Author Topic: Baby Exo Formula Maker  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Crazy tools

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
Baby Exo Formula Maker
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:33:41 AM »
Selling a formula maker, sort of like a Keurig for baby bottles. https://babyexo.com/products/baby-exo-baby-formula-milk-maker
Brand new never used with formula, filled tank with water once. (Had plastic smell so would need to run a few cycles before using, typical for any new appliances)
Pickup in Lakewood.
Asking $100

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
Re: Baby Exo Formula Maker
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »
Now free pickup in Lakewood.
Any takers?

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:49:46 PM »
Now free pickup in Lakewood.
Any takers?
PM sent

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 10:02:26 PM »
Taken

Offline Realshlomo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 01:07:06 PM »

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 10:50:05 AM »
 @Realshlomo Can you offer feedback about how you like the machine? I am looking to buy a formula maker and I want real-life feedback.

I have the original Baby Brezza from last kid but my youngest likes very hot bottles. The original one had no temperature control, and the new ones have only three settings, with the hottest one being 104 degrees (according to reviews) - which I don't think is hot enough. This one goes up to 158, so I'll have leeway, but many reviewers say that it gets clogged very often. Can you share your experience.

Also open to anyone offering recommendations.

TIA.

Offline Realshlomo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 11:26:09 AM »
@Realshlomo Can you offer feedback about how you like the machine? I am looking to buy a formula maker and I want real-life feedback.

I have the original Baby Brezza from last kid but my youngest likes very hot bottles. The original one had no temperature control, and the new ones have only three settings, with the hottest one being 104 degrees (according to reviews) - which I don't think is hot enough. This one goes up to 158, so I'll have leeway, but many reviewers say that it gets clogged very often. Can you share your experience.

Also open to anyone offering recommendations.

TIA.

Haven't used it in quite some time...

It was fun to use, kinda like a Keurig for a baby. You can customize how much formula is used and how hot each bottle should be.

The only issue I can think of is the clogging up. At each bottle a little bit of formula didnt make it into the bottle. The steam of each bottle helped it slowly build up. If it wasn't cleaned within the week it would become moldy.

Other than that it's a great machine.

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 11:28:41 AM »

Haven't used it in quite some time...

It was fun to use, kinda like a Keurig for a baby. You can customize how much formula is used and how hot each bottle should be.

The only issue I can think of is the clogging up. At each bottle a little bit of formula didnt make it into the bottle. The steam of each bottle it helped it slowly build up. If it wasn't cleaned within the week it would become moldy.

Other than that it's a great machine.
Thank you!

I think I'll keep looking elsewhere for now. As a machine that is solely meant for convenience, having to always worry about keeping it clean can almost make it not worth it.

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »
Thank you!

I think I'll keep looking elsewhere for now. As a machine that is solely meant for convenience, having to always worry about keeping it clean can almost make it not worth it.
That is the reason I never ended up using the bottle maker. I got a water warmer instead so no need to mix hot and cool water together to get the correct temperature, can be super annoying especially at night.
This machine worked great and just needed to add powder to the bottle and shake.
Made bottle making a breeze.
 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/baby-brezza-instant-warmer-white/6420888.p?skuId=6420888&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAt8WOBhDbARIsANQLp96WAk0dMopzzzGyLzKzcf8N5M9Y2uZ-uqxW82TkuaxWfDau2QcYswoaAh6PEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 11:43:38 AM »
That is the reason I never ended up using the bottle maker. I got a water warmer instead so no need to mix hot and cool water together to get the correct temperature, can be super annoying especially at night.
This machine worked great and just needed to add powder to the bottle and shake.
Made bottle making a breeze.
 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/baby-brezza-instant-warmer-white/6420888.p?skuId=6420888&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAt8WOBhDbARIsANQLp96WAk0dMopzzzGyLzKzcf8N5M9Y2uZ-uqxW82TkuaxWfDau2QcYswoaAh6PEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
What are the temperature settings? Is it three basic settings, like the formula maker, or is it more customizable? And how how is the hottest?

TIA.

