Author Topic: Violent protests erupt across the country  (Read 186624 times)

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Violent protests erupt across the country
« Reply #1720 on: April 13, 2021, 09:29:15 AM »
Dude. The victim here is the guy who was shot. Whatever he may have been doing, he didn’t deserve to die.

Yes, I agree it’s unfortunate for her as well.

so here is the thing when you chose an action you chose the consequences of that action
its a package deal - that being said no he shouldn't have been killed and remember no one was trying to kill him

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1721 on: April 13, 2021, 01:19:38 PM »
so here is the thing when you chose an action you chose the consequences of that action
its a package deal - that being said no he shouldn't have been killed and remember no one was trying to kill him
No interaction with a cop should ever result in a dead body. The guy should have had every reason to assume he would live to see the next day as long as he wasn’t threatening their lives. Police should be (and are) trained to disarm and walk away even from deadly confrontations. Their role is that of peacekeepers, not arbiters of justice.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 13, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »
When protesters say that it’s not fair that Black people should be scared for their lives when they see cops in their neighborhood, I agree. But for some reason, I would be terrified if I was stopped by police, yet here it seems the police are more scared than the man they are stopping. The problem doesn’t seem to be that residents are too scared of police, rather they are not scared enough. If he (and Jacob Blake, and others) would just obey orders, a whole lot of this could be avoided. I’m not saying the police officer did nothing wrong, I’m just pointing out that these are far from 100% innocent victims. נקיות כפיים אין כאן.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1723 on: April 13, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
If the damn Jews would just do as they were told we would all be better off.  >:( >:( >:(
The amount of racism in some of these posts while outrageous is expect from certain members.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 13, 2021, 03:31:18 PM »
If the damn Jews would just do as they were told we would all be better off.  >:( >:( >:(
The amount of racism in some of these posts while outrageous is expect from certain members.
Nice to see you back with your full energy. Good old CV

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1725 on: April 13, 2021, 03:45:01 PM »
Welcome back :)

To be fair to the poster right before you (if that’s who you are referring to as racist) he didn’t specify “black people” as the people cops are scared of. He specified “people who are shot by police while resisting arrest”. Of course the cases in the news lately have been cases involving black people but they far from have a monopoly on disobeying the law and officers.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 13, 2021, 03:51:33 PM »
Welcome back :)

To be fair to the poster right before you (if that’s who you are referring to as racist) he didn’t specify “black people” as the people cops are scared of. He specified “people who are shot by police while resisting arrest”. Of course the cases in the news lately have been cases involving black people but they far from have a monopoly on disobeying the law and officers.
No it was not that poster as not enough info for a painting.  ;)
While I have not been posting I have been reading. The amount of racism in posts in general is way over the top. As someone once suggested insert "Jew" for the person you are talking about before posting. Maybe you might have a better understanding then.

If any member only posted negative things about a certain race how would you describe that person? 

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1727 on: April 13, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
to cause some major PC!!!
Welcome back! I hope you are doing well! Not one to disappoint
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 13, 2021, 04:01:30 PM »
Welcome back! I hope you are doing well! Not one to disappoint
Feeling like my "old" self.  :)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 13, 2021, 06:16:03 PM »
Feeling like my "old" self.  :)
Back on the hamster wheel.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 13, 2021, 06:34:41 PM »
Back on the hamster wheel.
I am trying to get others off it now that the election is over.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 13, 2021, 08:15:21 PM »
"Police on Monday identified the officer who fatally shot Daunte Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, during a weekend traffic stop near Minneapolis as Kim Potter.

Details: Potter has been with the Brooklyn Center Police Department for 26 years, the The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) said in an emailed statement."

honestly the amount of pressure they probably feel being on the streets in these cities is extreme
this poor woman is an example of that and what happened in my opinion is the result
it almost seems like the more people scream about it and the more it happens
[/youtube]

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 14, 2021, 06:59:37 AM »
No interaction with a cop should ever result in a dead body. The guy should have had every reason to assume he would live to see the next day as long as he wasn’t threatening their lives. Police should be (and are) trained to disarm and walk away even from deadly confrontations. Their role is that of peacekeepers, not arbiters of justice.

What a complete lack of nuance. If arguendo, someone pulls a gun on a cop, should that never result in a dead body? The answer is- a cop should try to de-escalate the situation as much as possible, but if the cop is forced to fire to disarm and the the perp ends up dead by mistake, that’s on the perp, not the cop.

In this case, the victim deserves some blame for escalating the situation to a point where a mistake like this can be fatal. More so for being a violent person with a criminal history of using guns and an outstanding warrant. I would say it’s similar to accidentally crashing and killing a perp who is in a high speed chase. From the cops perspective - it’s hard to blame someone who did not intend to fire a weapon at all, and does not seem to be negligent. Would anyone care if Daunte was tased?

We can also blame policing protocol because having officers holding 2 similar guns can lead to these errors under high pressure. I would also blame the protocol for forcing her to draw a taser under high pressure when dealing with a dangerous criminal instead of having the taser drawn before the escalation.
Visibly Jewish

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 14, 2021, 09:25:42 AM »
It is sad to see some of the posts from members I argue with but respect. There is ZERO blame the victim bares for his death.
This cop made the worse mistake a human can make towards another human being. This was not an accidental discharge as the police chief described it. It was involuntary manslaughter.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1734 on: April 14, 2021, 11:27:05 AM »
It seems to me that she drew the gun once they figured out there was an open warrant involving a firearm. When he tried to run, she forgot which she was holding, which is why she yelled, "Taser!" before shooting, and only realized her mistake after discharge. The kid shouldn't have died. It was an ugly mistake. It also had nothing to do with his race. The cops need to be held accountable for their actions, even mistakes, but we have to stop making everything about race. It was irrelevant here.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 14, 2021, 12:38:59 PM »
It seems to me that she drew the gun once they figured out there was an open warrant involving a firearm. When he tried to run, she forgot which she was holding, which is why she yelled, "Taser!" before shooting, and only realized her mistake after discharge. The kid shouldn't have died. It was an ugly mistake. It also had nothing to do with his race. The cops need to be held accountable for their actions, even mistakes, but we have to stop making everything about race. It was irrelevant here.
We have no idea if race was involved in the way police acted toward this victim.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1736 on: April 14, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
We have no idea if race was involved in the way police acted toward this victim.

Inasmuch as we have no idea about what goes on in anyone's head, sure. Up until the moment he was shot, was there anything about that traffic stop that wasn't done exactly according to protocol?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 14, 2021, 01:20:59 PM »
It is sad to see some of the posts from members I argue with but respect. There is ZERO blame the victim bares for his death.
This cop made the worse mistake a human can make towards another human being. This was not an accidental discharge as the police chief described it. It was involuntary manslaughter.

While it may not be politically correct, I believe a person bears a personal responsibility to avoid dangerous situations, whether it's climbing Mt Everest, or resisting arrest when you have a violent criminal record. Based on that the victim bears some responsibility for putting himself in a dangerous encounter where human error can mean the difference between living and dying. This does not absolve the cop or the police department from their responsibility. You are free to feel differently, but I'd like to know why you disagree.
Visibly Jewish

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 14, 2021, 01:27:08 PM »
Inasmuch as we have no idea about what goes on in anyone's head, sure. Up until the moment he was shot, was there anything about that traffic stop that wasn't done exactly according to protocol?
You like many others missed the point. Did the police act different because the person they were stopping was black?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 14, 2021, 01:29:07 PM »
You like many others missed the point. Did the police act different because the person they were stopping was black?
Did they?