Author Topic: When/Where/How Do You Think You Got COVID-19?  (Read 5418 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: When/Where/How Do You Think You Got COVID-19?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
And then it depends on all sorts of things like air circulation and exactly how close they were to each other as well as the size of the viral load being expelled when breathing which can vary greatly depending on where the virus is hanging out.

More than anything, it depends on the one who designed and controls everything.

I'm not saying that this is the reason for this, but this entire experience should bring humility to scientists that think they have or can find the answers to everything.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 03:27:14 PM »

I'm not saying that this is the reason for this, but this entire experience should bring humility to all of us that think they have or can find the answers to everything.
FTFY
+1000
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »
Italy, end of jan or UK in feb
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 03:28:40 PM »
Italy end of jan then brought it to UK in feb
FTFY

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

I'm not saying that this is the reason for this, but this entire experience should bring humility to scientists that think they have or can find the answers to everything.
absolutely and obviously, but we have an obligation to take care of ourselves based on what is understood by science. Therefore this science is not simply something to hock about but the basis of our chiyuvim of vinishmartem meod linafshoseichem. For that we are obliged to use the purely scientific understanding to the best of our ability.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 10:37:14 PM »
absolutely and obviously, but we have an obligation to take care of ourselves based on what is understood by science. Therefore this science is not simply something to hock about but the basis of our chiyuvim of vinishmartem meod linafshoseichem. For that we are obliged to use the purely scientific understanding to the best of our ability.

Of course.

הכל בידי שמים חוץ מצנים ופחים does not mean that contagious diseases are an area Hashem doesn’t control.

It’s like בחירה and ידיעה not being mutually exclusive.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2020, 11:26:24 PM »
Of course.

הכל בידי שמים חוץ מצנים ופחים does not mean that contagious diseases are an area Hashem doesn’t control.

It’s like בחירה and ידיעה not being mutually exclusive.
Correct, but the emuna and bitachon involved are totally separate from the analysis of the facts.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2020, 11:28:51 PM »
Correct, but the emuna and bitachon involved are totally separate from the analysis of the facts.

100%, it’s been scary to watch people conflate the two.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: So How Was Your Shul This Week?
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2020, 09:52:33 PM »
Absolutely. Doctors all said no chance it was Corona, but it was. And that was gifted to me in NYC on 2/17.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know that u got it then? Maybe you had it another time and were asymptomatic? I know numerous people that were there and had no problems. Doesn't really make sense that you and 2 ddfers got it there and nobody else...

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Re: Re: So How Was Your Shul This Week?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2020, 09:56:03 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how do you know that u got it then? Maybe you had it another time and were asymptomatic? I know numerous people that were there and had no problems. Doesn't really make sense that you and 2 ddfers got it there and nobody else...
?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 09:59:05 PM »
How do you know they weren't asymptomatic?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »
I didn't say I got it at KWFE. I flew CLE-NYC with a friend on 2/17, we went to the Ohel, CH, KWFE, and the Plaza hotel.
It was 22 Shvat at the Ohel and it was packed with people from around the world.
I spent several hours later that day shmoozing with someone from Milan at KWFE, where it had already silently spread.

My friend and I both got sick the next week. I was achy and had a 102 fever and aches for 3 days, which was longer than I could recall being sick before. Nobody else around us got sick.

@PlatinumGuy was with us at KWFE and also got sick the next week.

I had another short flare-up in mid-March, but tested negative on a COVID PCR the next day.

Months later we learned we both had antibodies, but nobody else around us had antibodies or got sick and there was very few COVID cases in CLE in general and specifically in CLE's Jewish community.

I'd say the odds that we got it in NYC exceed 95%.

Who in the world said nobody else got it at KWFE? The conjecture you come up with is astounding.
Everyone at that point assumed it was the flu, but it was obviously being transmitted asymptomatically and symptomatically. It takes weeks if not months for it to keep doubling until the numbers get massive and people realize there's a major problem.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:06:42 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 10:08:35 PM »
I didn't say I got it at KWFE. I flew CLE-NYC with a friend on 2/17, we went to the Ohel, CH, KWFE, and the Plaza hotel.
It was 22 Shvat at the Ohel and it was packed with people from around the world.
I spent several hours later that day shmoozing with someone from Milan at KWFE, where it had already silently spread.

My friend and I both got sick the next week. I was achy and had a 102 fever and aches for 3 days, which was longer than I could recall being sick before. Nobody else around us got sick.

I had another short flare-up in mid-March, but tested negative on a COVID PCR the next day.

Months later we learned we both had antibodies, but nobody else around us had antibodies or got sick and there was very few COVID cases in CLE in general and specifically in CLE's Jewish community.

Who in the world said nobody else got it at KWFE? The conjecture you come up with is astounding.
Everyone at that point assumed it was the flu, but it was obviously being transmitted asymptomatically and symptomatically. It takes weeks if not months for it to keep doubling until the numbers get massive and people realize there's a major problem.
Ok, I definitely hear that. Being that you were flying, traveling, and schmoozing with lots of people I just found it hard to make sense of pinpointing it to one specific incident. But It definitely makes sense it was trickling in February but that it was out in the masses at that point doesn't make sense

Online aygart

• View Profile
Re: So How Was Your Shul This Week?
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »

Because the people he discussed it with did not have symptoms as far as he recalls so it must be that you didn't get it then and therefore got it without symptoms. It can't be that they got it then and didn't have symptoms because that wouldn't fit his narrative.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 10:10:00 PM »
Ok, I definitely hear that. Being that you were flying, traveling, and schmoozing with lots of people I just found it hard to make sense of pinpointing it to one specific incident. But It definitely makes sense it was trickling in February but that it was out in the masses at that point doesn't make sense
What is the difference between trickling and out in the masses?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
Considering that I shook countless hands and took endless selfies at KWFE and had long conversations for the bulk of the day (2pm-10:30pm), I'd be shocked if that wasn't where I picked it up. But yes, it certainly could have been at any point on 2/17.

Also worth noting that my friend and I sat separately on the outbound flight to NYC as I got upgraded and we flew on separate flights home.

We have no idea if it was out in the masses yet or how many were infected at that point. KWFE attracts a younger crowd overall, so it's not surprising that people didn't start dropping dead the week after KWFE. Most probably had nothing or thought they had the flu like we did, but then they passed it on...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:19:20 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 10:33:18 PM »
Because of the timing, it's probably easier for me to pinpoint this than it is for 99% of people.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile