Author Topic: Hertz free-to-go-pass  (Read 2518 times)

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
Re: Hertz free-to-go-pass
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »
Also you would be able to do a charge back if there is a problem

Offline johnshek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »
You probably don't understand what Chapter 11 is.
If you do understand Chapter 11 and still doubt about their operation in a month or two, then you should rent some nice car and keep it until they cease operation. It's going to be a long time before someone will claim back the car.
Its definitely within the realm of possibility that they will cease operations for some time during their (hopeful) restructuring.
As it stands they're selling off thousands of their vehicles as well as shuffling them to other brands. They're trying to generate as much cash as they can upfront. I wouldn't bet on it.

As far as their vehicles go, I'd doubt anyone presiding over their restructure would approve of any plan in which their primary assets would be unaccounted for.

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
Its definitely within the realm of possibility that they will cease operations for some time during their (hopeful) restructuring.
As it stands they're selling off thousands of their vehicles as well as shuffling them to other brands. They're trying to generate as much cash as they can upfront. I wouldn't bet on it.

As far as their vehicles go, I'd doubt anyone presiding over their restructure would approve of any plan in which their primary assets would be unaccounted for.

I can't comment much on the restructuring plan as no news came out of it yet.
Now if you do have more insider knowledge, as far as vehicles go, it depends on know will acquire those assets. I'm sure cars will be accounted for, but actual location of the asset might be in doubt and might take months to track it down. I'm not suggesting you will get a free car, I'm just pointing out a possibility it could take a while before someone claims ownership of the car. ;)

Online lcm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 02:36:20 AM »
AAA membership costs less, takes off the underage fee and gives a percentage off.
Don't see lots of advantages for the price difference.
Now if you have sprint, or anything else that partners with benefithub, using their CDP waives the underage.
Don't even have to pay for AAA membership :)