Author Topic: What is your favorite Biden gaffe?  (Read 83594 times)

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite Biden gaffe?
« Reply #460 on: July 10, 2022, 08:46:50 PM »
While campaigning against Trump, Biden once said "I am a gaffe machine, but my Gd what a wonderful thing compared to a guy who can't tell the truth." 

The gaffes Biden was known for are nothing at all like the stuff he does these days.

In the past he would say stuff that he shouldn't have (like "you can't walk into a 7-11 unless you have an Indian accent")

Now he is not talking coherently and is clearly losing it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 08:52:52 PM by zh cohen »

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2022, 08:54:43 PM »
Won't answer that, since I consider all perspectives, rather than relying on labels.
But I will say that I could not, would not, did not vote for Trump.
and how about Biden?
["-"]

Offline imayid2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2022, 11:47:29 PM »

Your quoting an article from 2020. Find something from earlier please.
Here is an interview with him discussing his stutter from 1994.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5002300/user-clip-joe-biden-talks-stutter#

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 11, 2022, 01:00:28 AM »
His lips move more than once, and if you listen for "Lemmepeat" I think you'll hear that too.  Besides, a script writer wouldn't insert "Repeat the line" in a teleprompter; they'd simply write the sentence a second time.
I concur with this, there is definitely a syllable being swallowed there. He does have a proven stutter issue, and stuttering issues are exasperated by all sorts of thing. Some fatigue due to his age, and overall pressure of being President is a decent excuse for some relapses of a very real handicap which he has to constantly work on. I don't think it's fair game, and it's a distraction from the reprehensible things he is actually saying.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 01:24:35 AM by imayid2 »

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2022, 11:37:50 AM »
Here is an interview with him discussing his stutter from 1994.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5002300/user-clip-joe-biden-talks-stutter#
In most of the interview he describes his stutter as if it's entirely in the past, but then at 04:00 "...that always reinforced those s-pr-p-p-parts..." and he smiles and continues, because he realizes he's doing it but it no longer makes him anxious.  He continues "....to give you the confidence to try to overcome a prolem. Now, my prolem..." both times pronouncing "problem" without the b. 

So even 28 years ago one could select a 30 second clip that shows him stuttering or not clearly articulating every letter.  While we don't usually notice his impairment, the stutterer who wrote that article can say "I see what you're doing there!" that is, the pauses, staring, touching cheeks, etc. are techniques Biden uses to control the stutter. Biden has admitted that when he's tired or under pressure the stutter reappears.

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2022, 12:54:26 PM »
In most of the interview he describes his stutter as if it's entirely in the past, but then at 04:00 "...that always reinforced those s-pr-p-p-parts..." and he smiles and continues, because he realizes he's doing it but it no longer makes him anxious.  He continues "....to give you the confidence to try to overcome a prolem. Now, my prolem..." both times pronouncing "problem" without the b. 

So even 28 years ago one could select a 30 second clip that shows him stuttering or not clearly articulating every letter.  While we don't usually notice his impairment, the stutterer who wrote that article can say "I see what you're doing there!" that is, the pauses, staring, touching cheeks, etc. are techniques Biden uses to control the stutter. Biden has admitted that when he's tired or under pressure the stutter reappears.
I just watched a video of Pedo Peter from the 90s speaking in congress without a teleprompter.

If your telling me that there's no difference to the way he speaks now, than there's no point in having this conversation anymore bc we clearly aren't in the same reality.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2022, 01:21:04 PM »
Channel 2 News: "Biden has expressed his disproval regarding the recent change in Prime Ministers in Israel... he was hoping to meet Bennet... and have another good nap."

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #469 on: July 11, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »
I just watched a video of Pedo Peter from the 90s speaking in congress without a teleprompter.

If your telling me that there's no difference to the way he speaks now, than there's no point in having this conversation anymore bc we clearly aren't in the same reality.

How do people keep up with these names? I genuinely would have no idea who Pedo Peter is other than the context telling me it must be Biden.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2022, 04:16:06 PM »
How do people keep up with these names?

4chan claims to have hacked Hunters icloud account. There was a contact saved with this name, and people are deciding that it is Joe's number based on the group conversations it was in.

I think it is very stupid of people to take anything from that "discovery" at face value.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2022, 04:37:41 PM »

The point is that there is a clear distinction between an obvious stuttering problem, which once better controlled, is still a far cry from the "cognitive decline" this particular case is being made out to be.

