Author Topic: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel  (Read 299141 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel
« Reply #1580 on: February 04, 2021, 02:12:20 PM »
... vs. the likelihood that I'll be able to avoid getting Covid altogether. You can't discount that part of the equation.
I’m not necessarily talking about you, I’m talking about many people I know. An easy example is the poster above who said
I would have rather preferred getting natural immunity to the virus
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 04, 2021, 02:13:10 PM »
I wish you were right, but:

I may have misunderstood you, but it certainly doesn't appear so. I will calm down as soon as you walk back your previous assertions that the vaccines are making people sick with covid. כל המרחם על האכזרים סופו להתאכזר על הרחמנים.
Did you notice that I'm asking questions, not stating facts? So no- I have no idea where the new strain comes from. I did hear from afew sources that Rabbi Twerski took the covid vaccine, & was niftar afew days later. If anyone has a statement disproving that, please share.
Chaya L.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 04, 2021, 02:14:17 PM »
Did you notice that I'm asking questions, not stating facts? So no- I have no idea where the new strain comes from. I did hear from afew sources that Rabbi Twerski took the covid vaccine, & was niftar afew days later. If anyone has a statement disproving that, please share.
Why would you think that he died from the vaccine?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1583 on: February 04, 2021, 02:15:11 PM »
How likely is that?

Not about to make an ayin hara.

So are we at "herd immunity" or "everyone will get it anyway"

I don't need either. I just need another year or so until the Pfizer Pro Max comes out. First gen tech scares me.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 04, 2021, 02:15:38 PM »
Why would you think that he died from the vaccine?
Why would I not take that into the equation? Just as much as the other reasons? Let's put all the facts on the table, shall we?
Chaya L.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 04, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
I did hear from afew sources that Rabbi Twerski took the covid vaccine, & was niftar afew days later. If anyone has a statement disproving that, please share.
Did you not take the time to read @biobook's reply that she so graciously and patiently took the time to spell it out so that anyone can understand?

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 04, 2021, 02:16:50 PM »
Did you not take the time to read @biobook's reply that she so graciously and patiently took the time to spell it out so that everyone can understand?
I did. It's still not enough for me.
Chaya L.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 04, 2021, 02:16:57 PM »
Why would I not take that into the equation? Just as much as the other reasons? Let's put all the facts on the table, shall we?
Let's look at whether it is possible to get corona from the vaccine. Maybe you can get it from eating bananas?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 04, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »
What frustrates me is how people are weighing and assigning the likelihood of potential adverse long term effects occurring from the vaccine (microscopic, if that) vs. the likelihood of negative effects from COVID (an absolutely certainty).

Throughout COVID the one thing that has astounded me above all others is many people’s complete inability to use basic analytical skills to compute relatively simple statistical problems.

It's a tribal information gathering fallacy.  I argued with my 80 year old grandmother about this yesterday. She'll openly admit she is completely incapable of discerning information (not that it absolves her of the duty), so for her all knoweldge is trust. If one person tells her the vaccine is good, and another person tells her the vaccine is bad, it's down to 50:50. But, the person who told her it's bad told her it will kill her, and the person who told her it's good told her it lowers her odds of being affected by an invisible pathogen, so it's easy to see which way she's leaning. Granted, ultimately she will likely follow a broad Rabbinic edict, if there is one.

We have a similar problem when one side says Trump won the elections, and the other side says Biden won the elections. On it's face, it's 50:50...

Did you notice that I'm asking questions, not stating facts?
Positing something in the form of a question doesn't make it OK. 'Can anyone provide evidence Jews didn't blow up the WTC on 9/11' isn't a legitimate question.
Your 'questions' have been throughly debunked in this thread alone many times. They aren't questions.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 04, 2021, 02:18:15 PM »

The facts are he was 90 and it's possible that it takes seniors longer to build up immunity post vaccination. None of that means the vaccine in any way killed him, and even if you were to say it did, you aren't anywhere near 90.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1590 on: February 04, 2021, 02:19:15 PM »
What other facts did you take into the equation? I heard he also rode a bus that week. Many people who have died of COVID had taken a bus recently. In fact, many more people who have taken a bus recently have died of COVID than people who have taken the vaccine recently have died of COVID.

Is taking a bus now a causal link? This is not how deductive reasoning works.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 04, 2021, 02:20:07 PM »
What other facts did you take into the equation? I heard he also rode a bus that week. Many people who have died of COVID had taken a bus recently. In fact, many more people who have taken a bus recently have died of COVID than people who have taken the vaccine recently have died of COVID.

Is that now a causal link?
I'm sure she also won't eat any unhealthy food that he ate and she doesn't know the contents of...
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 04, 2021, 02:20:23 PM »
Not about to make an ayin hara.

I don't need either. I just need another year or so until the Pfizer Pro Max comes out. First gen tech scares me.
Didn't realize you were talking about yourself. I have no problem with someone wants to avoid both corona and the vaccine on a personal level. Problem starts when people think the vaccine is riskier than getting sick, and/or start trying to convince others.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 04, 2021, 02:20:53 PM »
Let's look at whether it is possible to get corona from the vaccine. Maybe you can get it from eating bananas?
Really lame example. Listen guys, I've shared how I feel about this, & I have no issue being seen as the dumb kid in the room. For now, I don't have an answer for myself or anyone else. Most of you clearly do & I respect that! I hope I can come to a clear conclusion soon.
Chaya L.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1594 on: February 04, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »

Is taking a bus now a causal link? This is not how deductive reasoning works.
And now we have an explanation for
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 04, 2021, 02:21:22 PM »
The facts are he was 90 and it's possible that it takes seniors longer to build up immunity post vaccination. None of that means the vaccine in any way killed him, and even if you were to say it did, you aren't anywhere near 90.
Didn't @biobook quote that it takes 10-14 days since the fiest dose for a person to *start* producing antibodies? Which means that until then, people who got the first dose are exactly the same as anyone else and just as vulnerable.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1596 on: February 04, 2021, 02:21:52 PM »
So how's Covid in Israel?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 04, 2021, 02:22:14 PM »
Really lame example. Listen guys, I've shared how I feel about this, & I have no issue being seen as the dumb kid in the room. For now, I don't have an answer for myself or anyone else. Most of you clearly do & I respect that! I hope I can come to a clear conclusion soon.
I see you as far worse than the dumb one in the room. You will pay a heavy price for it.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1598 on: February 04, 2021, 02:23:05 PM »
One more thing. Saying things like “it may cause infertility” which doesn’t have a single leg to stand on- zero- purely because the fear factor and impossibility to prove a negative is overwhelming- is disgusting obfuscation.

Talking to people, one of the big fears they mention of taking the vaccine is infertility. Where did they hear that, I ask? Oh, they read it somewhere, maybe Lakewood Scoop, who knows, where there’s smoke there’s fire, of course they’re not saying it *does* cause it but how do I know it *doesn’t*.. one fellow literally told me his whole (high risk) family was able to be vaccinated, his parents took it because they’re past the stage of having children but he refused it “just in case”..

FUD is a good word. Who is behind this stuff?
And just like that, look who’s on my team :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 04, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
Didn't @biobook quote that it takes 10-14 days since the fiest dose for a person to *start* producing antibodies? Which means that until then, people who got the first dose are exactly the same as anyone else and just as vulnerable.

Correct, but I don't know if or when he got vaccinated. For all I know he got ill two weeks after his second dose (timing for that would be improbable)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)