Author Topic: Dropping Antibody Levels  (Read 59823 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Antibody Levels
« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2021, 12:59:40 AM »
There appear to be 2 versions of the test, the newer one with an S at the end, which Roche explicitly calls quantitative. I think I was given the fact sheet for the former, but as I said before, if your result has a number, stands to reason it's quantitative.

I don’t think so. The number might for instance indicate how certain the test is that you have antibodies, but that doesn’t mean that a 4 on the result means you have 4x the antibodies that someone who gets a 1 has.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 09, 2021, 01:16:51 AM »
The number is not indicative of how much antibody is present, see this PDF (quote is from right column on page 4)

The magnitude of the measured result above the cutoff is not indicative of the total amount of antibody present in the sample.

The individual immune response following SARS‐CoV‐2 infection varies considerably and might give different results with assays from different manufacturers. Results of assays from different manufacturers should not be used interchangeably.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2021, 06:42:46 AM »
The number is not indicative of how much antibody is present, see this PDF (quote is from right column on page 4)

All that quote is saying is that you can't compare the number from one type of test to another. But within the same test the number is definitely indicative.

Ao unlike Cholesterol, A1c, and other common standardized test, COVID-19 tests don't have a standard. But each test has its own range to which it can be compared, and as such is quantitative.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 09, 2021, 10:06:38 AM »
All that quote is saying is that you can't compare the number from one type of test to another. But within the same test the number is definitely indicative.

Ao unlike Cholesterol, A1c, and other common standardized test, COVID-19 tests don't have a standard. But each test has its own range to which it can be compared, and as such is quantitative.
+1. And here's some proof. The EUA for plasma from the FDA has a table showing what value qualifies as being high-titer for various tests (to be eligible for plasma donation). It has values for both Roche tests.

https://www.fda.gov/media/141477/download

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 09, 2021, 12:32:54 PM »

+1. And here's some proof. The EUA for plasma from the FDA has a table showing what value qualifies as being high-titer for various tests (to be eligible for plasma donation). It has values for both Roche tests.

https://www.fda.gov/media/141477/download

Thanks. Very valuable link and I stand corrected. The chart is valuable in that it gives some frame of reference for comparing the ratios between tests, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the quantification is always proportionate. Are any of the tests in the chart the LabCorp test Dan swears by?

While researching this I read about how some blood tests (wasn’t specifically about this one) are semi-quantitative in that they offer an approximation, maybe that’s the case here.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2021, 12:52:33 PM »

Thanks. Very valuable link and I stand corrected. The chart is valuable in that it gives some frame of reference for comparing the ratios between tests, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the quantification is always proportionate. Are any of the tests in the chart the LabCorp test Dan swears by?

While researching this I read about how some blood tests (wasn’t specifically about this one) are semi-quantitative in that they offer an approximation, maybe that’s the case here.
Agreed about proportionality. Dan's is the Elecsys 'S' version I mentioned before (see footnote https://files.labcorp.com/labcorp-d8/2020-12/L23586-1220-2_nex.pdf), and it says explicitly that it's semi-quantitative (https://www.labcorp.com/tests/164090/sars-cov-2-semi-quantitative-total-antibody-spike).

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-adaptive-biotechnologies-t-detect-covid-test

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for the T-Detect COVID Test developed by Adaptive Biotechnologies. The T-Detect COVID Test is a next generation sequencing based (NGS) test to aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive T cell immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating recent or prior infection with SARS-CoV-2.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2021, 04:31:09 PM »
My test gave me a number and still said that it's qualitative.

DiaSorin LIAISON SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG qualitative enzyme immunoassay.

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2021, 04:47:54 PM »
Are there certain antibodies test that can pick up immunity from the vaccine. On some of the labCorp tests it specifically says that it cannot detect antibodies caused by the vaccine.

