Author Topic: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel  (Read 299549 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel
« Reply #420 on: October 01, 2020, 10:13:55 AM »
If we were going based off Israel's policy, it's antibodies, positive PCR and negative PCR.

Once we're making up new tests to use, I think my suggestion is more backed by medical science, which has never determined antibodies as a reliable predictor of future immunity. And in fact, we know that people who tested positive for antibodies months ago are getting it. We don't yet know of that means if they would have been tested for antibodies a week before they got sick whether they would have shown as positive or negative. There's just not enough data.

Israel's concern is if someone has the virus when they enter. Whether they had antibodies in April is wholly irrelevant. My comment was also predicated on the fact that if someone contracted the virus in the airport or on the plane, a test on arrival wouldn't catch it, as the minimum incubation period is believed to be 48 hours.

I don't see what bringing test results from months ago is supposed to be showing.

Here you are going on assumptions. No-one is talking about an antibody test from April (I don't think there were such tests back then) or even from June (when I got tested). Everything is predicated on a CURRENT test.

If someone doesn't have a positive PCR test, what would be a more reliable indicator of PUBLIC SAFETY, a rapid test upon arrival followed by a PCR test a couple of days later, both coming up negative, or a positive antibody test (and possibly a PCR test) shortly prior to arrival, followed by a negative PCR test upon arrival? Please tell us based on your own logic, and/or based on any medical research, documentation, or report.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:17:41 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #421 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
O don't believe a lab would release any info about a patient, even if just asked if the patient was there.
But a kashe oif a mayseh.

1. You might be right.
2. The weakest link is the human link, depending on who responded, things could get through.
3. If a Health Ministry of a Sovereign Government is saying we suspect forgery and would just like to know if the document presented to us is authentic or not, I think that might pass even with privacy laws being followed.
-- Dan

Offline Eb228

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 01, 2020, 10:17:01 AM »
Here you are going on assumptions. No-one is talking about an antibody test from April (I don't think there were such tests back then) or even from June (when I got tested).
I tested for antibodies in April, Bikur cholim's first drive was in April

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 01, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »
I tested for antibodies in April, Bikur cholim's first drive was in April

I also went to get tested by Mt. Sinai in Williamsburg and never heard back from them. I was told that there could be a multitude of reasons, they never told me that I was negative for antibodies, but they never called me to give plasma. Two months later I tested positive for antibodies.
-- Dan

Offline darth

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 01, 2020, 10:45:23 AM »
If one has a positive test followed by a negative test at a later date from Hadassah Ein Kerem do they need to quarantine upon there return to Israel if they leave? I'm pretty certain the policy until now is that they did not have to but have policies changed during this lockdown?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 01, 2020, 11:16:36 AM »
If one has a positive test followed by a negative test at a later date from Hadassah Ein Kerem do they need to quarantine upon there return to Israel if they leave? I'm pretty certain the policy until now is that they did not have to but have policies changed during this lockdown?

AFAIK any Kupat Cholim Dr. can release from quarantine based on that, but one would need a Kupat Cholim Dr. to sign off on the release.
-- Dan

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 01, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
Thanks. Next time when quoting Israeli media that are notoriously bad at fact based reporting, I should paste the whole quote...

Let me see if I understand - Foreigners can so whatever they want (provided they get an entry permit to begin with and quarantine for 14 days on arrival), but citizens can't leave unless they already purchased a ticket or get an exception?
The government decision last night can still be modified today by a Kenneset committee. However, prima facie the rules prohibit one from leaving a 1km radius from their home, and going to the airport to fly is included in that ban. Presumably somebody who doesn’t have a permanent abode in Israel can leave freely.

An early draft of the same government restrictions had an explicit exemption for foreign passport holders which has since been removed.

The government decision dictates that there should be new forms at the airport by tomorrow with a checklist of permitted reasons to have left home and come to the airport. False declarations on the forms will be considered a felony.

Here is a live link to the Kenneset committee that is currently deliberating other elements of the new gov't restrictions (insurance brokers)
https://main.knesset.gov.il/News/Broadcast/pages/default.aspx?pos=tv
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:22:52 AM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline shulemw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »
Israel does not count nothing on antibodies.

The way you leave quarantine is by having a positive and negative test from abroad. Then you make another test in israel and once thats negative you send all 3 tests to the Ministry Of Health and they send you a document stating you don't need to be in quarantine anymore

This doc will help you even when you come back again

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 01, 2020, 12:02:35 PM »
Israel does not count nothing on antibodies.

The way you leave quarantine is by having a positive and negative test from abroad. Then you make another test in israel and once thats negative you send all 3 tests to the Ministry Of Health and they send you a document stating you don't need to be in quarantine anymore

This doc will help you even when you come back again

That is indeed the official policy, however, with the right connections, there are exceptions.
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2020, 03:39:12 PM »
Starting to look like NY in March R"L

Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »
Starting to look like NY in March R"L

Is R' Kalminovitz covid related? It doesn't say that anywhere.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »
Is R' Kalminovitz covid related? It doesn't say that anywhere.
Says it in the article. Also, double pneumonia and lung infection in an area with an out of control outbreak would lead one to suspect COVID-19.

Irony: The Gadol on the left has been of the fiercest corona-truthers in the frum world, mandating masks in his Kehillah early on and warning harshly of the potential ramifications of infecting others. The Gadol on the right has been of the fiercest corona-deniers, encouraging packing batei midrashim and shuls “Berov Am” and openly denying there being any connection between precautions and lack of infection.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
Says it in the article. Also, double pneumonia and lung infection in an area with an out of control outbreak would lead one to suspect COVID-19.

Irony: The Gadol on the left has been of the fiercest corona-truthers in the frum world, mandating masks in his Kehillah early on and warning harshly of the potential ramifications of infecting others. The Gadol on the right has been of the fiercest corona-deniers, encouraging packing batei midrashim and shuls “Berov Am” and openly denying there being any connection between precautions and lack of infection.

What can we infer from said irony?
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #433 on: October 01, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
That Rabbi Kalmanowitz was right? :P
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2020, 08:38:48 PM »
Ein Od Milvado
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 01, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
That all Jews are responsible for one another, and if one is not careful, then even the one who is careful could get sick.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 01, 2020, 10:18:04 PM »
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2020, 08:20:54 AM »
I'm fed up with the stupid overexaggerations around Covid predictions. I knew on Sunday when Netanyahu said to prepare for 1500 ICU patients by the end of the week that it was baloney. We get it, it's serious. What do you gain by making stuff up? 850 is bad, why make up 1500?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2020, 08:38:34 AM »
I'm fed up with the stupid overexaggerations around Covid predictions. I knew on Sunday when Netanyahu said to prepare for 1500 ICU patients by the end of the week that it was baloney. We get it, it's serious. What do you gain by making stuff up? 850 is bad, why make up 1500?
If only you knew what else he made it up.....
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2020, 08:59:50 AM »

Just curious - was it a prediction, or was it a model if everything stated the same (and then things changed).
Visibly Jewish