Poll

For those in the income-earning stage of life (and excluding rising value in investments and home):

I/we purposely allocate a meaningful portion of my income to saving for the future (>5% of income)
34 (68%)
I/we save minimally (e.g. minimal 401K contribution to get match, or portion of tax refund) (<5% of income)
3 (6%)
I/we spend about what I earn each year, without consistently growing/reducing my savings/debt
11 (22%)
I/we rely on at least some debt (home equity, other financing, savings, gains on investments, gemach’s, credit cards, other) to cover my (family's) annual expenses.
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: POLL: Living (1) below your means (2) above your means or (3) near income level?  (Read 5867 times)

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
+1, though in the good old days people did churn for a living.
Oh ye! The 100K PP $3K spend with downgrading times! Wow was that fun!! Did like 5 a month!

Offline David61

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Given that this is a deal's based website I would assume the poll would lean heavily towards savings

You may be correct, or perhaps it's just a response bias (though I tried to word this neutrally).

I doubt the poll results is representative of the broader frum community (and not it's even sure if it's representative of the DDF community).

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
You may be correct, or perhaps it's just a response bias (though I tried to word this neutrally).

I doubt the poll results is representative of the broader frum community (and not it's even sure if it's representative of the DDF community).
There also can be people fooling themselves
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
There also can be people fooling themselves
In what sense?