Poll

With respect to other vaccines and a potential COVID-19 vaccine what will you do.

I got MMR vaccine and plan to get COVID-19 vaccine when available.
I did not get MMR vaccine but plan to get COVID-19 vaccine when available.
I got MMR vaccine but do not plan to get COVID-19 vaccine.
I did not get MMR vaccine and do not plan to get COVID-19 vaccine.
I still think vaccines cause autism or other serious side effects.
My parent(s) still think vaccines cause autism or other serious side effects. I had to secretly get vaccinated.

Author Topic: If there is COVID-19 vaccine will you get it.  (Read 10248 times)

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: If there is COVID-19 vaccine will you get it.
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 12:05:38 AM »
It doesn't come down to Cuomo v Trump. If there are legitimate medical scientific questions with the vaccine and/or FDA approval process they will surface and we'll be better positioned to decide. From my understanding so far the vaccine doesn't actually include any pathogen, rather a seemingly benign 'Messenger'.
ok so it’s your opinion that its not cuomo vs trump that’s fine. Clearly for cuomo it IS cuomo vs trump bc idk why the heck cuomo wouldn’t trust the fda.

And if there are legitimate questions about the vaccine it won’t be approved by fda. So back to my question: if fda approves the vaccine , will you take it?
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 12:08:49 AM »
ok so it’s your opinion that its not cuomo vs trump that’s fine. Clearly for cuomo it IS cuomo vs trump bc idk why the heck cuomo wouldn’t trust the fda.

And if there are legitimate questions about the vaccine it won’t be approved by fda. So back to my question: if fda approves the vaccine , will you take it?
That's an assumption Cuomo and I disagree with. We will wait to evaluate the scientific consensus around it. I don't trust the FDA per se.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 12:09:45 AM »

Cuomo might have reasons HE won’t take the vaccine, but his opinions, choices, or concerns (if their his alone) mean nothing to me.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 12:10:27 AM »
That's an assumption Cuomo and I disagree with. We will wait to evaluate the scientific consensus around it. I don't trust the FDA per se.

You don’t trust the FDA because Trump, or in general?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2020, 12:11:52 AM »
You don’t trust the FDA because Trump, or in general?
I would never have blind faith in anybody. My belief is further diminished under Trump leadership. Just look at Atlas....
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2020, 12:12:13 AM »
why don’t you trust the fda? That’s interesting.
I would never have blind faith in anybody. My belief is further diminished under Trump leadership. Just look at Atlas....
do you research every pill you take?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2020, 12:12:59 AM »
why don’t you trust the fda? That’s interesting.
On the contrary, I would ask why you do? They're a bumbling government agency just like everybody else...

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2020, 12:17:56 AM »
On the contrary, I would ask why you do? They're a bumbling government agency just like everybody else...
it’s not so much as I trust them as it is I have no reason to doubt they would be playing w millions of peoples lives. To be honest , in less developed countries I might be concerned but america is way better. Other countries wait until fda approves something before approving themself (basically being lazy and approving since fda approved)
Government agency issues is in slowness and sluggishness , not messing w lives carelessly.

Do you research every pill you take?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »
Do you research every pill you take?
As it happens I take medication very rarely BH, but I would definitely research it and second guess any doctors decision when I can. The FDA have every motive to risk millions of lives now. They would suffer terrible backlash if they hold off on approval, but if they rush it, only the 'fake news' & 'Czar Coumo' will attack them. You have to look beyond the political positions into the data supporting each claim. So far the studies seem extensive & the vaccines seem very safe to me.

As a matter of fact, while I highly doubt Cuomo will find any deficiencies; I'm grateful for him for having keeping the FDA & drug companies honest by using his position to warn them of scrutiny. So in the end it will be easy to paint him as a sore political opponent, in reality he did us all a great service.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2020, 12:28:34 AM »
As it happens I take medication very rarely BH, but I would definitely research it and second guess any doctors decision when I can. The FDA have every motive to risk millions of lives now. They would suffer terrible backlash if they hold off on approval, but if they rush it, only the 'fake news' & 'Czar Coumo' will attack them. You have to look beyond the political positions into the data supporting each claim. So far the studies seem extensive & the vaccines seem very safe to me.
honestly that’s way too taxing for me. Sometimes you don’t need to test the bridge before you cross bc it’s been tested a million times before. If a vaccine is being produced im assured there will be cross examinations and studies and tests to make sure it’s safe. I don’t need to read the results of the test. If it ends up in the pharmacy and my pharmacist suggests it (which he would if he’s carrying it) that’s all I need man.
I guess it’s a different style we have but I can’t imagine living your way- I need my mind for other things   :o
(I’m not messing w you I’m just very surprised you have such an outlook, it’s very different to me)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2020, 12:30:33 AM »
honestly that’s way too taxing for me. Sometimes you don’t need to test the bridge before you cross bc it’s been tested a million times before. If a vaccine is being produced im assured there will be cross examinations and studies and tests to make sure it’s safe. I don’t need to read the results of the test. If it ends up in the pharmacy and my pharmacist suggests it (which he would if he’s carrying it) that’s all I need man.
I guess it’s a different style we have but I can’t imagine living your way- I need my mid for other things   :o
(I’m not messing w you I’m just very surprised you have such an outlook, it’s very different to me)

