Author Topic: Heroes Blog Here!  (Read 6299 times)

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes Blog Here!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 04:29:05 PM »
As time passes, I am only getting more and more impressed by the selflessness and dedication of @cgr . She has started numerous threads about all sorts of financial aid for struggling people, aside from her website which contains an encyclopedia of information.

Here are just some of the threads she started over the last four months:
Fee Waivers due to Coronavirus
Coronavirus Stimulus Aid Package
Residential Mortgages
Compassionate Helper Volunteer Program- NY
NY Rent Relief
Heath Insurance Premium Credits
IRS Tax Credits Available for Business (FFCRA and ERTC)
New York Forward Loan Fund
NJ Rent Assistance Program
NJ Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program
Main Street Lending Program
NY Rent Assistance Program
NJ Commercial Rent Relief

But most impressive is how she responds to every question, often for the fifth or sixth time, with endless patients and clarity. So many people are lost when it comes to these matters, and they cannot afford to hire accountants or lawyers, but they are helped through the work of @cgr . Her website has no advertisers, and she doesn't charge a penny for her services here on DDF.

Some people get involved in activism because it brings them attention, but this forum is anonymous. Some get involved because it's easy and exciting, but they get burned out when it drags on too long. It has been four months already, and she doesn't stop answering each question, often doing research in order to do so.

Here's just a simple post from today - the 2,544th post on a thread almost completely moderated by her - that gives a glimpse into the type of work she has done for others.

I'm jealous of your Olam Habah, @cgr .
+1mm
Also note, most ppl use PM’s for these things, so this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2020, 01:24:14 AM »
Anyone who benefited should take the time to donate to her.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 10:27:42 PM »
The age of Corona has given rise to a new generation of heroes. Healthcare workers have been granted the title, along with many others whose dormant selflessness has come to the surface under the unique set of circumstances we are now living with.

Upon reflection, I have come to realize that there have been so many here, on DDF, who have earned that distinction as well. Members of the DDF community who have answered the call and have become heroes in their own right, even from the safety of their home computers. I believe that many of them deserve to be recognized for their valor, beyond the simple gesture of hitting the like button.

That is the purpose of this thread. Here, members can nominate others as heroes. No, their payout won't be any greater than when they accrued likes. But garnering special mention is the least we can do for the heroes among us.

I would like to begin by nominating three heroes who come to mind:

@cgr has turned the unemployment help thread into a full-blown accounting office, answering all sorts of questions day and night for free.
@Iz and his team at the Coronavirus matching campaign thread, who have pulled in thousands of dollars for almanos and yesomim with their generosity and goodwill.

@Yehudaa has uploaded tens of documents of divrei Torah each Friday, so that DDFers can print and read over Shabbos.

Who are your heroes?
@YitzyS  Mishpacha is looking for heroes.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 09:46:27 PM »
I don't know if it's time yet to highlight this activity, as heralding heroes usually happens in hindsight and this is still ongoing, but...

Check out this thread. A DDFer needed assistance, and another went into full action mode to help. Dan, in middle of a nightmare trip, popped in to offer his own advice as well.

No need for me to talk any more. Just click the thread and read it yourself.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 09:41:34 PM »

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 02:31:30 AM »
As time passes, I am only getting more and more impressed by the selflessness and dedication of @cgr .

But most impressive is how she responds to every question, often for the fifth or sixth time, with endless patients and clarity.
@cgr appears to be on vacation but she never takes a vacation from helping people