Then there’s this one, which is not publicly available yet https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/news/labcorp-launches-quantitative-antibody-test-assess-effectiveness-covid-19-vaccines-clinical-trials

Trying to help someone who tested negative for antibodies two weeks after the second dose. Not sure which test they took in Canada.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2021, 05:02:51 PM »
Are there certain antibodies test that can pick up immunity from the vaccine. On some of the labCorp tests it specifically says that it cannot detect antibodies caused by the vaccine.

Then there’s this one, which is not publicly available yet https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/news/labcorp-launches-quantitative-antibody-test-assess-effectiveness-covid-19-vaccines-clinical-trials

Trying to help someone who tested negative for antibodies two weeks after the second dose. Not sure which test they took in Canada.
The Labcorp Roche quant picks up vaccine immunity.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »

Most tests are designed to detect natural immunity (antibodies from an infection).

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #372 on: March 15, 2021, 09:23:37 AM »
Well. In June I got a "positive" antibody test (no numeric value). In October my antibody level on a test that gives a numeric reading were just below the threshold to be considered positive.

On 1/28 I got a low antibody reading on an Ortho VITOS SARS- CoVID-2 IgG kit

On 2/17 I got my first dose of Moderna vaccine.

On 2/21 I got a 6.9 Negative IGG where reference is < 9.0 (I was told that that test only detects/tests for naturally occurring antibodies, not those that show up as a result of a vaccine).

On 2/23 I got a 7763 IgG reading (results took almost 72 hours to come) where reference is 51-150 to be considered positive for someone previously recovered or vaccinated or over 150 to be considered positive without prior documented recovery or vaccination.

On 2/25 I got a 4810 reading (in about 6 hours) on a test where reference is > 15 to be considered positive.

On 3/14 got antibody test at NYC HHC results 23.03 where reference is > 0.99
-- Dan

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #373 on: March 15, 2021, 10:18:15 AM »
You're testing for fun?

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 15, 2021, 10:19:11 AM »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 15, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
You're testing for fun?

The fun of exposing the medical professionals/bureaucracy for what they are.

Mabye @biobook can answer this: How in the world do they know the efficacy of the vaccine? Why would one need 2 doses when antibodies are high after 1 dose?

-- Dan

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 15, 2021, 02:13:58 PM »

Family member did a quest antibody test 11 days after receiving the J&J shot and tested negative, then tested positive on the same test a week later.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 15, 2021, 02:22:06 PM »
The fun of exposing the medical professionals/bureaucracy for what they are.

Mabye @biobook can answer this: How in the world do they know the efficacy of the vaccine? Why would one need 2 doses when antibodies are high after 1 dose?

The literature that publishes clinical trial efficacy explains that. You might need background in biology/medicine/statistics to fully understand what you’re reading.

The 2nd dose in general is to boost antibodies, but FWIU it also affects immunity in the longer term. That second part (long term immunity) is more relevant to those who recovered from COVID.

Medical bureaucracy offers guidance based on what is known, and we don’t have all the data yet. What we do know is that there are known concerns with regards to waiting for another dose could be problematic. How those will play out in the longer term with regards to COVID-vaccination is up in the air both regarding immunity data and the trajectory of the pandemic.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
On 3/14 got antibody test at NYC HHC results 23.03 where reference is > 0.99

That actually sounds low considering (IINM) the PDF shared upthread that offered a threshold for what’s considered high antibodies had 109 as the threshold for this test.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2021, 02:45:28 PM »
That actually sounds low considering (IINM) the PDF shared upthread that offered a threshold for what’s considered high antibodies had 109 as the threshold for this test.

Based on that, I would be considered high and eligible for plasma donation

At what point was your result 109? How long after your recovered? Did you have any severe (or mildly severe) symptoms? [my symptoms last year were diarrhea for about two days, low grade fever for one day, loss of appetite and overall weakness (the latter two symptoms bringing about a nice ~20lbs drop in body weight, which was unfortunately since regained). I didn't lose taste or smell (though I disliked seltzer for a couple of weeks), nor did I have any difficulty breathing or coughing.]
-- Dan