Nothing about a Covid vaccine is similar to a bridge that was crossed a million times. Medicine is safe because the of medical consensus around FDA certified peer-reviewed studies. I'll trust the mainstream medical consensus, but not the FDA per-se.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2020, 12:36:28 AM »
Nothing about a Covid vaccine is similar to a bridge that was crossed a million times. Medicine is safe because the of medical consensus around FDA certified peer-reviewed studies. I'll trust the mainstream medical consensus, but not the FDA per-se.
how many drugs in history have been fda approved but rejected by mainstream medical consensus?
Fda doesn’t just shoot into the night hoping to get consensus on drugs they approve. Please

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2020, 12:38:18 AM »
how many drugs in history have been fda approved but rejected by mainstream medical consensus?
Fda doesn’t just shoot into the night hoping to get consensus on drugs they approve. Please
It's the other way around, FDA usually publishes their data and signs off after everybody else is begging to use it... takes forever & ever

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2020, 12:43:29 AM »
It's the other way around, FDA usually publishes their data and signs off after everybody else is begging to use it... takes forever & ever
so this time around there may be fewer scientists to peer review the drug but there still will be plenty of testing and examination w it before it’s released so I don’t know what the issue is.
What’s the limit for you? 100 scientists approve? 1000 scientists ?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2020, 12:47:16 AM »
so this time around there may be fewer scientists to peer review the drug but there still will be plenty of testing and examination w it before it’s released so I don’t know what the issue is.
What’s the limit for you? 100 scientists approve? 1000 scientists ?
You're using the same flawed logic. FDA says it's OK. 1000 scientists say it's OK. That's not the point. Evaluate the merits. If there is any credible opposition that believes it's not OK, I would consider it very risky. Credible opposition can be one or two researchers of Fauci's prominence, or a few more lower level.

One Hundred Authors Against Einstein was published in 1931. When asked to comment on this denunciation of relativity by so many scientists, Einstein replied that to defeat relativity one did not need the word of 100 scientists, just one fact.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2020, 01:04:01 AM »
You're using the same flawed logic. FDA says it's OK. 1000 scientists say it's OK. That's not the point. Evaluate the merits. If there is any credible opposition that believes it's not OK, I would consider it very risky. Credible opposition can be one or two researchers of Fauci's prominence, or a few more lower level.

One Hundred Authors Against Einstein was published in 1931. When asked to comment on this denunciation of relativity by so many scientists, Einstein replied that to defeat relativity one did not need the word of 100 scientists, just one fact.
there’s no way that you , not being a scientist , can decide on its own merit whether it’s good or not. So you have to trust others. Why don’t you trust your doctor or pharmacist if they recommend it and there some report of questionable status by a minority of scientists? I assume they are aware of scientists who approve and disapprove it- and yet they made a decision.
If a doctor you trust isn’t concerned about a ‘credible concern’ that came up who would you trust? Why trust someone you don’t know who’s supposedly ‘prominent’ over your doctor who probably read the review and actually knows what he’s talking about and isn’t concerned?
Anyway I’m done for tonight ✌️

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2020, 07:26:56 AM »
Don't forget Thalidomide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide

Frances Kelsey "withheld approval for the drug and requested further studies." (wikipedia.org)  She won numerous awards for this decision.

Regarding a COVID-19 vaccine:  is there credible opposition?  [I'm in no rush to get the vaccine, but if I was required to in order to fly, or the like, I would probably consent.]

44/50, 46/63

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »
C'mon, I can't speak for you, but lets not pretend that Cuomo has anything to do with this.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »
Regarding a COVID-19 vaccine:  is there credible opposition?  [I'm in no rush to get the vaccine, but if I was required to in order to fly, or the like, I would probably consent.]
Not that I know of, but both Pfizer & Moderna are only releasing press releases about their studies as opposed to the typical study data scientists are asking for.
C'mon, I can't speak for you, but lets not pretend that Cuomo has anything to do with this.
I'm not sure what you mean, but I never implied my opinion is influenced by Cuomo. I stand by the statement that Cuomo and I share an opinion on potential corner cutting, and I think Cuomo's public stance is helping ensure proper procedure.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
I'm less concerned about the FDA or any corner-cutting aspects than I am about the first version of vaccines in general. IINM, they tend to be tweaked over the first few years as more data becomes available. With something as unknown as Covid, long-term effects from the vaccine are my primary concern, and I'll probably hold off on getting vaccinated for a little while because of that.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.