Author Topic: Hertz free-to-go-pass  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: Hertz free-to-go-pass
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 10:07:26 PM »
Im not so sure, i wouldnt lay out $100 for that chance, it hasnt happened to me in the past and is not something i am too worried about. would you buy 100 dollars of insurance for that eventuality? it seems expensive.
If you dont want to deal with the hassle in the first place then i understand that it might be worth to pay for the service, but again, i dont see myself paying $100 for someone to fill up my tank.
Agreed. Especially considering extended rental time perks
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2020, 10:18:39 PM »
Im not so sure, i wouldnt lay out $100 for that chance, it hasnt happened to me in the past and is not something i am too worried about. would you buy 100 dollars of insurance for that eventuality? it seems expensive.
If you dont want to deal with the hassle in the first place then i understand that it might be worth to pay for the service, but again, i dont see myself paying $100 for someone to fill up my tank.
I rented a car with Hertz in LGB a few years back (JetBlue 75k mileage run). I thought I’d use most of the tank, and be running super late on the return, so added the full tank option.

On the way back to the airport, I had lots of extra time and hadn’t used nearly what I thought I would. So I called CS and had them remove the fuel option from my reservation, then filled up myself and dropped it off without problem.

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2020, 11:24:15 PM »
I rented a car with Hertz in LGB a few years back (JetBlue 75k mileage run). I thought I’d use most of the tank, and be running super late on the return, so added the full tank option.

On the way back to the airport, I had lots of extra time and hadn’t used nearly what I thought I would. So I called CS and had them remove the fuel option from my reservation, then filled up myself and dropped it off without problem.
Interesting, and probably even if you would have used the full tank service it would take some time till you reached $100 in difference. (although hle's are not always so good at staying in an imaginable price range)

Offline johnshek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2020, 12:29:34 AM »
Didn't Hertz file for bankruptcy? Where's the guarantee that they will be operational in a month or two?

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2020, 03:47:01 AM »
Didn't Hertz file for bankruptcy? Where's the guarantee that they will be operational in a month or two?

You probably don't understand what Chapter 11 is.
If you do understand Chapter 11 and still doubt about their operation in a month or two, then you should rent some nice car and keep it until they cease operation. It's going to be a long time before someone will claim back the car.

Online yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »
Also you would be able to do a charge back if there is a problem

Offline johnshek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »
You probably don't understand what Chapter 11 is.
If you do understand Chapter 11 and still doubt about their operation in a month or two, then you should rent some nice car and keep it until they cease operation. It's going to be a long time before someone will claim back the car.
Its definitely within the realm of possibility that they will cease operations for some time during their (hopeful) restructuring.
As it stands they're selling off thousands of their vehicles as well as shuffling them to other brands. They're trying to generate as much cash as they can upfront. I wouldn't bet on it.

As far as their vehicles go, I'd doubt anyone presiding over their restructure would approve of any plan in which their primary assets would be unaccounted for.

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
Its definitely within the realm of possibility that they will cease operations for some time during their (hopeful) restructuring.
As it stands they're selling off thousands of their vehicles as well as shuffling them to other brands. They're trying to generate as much cash as they can upfront. I wouldn't bet on it.

As far as their vehicles go, I'd doubt anyone presiding over their restructure would approve of any plan in which their primary assets would be unaccounted for.

I can't comment much on the restructuring plan as no news came out of it yet.
Now if you do have more insider knowledge, as far as vehicles go, it depends on know will acquire those assets. I'm sure cars will be accounted for, but actual location of the asset might be in doubt and might take months to track it down. I'm not suggesting you will get a free car, I'm just pointing out a possibility it could take a while before someone claims ownership of the car. ;)

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 02:36:20 AM »
AAA membership costs less, takes off the underage fee and gives a percentage off.
Don't see lots of advantages for the price difference.
Now if you have sprint, or anything else that partners with benefithub, using their CDP waives the underage.
Don't even have to pay for AAA membership :)