Author Topic: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel  (Read 300261 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel
« Reply #1220 on: January 21, 2021, 11:03:05 PM »
Does he allow using the internet for leisure?

At what point did he become a gadol in your eyes? At 9 years old when he was the destined Rebbe? Or only at 18 when he was actually crowned Rebbe? Or at some other point since then?
For many in the leadership the most important objective is keeping people ‘on the derech’ and for better or for worse antagonizing the rest of the country keeps the frum community polarized & segregated.
Not for this thread, but is that really the case? Is that what really works? Are they truly frum Jews if that's how they behave? Or is it just externals? Sorry for derailing a thread.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 21, 2021, 11:05:31 PM »
Not for this thread, but is that really the case? Is that what really works? Are they truly frum Jews if that's how they behave? Or is it just externals? Sorry for derailing a thread.
Sheltering people in a ghetto is effective. It’s not a cure all but it does keep many problems out.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1222 on: January 21, 2021, 11:11:22 PM »
What a load of hogwash. Really not worthy of a response. So I won't.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 21, 2021, 11:29:32 PM »
Covid is very very bad, but historically, something that under a half percent of stricken die, was never ever considered a pandemic that turned over the world.
Talk about hogwash. When did more than a million people die of something that the world didn't turn over? They call it 'unprecedented' for a reason. How many lives does it take to inconvenience your majesty to wear a mask?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 21, 2021, 11:38:59 PM »
Talk about hogwash. When did more than a million people die of something that the world didn't turn over? They call it 'unprecedented' for a reason. How many lives does it take to inconvenience your majesty to wear a mask?

I urge you to go through the birth and death records from Europe. I did, for the towns where my ancestors lived in Lithuania. You'll be surprised. There was almost no such thing that a person lived to ripe old age. People died young from every sort of malady that Hashem has thankfully given us the treatments for today. Every single year babies, small kids, teenagers, young mothers and fathers died r"l.

Covid is very very serious and bad, but it doesn't compare to the mortality rate in Europe before the war from a whole range of sicknesses.

I forgot where I read all the records. Was fascinating and scary.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 21, 2021, 11:44:02 PM »
I urge you to go through the birth and death records from Europe. I did, for the towns where my ancestors lived in Lithuania. You'll be surprised. There was almost no such thing that a person lived to ripe old age. People died young from every sort of malady that Hashem has thankfully given us the treatments for today. Every single year babies, small kids, teenagers, young mothers and fathers died r"l.

Covid is very very serious and bad, but it doesn't compare to the mortality rate in Europe before the war from a whole range of sicknesses.

I forgot where I read all the records. Was fascinating and scary.
Using that logic we shouldn't complain about 9/11 because it pales in comparison to WW2. It's incredible that somebody would actually make such an inane argument. Don't try to preserve life because 100 years ago they didn't know how to.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 21, 2021, 11:46:18 PM »
This time it really was the police that provoked it.
What happened?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 21, 2021, 11:56:08 PM »
What happened?
A violent mob of Viznitz Mendele chassidim nearly lynched 2 cops earlier today, and the Police went in late at night for arrests retribution and to create deterrence. Of course it's all on the backdrop of a very poor and suffering Israeli population who are agitated seeing many frum people brazenly inconsiderate of public health safety, while it appears the virus is spreading by Arabs and Charedim much more than it is by the average Israeli, and the Frum parties have enough political power to dissuade any real enforcement.

The hospitals are near collapse with an estimated 25% extra deaths due to lack of care and sick doctors working with IV drips, but there are still large public weddings in the Charedi world.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 22, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »
Using that logic we shouldn't complain about 9/11 because it pales in comparison to WW2. It's incredible that somebody would actually make such an inane argument. Don't try to preserve life because 100 years ago they didn't know how to.

Stupid argument, because we continued on with life after 9/11. Nothing affecting everyday life was implemented.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 22, 2021, 12:08:05 AM »
A violent mob of Viznitz Mendele chassidim nearly lynched 2 cops earlier today, and the Police went in late at night for arrests retribution and to create deterrence. Of course it's all on the backdrop of a very poor and suffering Israeli population who are agitated seeing many frum people brazenly inconsiderate of public health safety, while it appears the virus is spreading by Arabs and Charedim much more than it is by the average Israeli, and the Frum parties have enough political power to dissuade any real enforcement.

The hospitals are near collapse with an estimated 25% extra deaths due to lack of care and sick doctors working with IV drips, but there are still large public weddings in the Charedi world.

It's all on the backdrop of Israeli police being typical ערסים.
Find the perps and jail them. They aren't supposed to be worse than the criminals, while tonight they definitely were. Much worse.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: January 22, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »
Stupid argument, because we continued on with life after 9/11. Nothing affecting everyday life was implemented.
Lol, calling any of this an 'argument' is an overstatement.

What kind of life saving measure did they neglect 100 years ago (or at any point in history) at the expense of widespread mortality for the sake of not interfering with 'everyday life'?

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 22, 2021, 12:16:02 AM »

I'm confused. How did it start? I thought you said the police provoked it?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 22, 2021, 12:21:22 AM »
I'm confused. How did it start? I thought you said the police provoked it?
There was a lynch in the afternoon and the cops came back at night for an ‘eye for an eye’ revenge. They wanted to make an impression. Of course it takes two to tango but the cops lit the fuse on these specific events

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 22, 2021, 12:22:56 AM »
There was a lynch in the afternoon and the cops came back at night for an ‘eye for an eye’ revenge. They wanted to make an impression. Of course it takes two to tango but the cops lit the fuse on these specific events
Ok so what caused the original thing?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 22, 2021, 12:32:42 AM »
Ok so what caused the original thing?
An attempt by some crazy Viznitz Mendele chassidim to preemptively intimidate police from enforcing Israeli lockdown measures in Bnei Brak. There was a big wedding shut down a night or two ago.

https://twitter.com/itayblumental/status/1352328064496238597?s=21

https://twitter.com/itayblumental/status/1352336683962949643?s=21

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 22, 2021, 12:38:05 AM »
An attempt by some crazy Viznitz Mendele chassidim to preemptively intimidate police from enforcing Israeli lockdown measures in Bnei Brak. There was a big wedding shut down a night or two ago.

https://twitter.com/itayblumental/status/1352328064496238597?s=21

https://twitter.com/itayblumental/status/1352336683962949643?s=21
Wow

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 22, 2021, 01:11:29 AM »
I love to see how those who detest routinely the protesting styles of Meah shearim and Peleg, over נתוחי מתים & גיוס, adopt a much more vile version of it to defend "big weddings".

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 22, 2021, 06:44:48 AM »
I was horrified by the attack on the undercover police earlier, but seeing the police violence for violence sake for the entire city, I'm rethinking. Criminals in uniform. Fighting between two gangs. Don't need to feel so bad.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 22, 2021, 06:45:15 AM »
Positive rate in Israel was 8.9% yesterday.

223.5k were vaccinated!

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #1239 on: January 22, 2021, 07:00:58 AM »
I was horrified by the attack on the undercover police earlier, but seeing the police violence for violence sake for the entire city, I'm rethinking. Criminals in uniform. Fighting between two gangs. Don't need to feel so bad.

That video is unforgivable. Those people should be shipped to Gaza where they have similar views.