Author Topic: rubber rooms your tax dollars at work  (Read 2746 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: rubber rooms your tax dollars at work
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 10:38:49 PM »
There's already a framework in place - there are individuals or organizations whose job it is to decide matters between employers and unions. Why not just remove the unions and replace them with the employees directly?
The employees would get eaten alive. I had to deal with these scumbag tactics USPS employed. Bottom line is if employers would treat employees fairly there would be no unions.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 10:47:39 PM »
What you seem to be saying that if 100% of employers treated their employees well, there would be no need for unions.

The fact is that in many workplaces, there's already no need for unions. But the landscape as it exists has most people believing that you need unions, and even the employees who don't want a union feel peer pressure to vote for a union. I still remember seeing a sign showing the union vote - 99 to 1 for having a union. Next to the "1", some had written some choice language describing the individual.

So everyone votes for and goes along with the union, even if they don't really want it. I've had employees who we were forced by the union to fire because they didn't want to be a part of the union and didn't want the union taking their money.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 10:52:39 PM »
What you seem to be saying that if 100% of employers treated their employees well, there would be no need for unions.

The fact is that in many workplaces, there's already no need for unions. But the landscape as it exists has most people believing that you need unions, and even the employees who don't want a union feel peer pressure to vote for a union. I still remember seeing a sign showing the union vote - 99 to 1 for having a union. Next to the "1", some had written some choice language describing the individual.

So everyone votes for and goes along with the union, even if they don't really want it. I've had employees who we were forced by the union to fire because they didn't want to be a part of the union and didn't want the union taking their money.
The recent Amazon vote against the union shows you seem not to be objective.
I will say it again. Unions are a necessary evil.

Again with all its flaws the USPS model works. You can choose to join the union or not but receive all the benefits and protection.

ETA: https://apnews.com/article/alabama-jeff-bezos-57d69674978bd483f7285507ed168f70
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:06:04 PM by CountValentine »
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline mushkovits

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 02:45:20 AM »
The recent Amazon vote against the union shows you seem not to be objective.
I will say it again. Unions are a necessary evil.

Again with all its flaws the USPS model works. You can choose to join the union or not but receive all the benefits and protection.

ETA: https://apnews.com/article/alabama-jeff-bezos-57d69674978bd483f7285507ed168f70
In today’s age with all labor laws in place, ACLU organizations and its likes, are unions really still necessary?

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 11:20:22 AM »
Just look at the recent Amazon vote. Employees felt they were being treated fairly and voted the union down.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/amazon-prevented-free-and-fair-election-in-alabama-union-alleges.html