Author Topic: Dropping Antibody Levels  (Read 59813 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Dropping Antibody Levels
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2020, 12:33:26 PM »
Correct. This is my point. People are running to get the tested so they can say I'm positive for antibodies, I can do whatever I want. But I haven't heard of any doctor/scientist actually telling people that, and the testing places are telling people specifically not like that. Plenty are saying the assumption is you're immune, but find me someone currently actually giving that as practical medical advice. Perhaps there are local doctors telling their patients such a thing. I have no idea.
You can have anti-bodies and be secreting the virus.

Anyone using the anti-body test to determine if they are negative for covid are fooling themselves.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:36:32 PM by jj1000 »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2020, 12:37:06 PM »

Anyone using the anti-body test to determine if they are negative for covid are fooling themselves.
What about if that is accompanied by a negative test (nasal swab)?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2020, 12:38:35 PM »
What about if that is accompanied by a negative test (nasal swab)?
Current recommendation is 2 nasal swab tests 24 hours apart.

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2020, 12:42:18 PM »
There are two totally separate programs:
  • Plasma drives. They run antibody tests to determine donor eligibility.
  • Research. They run an antibody test, plus provide a sample to NIH. Test also includes comprehensive questionnaire.

False.
It is one drive this Sunday:
"You will need to complete a 20 question survey. You will then receive an appointment slot to have 2 tubes of blood drawn on Sunday May 17. One specimen will be sent to the Mayo Clinic to test your antibodies. You will receive the result of this test. The other specimen will be submitted to the NIH to be used for extensive research and study in facilitating the historic developement. You will not receive these results"

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2020, 12:55:10 PM »
False.
It is one drive this Sunday:
"You will need to complete a 20 question survey. You will then receive an appointment slot to have 2 tubes of blood drawn on Sunday May 17. One specimen will be sent to the Mayo Clinic to test your antibodies. You will receive the result of this test. The other specimen will be submitted to the NIH to be used for extensive research and study in facilitating the historic developement. You will not receive these results"

How does that contradict what I wrote?
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2020, 12:56:11 PM »
How does that contradict what I wrote?
I'm sorry I misread your post. Thought you said there were 2 separate drives...

Online yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2020, 02:36:01 PM »
That graph shows IgG staying in the blood, not dropping to nil as the Dr claimed.
Like I said, hopefully just faulty testing.
he never said nil he said no longer enough to be used for plasma donation you can still spool up quickly if you get it again but your plasma cant spool up quickly in someone elses body

Offline etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2020, 03:00:42 PM »
he never said nil he said no longer enough to be used for plasma donation you can still spool up quickly if you get it again but your plasma cant spool up quickly in someone elses body
So it's good for immunity but not for plasma donation, which means that people who want plasma should do it asap (except that they might want to wait in case they don't have antibodies yet...)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2020, 03:10:07 PM »
Correct (got this info confirmed from a few doctors)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2020, 03:31:20 PM »
Oh so I’m downplaying it and he’s comparing it to the Holocaust. I think I’m much closer to reality then he is.

Well it's the best comparison I could think of. Where people were warned and ignored.

I just read that sailors on the ship got infected a second time.

What about that ? What if anti bodies or having had the virus means nothing ? And then you have to remember there are two types of the virus So what if you can get both?

What if we CV have another wave and another 2500 dead Jews? Will you then listen ?

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2020, 03:32:18 PM »
I'm scheduled to donate plasma next week, in one appointment they'll test for antibodies, do a covid test, and take the plasma, if it is established that the antibodies are too low the plasma is destroyed...
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2020, 03:36:30 PM »
he never said nil he said no longer enough to be used for plasma donation you can still POTENTIALLY spool up quickly if you get it again
FTFY

Offline presidentialplus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »

Anything could be.........

But antibody are only developed a few weeks in to the virus.
If you could still be spreading the virus while having anti bodies then the virus is contagious for more then a month. Something nobody says.
You could test positive for weeks after the virus is gone. It's from dead cells.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2020, 03:39:08 PM »

If you could still be spreading the virus while having anti bodies then the virus is contagious for more then a month. Something nobody says.
You could test positive for weeks after the virus is gone. It's from dead cells.

Wrong.

Next...

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2020, 03:40:18 PM »

Where was this confirmed? Last I checked it was a theory that many doctors were assuming (hoping?).
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2020, 03:56:58 PM »
Well it's the best comparison I could think of. Where people were warned and ignored.

I just read that sailors on the ship got infected a second time.

What about that ? What if anti bodies or having had the virus means nothing ? And then you have to remember there are two types of the virus So what if you can get both?

What if we CV have another wave and another 2500 dead Jews? Will you then listen ?
Could you provide a source of this supposed reinfection of sailors?

It would be the first recorded reinfection.

You accuse me of not listening, I listen to doctors. But I will never listen to that unhinged doctor who has been proven wrong time and time again and has lied and tried to ruin people’s lives just to try and get some attention.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »
Could you provide a source of this supposed reinfection of sailors?

It would be the first recorded reinfection.

You accuse me of not listening, I listen to doctors. But I will never listen to that unhinged doctor who has been proven wrong time and time again and has lied and tried to ruin people’s lives just to try and get some attention.
I’d also like to see that, and also proof that it was a reinfection not just continued infection. What did Ditchek get proven wrong about and lie about? He has seemed a bit over the top.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2020, 04:05:23 PM »
I’d also like to see that, and also proof that it was a reinfection not just continued infection. What did Ditchek get proven wrong about and lie about? He has seemed a bit over the top.
He lied about how he knows the camps were told they aren’t being allowed to reopen and made an insinuation that they are just lying so they could take your money.

I asked a couple doctors today and they told me that it’s completely normal for antibody levels to drop after infection.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2020, 04:06:56 PM »
He lied about how he knows the camps were told they aren’t being allowed to reopen and made an insinuation that they are just lying so they could take your money.

I asked a couple doctors today and they told me that it’s completely normal for antibody levels to drop after infection.
Well, he could have been referring to Sullivan County officials who early on said they wouldn’t allow it and one congressman sent a letter to Cuomo. They changed their tune later on.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »

What’s with everyone having access to so many doctors? You and @chevron both. Jewish, I guess ;)