Author Topic: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel  (Read 299244 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: The current state of COVID-19 in Israel
« Reply #1600 on: February 04, 2021, 02:26:24 PM »
I see you as far worse than the dumb one in the room. You will pay a heavy price for it.

While I understand the sentiment, posts like these do more harm than good.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1601 on: February 04, 2021, 02:27:34 PM »
Did you notice that I'm asking questions, not stating facts? So no- I have no idea where the new strain comes from. I did hear from afew sources that Rabbi Twerski took the covid vaccine, & was niftar afew days later. If anyone has a statement disproving that, please share.
Rabbi Twersky had received the first dose one week earlier, too early for it to have provided protection.

Thousands of people have died of COVID in Israel recently, the vast majority of them not having been vaccinated yet.

Millions of people have been vaccinated in Israel recently, with close to zero of them having died.

Is it harder to see the causal link now?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 04, 2021, 02:28:58 PM »
Correct, but I don't know if or when he got vaccinated. For all I know he got ill two weeks after his second dose (timing for that would be improbable)
From what she was quoting (and from what I heard from others, (don't think that they are necessarily reliable), it was a few days after the first dose.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1603 on: February 04, 2021, 02:30:02 PM »
Really lame example. Listen guys, I've shared how I feel about this, & I have no issue being seen as the dumb kid in the room. For now, I don't have an answer for myself or anyone else. Most of you clearly do & I respect that! I hope I can come to a clear conclusion soon.
If you don’t have answers and can’t debate the argument on its merits, why are you disagreeing? Didn’t you say you’re coming with an open mind to find the truth?

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 04, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
I see you as far worse than the dumb one in the room. You will pay a heavy price for it.
I guess it became a sin to be skeptical & debate something you're unsure of. I enjoy debating topics in a respectable manner. It seems you feel strongly about your views and those who don't agree with you will be punished.

I rest my case.
Chaya L.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: February 04, 2021, 02:35:06 PM »
You didn't make a case.

No one is censoring you here. You can speak your mind, but to be honest, you really didn't bring anything to prop up your stated argument.
I rest my case.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1606 on: February 04, 2021, 02:35:59 PM »
I guess it became a sin to be skeptical & debate something you're unsure of. I enjoy debating topics in a respectable manner. It seems you feel strongly about your views and those who don't agree with you will be punished.

I rest my case.
He is using strong language but I believe he is insinuating that you are deliberately spreading misinformation to prevent others from taking the vaccine (in which case one would presumably be committing an aveira). What would you respond to that? Are you genuinely curious and open, or are you trying to dissuade others from taking the vaccine?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 04, 2021, 02:41:55 PM »
The overwhelming majority of Rabbis & doctors in Israel are instructing everybody to get vaccinated. Anybody who doesn’t get vaccinated and doesn’t stay 100% isolated is drilling a hole in the collective lifeboat and directly responsible for the ongoing maladies including lockdown and bittul Torah ועתיד ליתן את הדין.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 04, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »
The overwhelming majority of Rabbis & doctors in Israel are instructing everybody to get vaccinated. Anybody who doesn’t get vaccinated and doesn’t stay 100% isolated is drilling a hole in the collective lifeboat and directly responsible for the ongoing maladies including lockdown and bittul Torah ועתיד ליתן את הדין.
Things are getting spicy!

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 04, 2021, 02:46:22 PM »
He is using strong language but I believe he is insinuating that you are deliberately spreading misinformation to prevent others from taking the vaccine (in which case one would presumably be committing an aveira). What would you respond to that? Are you genuinely curious and open, or are you trying to dissuade others from taking the vaccine?
Not at all looking to stop someone from taking the vaccine. I am in no way qualified to make that call. I'm sorry if I came across like that.
Chaya L.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 04, 2021, 02:49:52 PM »
Not at all looking to stop someone from taking the vaccine. I am in no way qualified to make that call. I'm sorry if I came across like that.
But you do understand that is the result if you spread FUD, right?

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 04, 2021, 02:53:55 PM »
But you do understand that is the result if you spread FUD, right?
What does FUD stand for?
Chaya L.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 04, 2021, 02:55:24 PM »
What does FUD stand for?
Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 04, 2021, 02:59:50 PM »
... vs. the likelihood that I'll be able to avoid getting Covid altogether. You can't discount that part of the equation.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=21675.0

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1614 on: February 04, 2021, 03:01:08 PM »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 04, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »
I reminisce about the good old days of .... last week, was it?... when we had such an outpouring of kumbaya.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=123131.msg2396061#msg2396061

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1616 on: February 04, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
I reminisce about the good old days of .... last week, was it?... when we had such an outpouring of kumbaya.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=123131.msg2396061#msg2396061
BOO

Offline aisrael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 04, 2021, 03:36:33 PM »
anyone have update if lockdown ending tom?

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 04, 2021, 03:51:21 PM »
I did hear from afew sources that Rabbi Twerski took the covid vaccine, & was niftar afew days later. If anyone has a statement disproving that, please share.
I admit I was also worried when I heard that.  Not that it was from the vaccine, but that I heard that he had died while being treated from Covid.  At least that was in the news I had read:
" He was Niftar after contracting COVID-19 last week and had been hospitalized in a a hospital in Eretz Yisroel. He was 90."
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/boruch-dayan-emmes/1944039/petira-of-rabbi-dr-a-j-twerski-ztl-niftar-from-covid-19-in-eretz-yisroel.html

So someone who was knowledgeable about medicine and had managed to avoid catching Covid for almost a year, suddenly gets it.... the same week he got the vaccine?  I heard of a few other instances like this, and it seems to me that the most likely explanation is that they were infected around the time of getting the shot - either from the driver who took them, the medical personnel who administered it, the other people coming for vaccinations at the same time.  Some of the pictures you see where vaccinations are being given show people in small rooms, or many people together, which makes it easier for an airborne virus to travel.  This photo shows 2 people getting the vaccine, from 2 technicians, but it looks like another 9 people are within breathing distance.
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2020-12-18/card/lChtd0BqejvmRcSHelzk

This in itself is not a reason to avoid the vaccine, of course, but it is a reason to try to select the circumstances in which one gets it, to avoid having to be in a crowded space.

I had been wishing that people who catch Covid around the time of vaccination would publicize how they think they got it.  And then, just this morning, I got such a phone call from family in Israel.  I hadn't been wishing it would happen to someone I know, but it did.  She's been carefully isolating due to contact with a vulnerable person, so she got the vaccine, and a week later came down with symptoms, and tested positive.  The rest of her family tested negative to the virus, she quarantined, and is BH fine now.  So how did she get infected with Covid?  She remembered that the technician who gave her the shot seemed to be sniffling.  Well, it was winter, maybe he had a cold, or allergies?  But then she had another thought, and had her family tested for antibodies.  Sure enough, her young child, who had been going to school and had not had symptoms tested positive for antibodies.  So she she can't be sure whether it was from the technician or that her son caught the virus in school, and brought it home to her, around the same time that she happened to get the vaccine. 

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1619 on: February 04, 2021, 03:53:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/yair_kraus/status/1357357902810521602

100% effectiveness against severe disease.

Within the same timeframe (or even further out) how many people who recovered got infected again?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan