Author Topic: Dropping Antibody Levels  (Read 59977 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Dropping Antibody Levels
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2021, 08:51:56 PM »
Where can i get the "Roche 164068"  test in Lakewood?
Labcorp
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline av83

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »
Labcorp
Thanks. Anywhere else would like to get it tommorow....

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2021, 09:20:45 PM »
Thanks. Anywhere else would like to get it tommorow....
They’re not open tomorrow?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline av83

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2021, 09:15:14 AM »
They’re not open tomorrow?
Dont think so. Am i missing something?

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2021, 09:29:55 AM »
We're so long into this that it's obvious that it's not just the antibody levels, but also the memory cells.
With dropping antibody levels, there are still only a miniscule number of reinfections.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »
We're so long into this that it's obvious that it's not just the antibody levels, but also the memory cells.
With dropping antibody levels, there are still only a miniscule number of reinfections.

By memory cells you mean B-cells?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2021, 11:09:23 AM »
By memory cells you mean B-cells?

Yes

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2021, 02:08:16 PM »
Yes

Not necessarily. AFAIK we don’t have aggregate data on antibody decrease, just the concern that’s possible and established in some cases. Additionally, the current decline might be due to vaccination or other factors, and what you’re describing might not play as big a role.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline av83

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2021, 02:50:16 PM »
I took an antiibody test atLabcorp and just got results back a s "Positive" how do i get the Roche 164068 test that will give me the antibody levels?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »
I took an antiibody test atLabcorp and just got results back a s "Positive" how do i get the Roche 164068 test that will give me the antibody levels?
Get a Dr to write an Rx for that test number.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2021, 03:01:50 PM »
Yes, for qual.
If you want quant, Roche 164090. But this test takes more time, needs more blood, and potentially costs more.
Filed for insurance and they reimbursed.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
Yes, for qual.
If you want quant, Roche 164090. But this test takes more time, needs more blood, and potentially costs more.

What scale do they use? I've had multiple antibody tests that give numeric values, and each of them seemed to use a different scale.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2021, 05:28:54 PM »
What scale do they use? I've had multiple antibody tests that give numeric values, and each of them seemed to use a different scale.
Took this, 192.6 U/mL. Anything over 0.8 is considered positive.
The total range is 0.4-250 U/mL.

Curious how this compares to other people who had COVID or had the vaccine. But it's excellent news that 11 months later I'm still at the high end of the range.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2021, 05:47:05 PM »
They say that antibody levels spiked for COVID recoverees after their 1st dose (compared to non-recoverees), similar to the 2nd dose boost. What they don't say is how those spikes compare for recoverees whose antibodies waned. If all they did was aggregate the data it shows nothing about the issue in question (per the headline).

Well. In June I got a "positive" antibody test (no numeric value). In October my antibody level on a test that gives a numeric reading were just below the threshold to be considered positive.

On 1/28 I got a low antibody reading on an Ortho VITOS SARS- CoVID-2 IgG kit

On 2/17 I got my first dose of Moderna vaccine.

On 2/21 I got a 6.9 Negative IGG where reference is < 9.0 (I was told that that test only detects/tests for naturally occurring antibodies, not those that show up as a result of a vaccine).

On 2/23 I got a 7763 IgG reading (results took almost 72 hours to come) where reference is 51-150 to be considered positive for someone previously recovered or vaccinated or over 150 to be considered positive without prior documented recovery or vaccination.

On 2/25 I got a 4810 reading (in about 6 hours) on a test where reference is > 15 to be considered positive.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »
Well. In June I got a "positive" antibody test (no numeric value). In October my antibody level on a test that gives a numeric reading were just below the threshold to be considered positive.

On 2/21 I got a 6.9 Negative IGG where reference is < 9.0 (I was told that that test only detects/tests for naturally occurring antibodies, not those that show up as a result of a vaccine).

On 2/23 I got a 7763 IgG reading (results took almost 72 hours to come) where reference is 51-150 to be considered positive for someone previously recovered or vaccinated or over 150 to be considered positive without prior documented recovery or vaccination.

On 2/25 I got a 4810 reading (in about 6 hours) on a test where reference is > 15 to be considered positive.
You just love blood tests don’t you
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2021, 06:09:24 PM »

So much positivity!  You're truly an antidote for all the negativity going around these days.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2021, 10:52:55 PM »
My brother finally got told he can no longer donate antibodies (due to low count) after donating at least a half dozen times.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2021, 10:55:05 PM »
My brother finally got told he can no longer donate antibodies (due to low count) after donating at least a half dozen times.
Sounds like you have a great brother!

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2021, 02:07:47 PM »
If someone tests positive for antibodies, after how much time is it recommended to retest? We are making a family simcha soon and are requiring those coming who haven't been fully vaccinated and don't have recent antibodies to take a PCR test before coming. The issue is where to draw the cutoff line.

It's clear that the person who tested positive for antibodies 3 weeks ago is fine, but what about someone who was tested on Chanuka or Sukkos or last summer? And does it make a difference whether they were actually symptomatic and tested positive for COVID? I tried Google but couldn't fine any clear guidance on this topic. @biobook
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:13:38 PM by Traveler718 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »
If someone tests positive for antibodies, after how much time is it recommended to retest? We are making a family simcha soon and are requiring those coming who haven't been fully vaccinated and don't have recent antibodies to take a PCR test before coming. The issue is where to draw the cutoff line.

It's clear that the person who tested positive for antibodies 3 weeks ago is fine, but what about someone who was tested on Chanuka or Sukkos or last summer? And does it make a difference whether they were actually symptomatic and tested positive for COVID? I tried Google but couldn't fine any clear guidance on this topic. @biobook
In Israel they're valid for 6 months.