Offline Sam 77

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »
OOPS! Biden botches Parkland shooting date during gun control speech: Joe Biden says the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School happened in "1918", when in reality it took place in 2018.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2022, 05:27:34 PM »
OOPS! Biden botches Parkland shooting date during gun control speech: Joe Biden says the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School happened in "1918", when in reality it took place in 2018.

C’mon man, you’re old, but not that old…
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2022, 12:27:21 AM »

Now he is not talking coherently and is clearly losing it.

There are 3 things going on in this thread: Stuttering, aging, manipulated videos.

1. STUTTER - Biden's speech includes stutters and unclear articulation, and has for many years. Some videos show just those few minutes where Biden stumbles over words, ignoring what might be an hour of clear speech.  Poking fun at someone's disability isn't the kind of humor I appreciate, but I realize others find it funny, and if that were the only thing going on, I wouldn't have said anything.

2. AGING - Biden is close to 80. As we get older, our speech tends to slow down and become less clearly articulated, in part because the muscles of speech - like all muscles - become weaker.  His speech in his youthful senate speeches is stronger and more fluid than today. You'd probably hear something similar if you compare old vs young recordings of your favorite elderly grandparent, neighbor, or rav.  These changes are normal, and not indicative of cognitive decline.

A couple of the videos seem to show much slower and even unemotional speech, which raises two questions:  Are other medical factors involved, such as a ministroke or a fall or side effects of medication or loss of sleep or beginnings of some disease like Parkinson's?  And if so, are these deficits in speech only, as sometimes happens, or are there cognitive deficits as well? 

I agree that there's reason for concern, but I'm certain that speech pathologists and neurologists would not spend years in training if these conditions could be diagnosed by watching a 30 second clip.  I would welcome an analysis of his cognitive function by experts who actually examine him and analyze his speech throughout the day, but it's pointless to rely only on the videos presented here.

3. MANIPULATED VIDEOS. THIS is what bothers me. For the past 2 years, this thread has been filled with videos that have been deceptively edited in order to make Biden look stupid.  If he is so naturally inept, why is it necessary to resort to manufactured gaffes?   The answer is obvious - The perpetrators want to convince everyone that Biden is a bumbling idiot, so they bring false "evidence" that they know their audience will not bother to examine critically.  Why do fall for it?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2022, 08:33:46 AM »

Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2022, 08:56:04 AM »
There are 3 things going on in this thread: Stuttering, aging, manipulated videos.

1. STUTTER - Biden's speech includes stutters and unclear articulation, and has for many years. Some videos show just those few minutes where Biden stumbles over words, ignoring what might be an hour of clear speech.  Poking fun at someone's disability isn't the kind of humor I appreciate, but I realize others find it funny, and if that were the only thing going on, I wouldn't have said anything.

2. AGING - Biden is close to 80. As we get older, our speech tends to slow down and become less clearly articulated, in part because the muscles of speech - like all muscles - become weaker.  His speech in his youthful senate speeches is stronger and more fluid than today. You'd probably hear something similar if you compare old vs young recordings of your favorite elderly grandparent, neighbor, or rav.  These changes are normal, and not indicative of cognitive decline.

A couple of the videos seem to show much slower and even unemotional speech, which raises two questions:  Are other medical factors involved, such as a ministroke or a fall or side effects of medication or loss of sleep or beginnings of some disease like Parkinson's?  And if so, are these deficits in speech only, as sometimes happens, or are there cognitive deficits as well? 

I agree that there's reason for concern, but I'm certain that speech pathologists and neurologists would not spend years in training if these conditions could be diagnosed by watching a 30 second clip.  I would welcome an analysis of his cognitive function by experts who actually examine him and analyze his speech throughout the day, but it's pointless to rely only on the videos presented here.

3. MANIPULATED VIDEOS. THIS is what bothers me. For the past 2 years, this thread has been filled with videos that have been deceptively edited in order to make Biden look stupid.  If he is so naturally inept, why is it necessary to resort to manufactured gaffes?   The answer is obvious - The perpetrators want to convince everyone that Biden is a bumbling idiot, so they bring false "evidence" that they know their audience will not bother to examine critically.  Why do fall for it?

Agree about #3. Regarding the other 2 - based on the idiotic things he says and does without any impairment, cognitive decline is probably his most redeeming characteristic.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2022, 03:38:27 PM »

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2022, 04:23:59 PM »
Do we put Jill biden gaffes in this thread also or does she deserve her own thread?

Offline WonderingYid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 12, 2022, 11:16:37 PM »
Do we put Jill biden gaffes in this thread also or does she deserve her own thread?
Who's that?