such as interacting with the elderly, this is dangerous and immoral, and can lead to more deaths in our community, r"l. The only purpose of undergoing this test is to see if you have blood that can help other stricken with COVID-19. Please do not use it for any other purpose.
Correct. This is my point. People are running to get the tested so they can say I'm positive for antibodies, I can do whatever I want. But I haven't heard of any doctor/scientist actually telling people that, and the testing places are telling people specifically not like that. Plenty are saying the assumption is you're immune, but find me someone currently actually giving that as practical medical advice. Perhaps there are local doctors telling their patients such a thing. I have no idea.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »

They have the disclaimer but they know full well what is motivating 3000 people to come. It isn’t in the interest of science and donation a sample to the NIH, noble as the idea may be.

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2020, 12:29:14 PM »
They have the disclaimer but they know full well what is motivating 3000 people to come. It isn’t in the interest of science and donation a sample to the NIH, noble as the idea may be.

That's exactly why I replied to you. If that's your intention, then go to Urgent Care. Right now all 3000 slots for the Sunday drive are reserved, and there are many people who do want to donate plasma, but they can't sign up because people who may want the testing for other reasons are taking up the slots

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »
There are two totally separate programs:
  • Plasma drives. They run antibody tests to determine donor eligibility.
  • Research. They run an antibody test, plus provide a sample to NIH. Test also includes comprehensive questionnaire.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty