Author Topic: Violent protests erupt across the country  (Read 182355 times)

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Re: Violent protests erupt across the country
« Reply #980 on: June 04, 2020, 02:17:30 AM »
Every thread is either a halacha thread, a gun control thread or both.*

*During covid every thread is also a minyan/shutdown debate
Those are flavored popcorn topics
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #981 on: June 04, 2020, 04:35:06 AM »
Those are flavored stale popcorn topics
FTFY
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #982 on: June 04, 2020, 08:47:31 AM »
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 04, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »
Even CB/MS sites getting involved.

Dear Giving Assistant Community,
Like many of you, our team is reeling with pain and grief from the most recent tragedies of racist violence in our country.
More and more people are coming to realize the recent video of Amy Cooper together with the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and Tony McDade are far, far from isolated incidents. They represent merely a few heartbreaking examples of what the norm has been in our country: widespread, systemic racial violence and racial injustice against Black Americans.
Black Americans are unfairly targeted and murdered because of the color of their skin, and silence or indifference toward this racist violence allows it to continue. We cannot stand idle any longer. We cannot look the other way and think this is someone else’s problem, or this is out of our control.
Remaining silent and inactive is at the core of enabling the problem to persist. We, as a company on a mission to transform shopping into a sustainable source of giving, will not stay silent or numb to the constant headlines of racial violence and injustice that occur every day. We will not ignore the dire need for widespread action to confront racism everywhere it exists: in our communities, in our workplaces, in the police, in the justice system, and in the White House.
We will instead take action by listening, educating ourselves and others, speaking up, donating, peacefully protesting, and voting to tell the world we reject racism.
As a first step in this direction, we've published a blog with a variety of anti-racism organizations you can support, and social justice organizations you can follow on social media to join us in our learning.
Together we will change. We stand with you.
#JusticeForGeorgeFloyd #JusticeForBreonnaTaylor #JusticeForAhmaudArbery #JusticeForTonyMcDade
Black Lives Matter.
In community,
The Giving Assistant Team

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 04, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
If these peaceful protests in DC keep growing it will end terribly for this country.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/not-going-to-be-peace-in-the-streets-dc-protesters-vow-to-persist-and-defy-trump/ar-BB14Znmo?ocid=spartanntp
What is Trump afraid of? They keep making the perimeter larger and larger. Does he believe if he can't see them they don't exist?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 04, 2020, 09:44:23 AM »
Someone should tell this guy to keep his mouth shut and not make fun of former presidents. If he claims to represent us, he should grow up and act like a mentsh. I don't see anyone from the Agudah behaving that way.
I don't know who this guy Yossi Gestetner is, AFAIK I never appointed him to represent me. And it's a safe bet to say that he doesn't represent the klal.

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 04, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
If these peaceful protests in DC keep growing it will end terribly for this country.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/not-going-to-be-peace-in-the-streets-dc-protesters-vow-to-persist-and-defy-trump/ar-BB14Znmo?ocid=spartanntp
What is Trump afraid of? They keep making the perimeter larger and larger. Does he believe if he can't see them they don't exist?
they should keep defying him (Whether or not I believe it actually the right thing). It will only being out more of his recklessness. He's clearly not using any seichel in dealing with this even if they're dead wrong.
Quote from my grandfather (at least I think it's his original) " I don't have to be right as long as I get what I want."
Trump is just is insisting on being right. The outcome won't be pretty...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 04, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »
Either terribly for Trump, or terribly for the country. The two are contradictory.
they should keep defying him (Whether or not I believe it actually the right thing). It will only being out more of his recklessness. He's clearly not using any seichel in dealing with this even if they're dead wrong.
Quote from my grandfather (at least I think it's his original) " I don't have to be right as long as I get what I want."
Trump is just is insisting on being right. The outcome won't be pretty...
+1
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 04, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »
Things are getting worse and our president is clueless. What is he going to do. Have another photo op?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sf-resident-was-kneeling-when-fatally-shot-by-vallejo-police-during-civil-unrest/ar-BB14ZRGU?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 04, 2020, 09:59:32 AM »
Things are getting worse and our president is clueless. What is he going to do. Have another photo op?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sf-resident-was-kneeling-when-fatally-shot-by-vallejo-police-during-civil-unrest/ar-BB14ZRGU?li=BBnb7Kz
Send FBI to bully protestors into admitting they are controlled by a non-existent organization.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: June 04, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »
 The sad thing is that as soon as the protests turn peaceful they will stop garnering as much attention and eventually die down. Then the politicians, even if it’s Pres Biden or whoever else will throw them a bone or two and ignore the real issues that are politically untenable to tackle. Sure they will give them lipservice. Sure the white folks will continue to confess their white privilege. But the core issues will never be addressed unless there is a national will to do so, which I do not see happening anytime in the foreseeable future.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 04, 2020, 10:12:14 AM »
The sad thing is that as soon as the protests turn peaceful they will stop garnering as much attention and eventually die down. Then the politicians, even if it’s Pres Biden or whoever else will throw them a bone or two and ignore the real issues that are politically untenable to tackle. Sure they will give them lipservice. Sure the white folks will continue to confess their white privilege. But the core issues will never be addressed unless there is a national will to do so, which I do not see happening anytime in the foreseeable future.
Hopefully this time will be different. I think the DC protests can go on because of the forces involved. I just pray it does not get ugly.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 04, 2020, 10:13:34 AM »
Depends if real leadership emerges or not, and if there is a huge Corona wave.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 04, 2020, 10:16:23 AM »
I just pray it does not get ugly.
It can't get ugly without the military, and the military already sent out letter that soldiers only have to follow 'lawful' orders.

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 04, 2020, 10:39:34 AM »

Just make sure you read all the articles to get a full picture of what happened. They all say almost the same thing but add and take out small tidbits, or give over what was said differently, depending on their agenda. I'm not saying whether what was done was right or wrong but just saying read everything.

I'm not who you think I am.

Offline joeb1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 04, 2020, 10:50:31 AM »

We have a country of millions and we pick out an idiot here and there to make a point.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:57 AM »
Just make sure you read all the articles to get a full picture of what happened. They all say almost the same thing but add and take out small tidbits, or give over what was said differently, depending on their agenda. I'm not saying whether what was done was right or wrong but just saying read everything.
I am not blaming anyone in the article. I am just saying things are getting worse and are going to continue to get worse if nothing changes. What has been the response from our president? A photo op or two.

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 04, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
We have a country of millions and we pick out an idiot here and there to make a point.
that's a mainstream and social media specialty. Right-wing and left-wing. Equal opportunity offenders.