Topic Wiki

https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/pay-yourself-back

Sapphire Reserve
With the Pay Yourself Back tool, your Ultimate Rewards points are worth 50% more when you redeem them for statement credits against purchases in our current categories: grocery stores, dining (including restaurants, takeout, and eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Just choose an eligible purchase you made in the past 90 days, apply points for all or part of the purchase, and you’ll get a statement credit. Take advantage of this promotion through September 30, 2020.

Sapphire Preferred
With the Pay Yourself Back tool, your Ultimate Rewards points are worth 25% more when you redeem them for statement credits against purchases in our current categories: grocery stores, dining (including restaurants, takeout, and eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Just choose an eligible purchase you made in the past 90 days, apply points for all or part of the purchase, and you’ll get a statement credit. Take advantage of this promotion through September 30, 2020.

--

Ultimate Rewards points may be redeemed for a statement credit to Pay Yourself Back for purchases made at select merchants within the 90 days before the redemption request date.
Currently, only purchases made with your Chase card with Ultimate Rewards at restaurants and grocery stores (including takeout & eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores will qualify. For information about Chase rewards categories and an example of eligible merchants, please see our FAQs.
Categories, eligible merchants, and purchase transaction eligibility may change from time to time without notice.
Redemptions require a minimum of 1 point.
Each point you redeem for a statement credit towards eligible Pay Yourself Back purchases is worth $0.015, which means that 100 points equals $1.50 in redemption value. Chase has the right to change redemption values at any time.
Statement credits will post to the card account within 3 business days of a request to redeem and will appear on the monthly Chase credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles.
Statement credits will reduce your balance but you are still required to make at least your minimum payment. Chase reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify for a statement credit.
Even though a merchant or some of the items that it sells may appear to fit within a rewards category, the merchant may not have a merchant code in that category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant won't qualify for rewards offers on purchases in that category

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-reserve-benefits
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-benefits
\
F&Q https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/faq?topic=4700000

« Last edited by Joel on May 31, 2020, 08:19:03 AM »

Author Topic: Chase added benefits! Redeem points @1.5  (Read 29816 times)

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Chase added benefits! Redeem points @1.5
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2020, 12:04:48 AM »
I upgraded my freedom to csr before I used up all of the 2Q grocery spend and I ended up receiving 9x on grocery for spend made on the csr...
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2020, 05:57:22 PM »
If after redemption i have a credit balance, how d i request a check?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2020, 06:02:10 PM »
PUTPAC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »
I requested a transfer to my checking account via sm

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2020, 07:04:43 PM »
Ok
Thanks all for ur responses

Offline Onefishtwofish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2020, 07:42:41 AM »
Which stores in crown heights code for this besides empire kosher.
I'm ready to stock up on gift cards.

Offline yaakovely

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2020, 11:04:47 PM »
DP, a recent purchase at my local Walmart showed up as a grocery purchase. I purchased some grocery items but most of it was non grocery. Anyone else seeing this

Offline Malachi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2020, 02:44:36 PM »
Not sure if right thread, but I upgraded to Reserve to get the 1.5, I added my wife's points to maximize the promo. However when I tried to add another family member's points I got an error message. When I called into chase they said I can only transfer one family member's points. We all have same last name and have the same exact address. Is there a workaround?
Denny Crane

Offline nafnaf12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2020, 02:45:38 PM »
Not sure if right thread, but I upgraded to Reserve to get the 1.5, I added my wife's points to maximize the promo. However when I tried to add another family member's points I got an error message. When I called into chase they said I can only transfer one family member's points. We all have same last name and have the same exact address. Is there a workaround?
have to delink and wait 24hrs
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »
have to delink and wait 24hrs
I dont have cards to unlink as I have no points to combine and it is still not working..
Denny Crane

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »
I dont have cards to unlink as I have no points to combine and it is still not working..
Didnt you say you linked your wife's card?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2020, 08:23:44 AM »
Didnt you say you linked your wife's card?
yes but since I transferred all her points, when I go to combine points I just get the message - you don’t have any points to combine and I therefore can’t delink the card.
Denny Crane

Offline nafnaf12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2020, 08:29:29 AM »
yes but since I transferred all her points, when I go to combine points I just get the message - you don’t have any points to combine and I therefore can’t delink the card.
then you have to send in some points to be able and delink or use the card and wait for points to post
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2020, 11:05:11 AM »
I'm planning to upgrade a Freedom card to CSR so that I can PYB several grocery charges in April. But I already have a CSR. Will the system allow me to hold two CSR's at once, or will I have to downgrade the other CSR at the same time?

I'm on the fence right now about whether to keep the new CSR permanently and downgrade the old CSR to Freedom or to do what I need with the new CSR (maybe use the $300 travel/grocery credit and $60 Doordash credit) and then downgrade it back to Freedom (and get back most or all of the annual fee). Does Chase frown on either of these?

Any recent data points on $450 vs. $550 for PC's?

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2020, 11:24:41 AM »
I'm planning to upgrade a Freedom card to CSR so that I can PYB several grocery charges in April. But I already have a CSR. Will the system allow me to hold two CSR's at once, or will I have to downgrade the other CSR at the same time?

I'm on the fence right now about whether to keep the new CSR permanently and downgrade the old CSR to Freedom or to do what I need with the new CSR (maybe use the $300 travel/grocery credit and $60 Doordash credit) and then downgrade it back to Freedom (and get back most or all of the annual fee). Does Chase frown on either of these?

Any recent data points on $450 vs. $550 for PC's?
Can only have 1 CSR/CSP at one time.

I cant imagine chase would be happy with your alt plan of downgrading and recouping the AF after using all of the benefits.

PC should be $550 but some lucky ppl were told $450 on phone
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »
You can have more than 1 CSP/CSR via PC.
HUCA.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2020, 11:33:10 AM »
then you have to send in some points to be able and delink or use the card and wait for points to post

Did exactly what you wrote and it worked! Thanks so much! 
Denny Crane

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
I cant imagine chase would be happy with your alt plan of downgrading and recouping the AF after using all of the benefits.

How likely is it that they even notice (especially if I wait long enough that I only get a prorated refund)? And do anything about it?

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
(especially if I wait long enough that I only get a prorated refund)?
Regarding prorated refund, I believe you're thinking about amex refund rules. I don't think chase offers a prorated refund when downgrading after 30 days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.doctorofcredit.com/annual-fee-refund-rules-for-each-card-issuer/amp/

How likely is it that they even notice? And do anything about it?
Thats always the million dollar question with all of these things. They work until they dont work. You have to decide what level of risk you're willing to take. If they catch you and act upon it you will be banned from chase and they will charge you back for whatever gains you made...
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »
There are no prorated refunds for cancellations, but doesn't Chase still provide prorated refunds for product changes (downgrades)?

Anyway, I upgraded my Freedom to CSR earlier today. The agent said that it takes 1-3 business days for the new benefits to kick in. Is that correct? I was planning to use the card tonight and tomorrow, as a CSR. It's already showing as a CSR in my online account, so am I safe treating the old card as a CSR right away?