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2022, 11:44:34 AM »
What are the temperature settings? Is it three basic settings, like the formula maker, or is it more customizable? And how how is the hottest?

TIA.
3 temp settings if I remember correctly. I kept it on the middle.
Dont recall how hot the hottest is.
Free returns!

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 11:47:13 AM »
3 temp settings if I remember correctly. I kept it on the middle.
Dont recall how hot the hottest is.
Thanks. I may go for it, but I'm going to see if I can get anything similar with a more controllable temp setting.

Free returns!
That's usually great, but with infants, when ordering around holiday season, by the time you get it, return it, and get a new one, the kid can be eating real food...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2022, 11:53:38 AM »

TIA.

https://babybrezza.com/products/instant-warmer

Three temp settings, room temp, body temp, and an ambiguous “warmer than body temp”, but not clear by how much.

Googling this I saw a reviewer complaining that the heated water sits in the plastic reservoir until dispensed, I’m not sure how much of a concern that is for you.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2022, 11:55:51 AM »
https://babybrezza.com/products/instant-warmer

Three temp settings, room temp, body temp, and an ambiguous “warmer than body temp”, but not clear by how much.

Googling this I saw a reviewer complaining that the heated water sits in the plastic reservoir until dispensed, I’m not sure how much of a concern that is for you.
Thanks. That ambiguous temp control is what's keeping me from getting it. I have a brezza now, and my only issue is the temp. So I'm not jumping into a new machine unless I'm positive that it fixes my problem.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2022, 12:10:29 PM »
Thanks. That ambiguous temp control is what's keeping me from getting it. I have a brezza now, and my only issue is the temp. So I'm not jumping into a new machine unless I'm positive that it fixes my problem.

I’m sure they could tell you what the temperatures for each setting are
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 12:58:41 PM »
I realized that I have an Oster electric kettle and I remember that it heats water up really fast. I just tested it on the lowest setting (110 degrees) with the minimum amount of water (2 cups) and it took less than a minute to make the water the perfect temperature for my kid. (Just one tad too hot, but it's perfect after the formula is mixed in.)

So for the time being, I'm going to try this option. I'm going to keep it in my bedroom, prefilled, and see how big of a pain it is to mix a bottle manually in middle of the night. (I like this better my other option, which would've been an old fashioned urn, because I was worried about a kid puling the boiling water off my dresser.) I know this is less convenient than a formula maker, but I'm not going to jump in with $200 (or $50 to something that I have to anyways mix myself) for something that I'm not sure is good for me.

Thanks everyone for the input, and I'm still taking suggestions if anyone has.

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 01:20:40 PM »
I realized that I have an Oster electric kettle and I remember that it heats water up really fast. I just tested it on the lowest setting (110 degrees) with the minimum amount of water (2 cups) and it took less than a minute to make the water the perfect temperature for my kid. (Just one tad too hot, but it's perfect after the formula is mixed in.)

So for the time being, I'm going to try this option. I'm going to keep it in my bedroom, prefilled, and see how big of a pain it is to mix a bottle manually in middle of the night. (I like this better my other option, which would've been an old fashioned urn, because I was worried about a kid puling the boiling water off my dresser.) I know this is less convenient than a formula maker, but I'm not going to jump in with $200 (or $50 to something that I have to anyways mix myself) for something that I'm not sure is good for me.

Thanks everyone for the input, and I'm still taking suggestions if anyone has.
you can always get this to make it easier.
https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Formula-Dispenser-Combo-Colors/dp/B000RFCXIK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1U2AY29D5P3TG&keywords=baby+formula+holder&qid=1641147577&sprefix=baby+formula+holder%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-6

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 01:21:58 PM »

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 01:25:40 PM »

(I like this better my other option, which would've been an old fashioned urn, because I was worried about a kid puling the boiling water off my dresser.)

Use a thermos or an airpot
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2022, 01:29:50 PM »

Use a thermos or an airpot
The electric kettle is great because the water is cold and only heats up when I push the button. It then takes less than a minute to become the perfect temp.