Topic Wiki

https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/pay-yourself-back

Sapphire Reserve
With the Pay Yourself Back tool, your Ultimate Rewards points are worth 50% more when you redeem them for statement credits against purchases in our current categories: grocery stores, dining (including restaurants, takeout, and eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Just choose an eligible purchase you made in the past 90 days, apply points for all or part of the purchase, and youíll get a statement credit. Take advantage of this promotion through September 30, 2020.

Sapphire Preferred
With the Pay Yourself Back tool, your Ultimate Rewards points are worth 25% more when you redeem them for statement credits against purchases in our current categories: grocery stores, dining (including restaurants, takeout, and eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Just choose an eligible purchase you made in the past 90 days, apply points for all or part of the purchase, and youíll get a statement credit. Take advantage of this promotion through September 30, 2020.

--

Ultimate Rewards points may be redeemed for a statement credit to Pay Yourself Back for purchases made at select merchants within the 90 days before the redemption request date.
Currently, only purchases made with your Chase card with Ultimate Rewards at restaurants and grocery stores (including takeout & eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores will qualify. For information about Chase rewards categories and an example of eligible merchants, please see our FAQs.
Categories, eligible merchants, and purchase transaction eligibility may change from time to time without notice.
Redemptions require a minimum of 1 point.
Each point you redeem for a statement credit towards eligible Pay Yourself Back purchases is worth $0.015, which means that 100 points equals $1.50 in redemption value. Chase has the right to change redemption values at any time.
Statement credits will post to the card account within 3 business days of a request to redeem and will appear on the monthly Chase credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles.
Statement credits will reduce your balance but you are still required to make at least your minimum payment. Chase reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify for a statement credit.
Even though a merchant or some of the items that it sells may appear to fit within a rewards category, the merchant may not have a merchant code in that category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant won't qualify for rewards offers on purchases in that category

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-reserve-benefits
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-benefits
\
F&Q https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/faq?topic=4700000

« Last edited by Joel2 on May 31, 2020, 08:19:03 AM »

Author Topic: Chase added benefits! Redeem points @1.5  (Read 5624 times)

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase added benefits! Redeem points @1.5
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 04:10:53 PM »
Is it frowned upon to upgrade and take advantage of the $300 credit and the 1.5% redemption and then downgrade not long after??

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »
Is it frowned upon to upgrade and take advantage of the $300 credit and the 1.5% redemption and then downgrade not long after??
Believe so
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 06:06:23 PM »
I was under the assumption that you can product change as often as you want. I guess you always have to think about the risk of Chase AA.
See this comment and Danís response.
https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/chase-ink-preferreds-mega-80000-point-signup-bonus-versatility-apply-card-today/#comment-1431649
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:48:10 PM by ROYA »

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »
I was under the assumption that you can product change as often as you want. I guess you always have to think about the risk of Chase AA.
https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/chase-ink-preferreds-mega-80000-point-signup-bonus-versatility-apply-card-today/#comment-1431649
He is not referring to the risk that you are asking about.

@Dan can you clarify whether there is a risk to upgrade to csr, use all the benefits, and then downgrade soon after to get back all/most of the annual fee thar support those benefits.

The answer seems obvious to me...
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 07:09:33 PM »
He is not referring to the risk that you are asking about.

@Dan can you clarify whether there is a risk to upgrade to csr, use all the benefits, and then downgrade soon after to get back all/most of the annual fee thar support those benefits.

The answer seems obvious to me...
I haven't heard of that being an A/A trigger, but anything is possible.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »
It seems that restaurants are the big winner as you can get 4.5% back. For groceries I would say the Amex Blue Cash Preferred or a rotating 5% card is best option. The $300 travel credit being used for groceries is great although most people can use it either way, this just makes it easier.

Now this can get interesting for someone who spent on groceries with a freedom and wants to upgrade to take advantage as Dan pointed out in his post that this can be done. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH OF THE ANNUAL FEE WILL BE CHARGED AND IF YOU CAN UPGRADE AND DOWNGRADE ON THE SAME DAY?
Correction: I forgot that you earn 5 points per dollar at supermarkets on the reserve for May and June :) Makes all supermarket purchases 7.5% cash back. Will be using my reserve for supermarket purchases through the end of June.
I haven't heard of that being an A/A trigger, but anything is possible.
I have a relative who will have two freedom cards with maxed out 5% earnings on supermarkets I'm debating if should take the risk..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:46:33 PM by ROYA »

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2020, 08:03:57 PM »
PGFHGS
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2020, 08:49:36 PM »
PGFHGS
Agreed. Won't be doing it. Not worth the risk.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline haltkup

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2020, 11:17:12 PM »
Took advantage in May purchased $1500 VGC at s&s got 5% and 3x on gas  paid by redeeming 100k I look at it as 7.5% return +free gas
Plan on doing it one more time in June

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2020, 12:03:13 AM »

Don't forget your account needs to be open at least a year before making any changes, once you hit that mark you can change as much as you piss Chase off.

And I personally hate the usage "Chase AA" as AA is commonly referred to so many other things. They should be unique like PGFHGS. Maybe CCHGS?

Took advantage in May purchased $1500 VGC at s&s got 5% and 3x on gas  paid by redeeming 100k I look at it as 7.5% return +free gas
Plan on doing it one more time in June
How can your redemption be a 7.5% return?

Offline haltkup

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2020, 12:10:17 AM »
And I personally hate the usage "Chase AA" as AA is commonly referred to so many other things. They should be unique like PGFHGS. Maybe CCHGS?
How can your redemption be a 7.5% return?
[/quote]
only $1500 is at 7.5% (1500 *5%with 50% bonus on redemption) I was going to redeem anyway for 1.5 points and getting it in VGC this month had the added bonus of free gas, 5%, and the opportunity to use it anywhere

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:21 AM »
Friend was told 550. He was also able to redeem prior purchases almost instantaneously.

I SMed and they also said 550. I replied by asking whether that would still be the case if I upgraded in July and am waiting for a response.
"The annual fee increase from $450.00 to $550.00 for existing Chase Sapphire Reserve customers has been postponed until 2021. Customers who product change​ to Sapphire Reserve credit card will be charged a $550.00 annual fee ."
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2020, 09:27:40 AM »
I was going to modify my post to say A/A but it doesn't allow me to do that anymore. It stands for Adverse Action. See the link below for a list of acronyms that you can use when having trouble figuring one out.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10531.0
only $1500 is at 7.5% (1500 *5%with 50% bonus on redemption) I was going to redeem anyway for 1.5 points and getting it in VGC this month had the added bonus of free gas, 5%, and the opportunity to use it anywhere
Not sure why that makes it free gas. Points are worth $. You used points for the gas.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:34:01 AM by ROYA »

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2020, 10:10:45 AM »
...Not sure why that makes it free gas. Points are worth $. You used points for the gas.
By using S&S/Fuel Rewards reward points for gas which he received by using the Chase card at the store.