Author Topic: Are we going too far?  (Read 135212 times)

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline 123-Rosh

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Are we going too far?
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »
Dems Objected to More States in 2016 Election, ‘But Somehow We’re Wrong?’

https://rumble.com/embed/va51e5/?pub=4

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:12:02 PM by 123-Rosh »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2021, 06:40:20 PM »
I saw this copied from Twitter like this. I don't have the link to the thread -

1) A couple of hours ago, I tweeted out that this tweet referred to me. Shortly after, I deleted that tweet. After much introspection, and talking with friends and family, I feel obligated to reveal why I deleted it.

Quote Tweet
Mark
@MarkFooterman
Jan 12
A very talented friend of mine, who interned w/ @GOPLeader, and at 20 was one of the highest ranked staffers in the Trump campaign, was just fired from his new job when client found out he worked for Trump. He now can't afford rent. Still think cancel culture isn't that serious?
2) After identifying myself as the subject of the thread, @Fly_PJS reached out to me, threatening to take legal action and publicly defame me if I didn't delete the tweet. Intimidated and nervous, I immediately deleted it.

3) But after thinking about it, and discussing my rights of free speech with advisors, I will not be bullied into silence. I'm now going to raise my voice louder.

4) In early January, PJS hired me to be a concierge for a contract they had with the
@NHL team, @Canes. Having worked with PJS as an operations associate for Trump Campaign HQ, I eagerly accepted the position-excited to join a company I had developed a personal relationship with.

5) After receiving a laptop, establishing a work email, and even purchasing additional work clothes, I prepared to travel to Raleigh, NC today for training. Yesterday evening, around 7 PM, PJS called and fired me without explanation.

6) I was devastated. I had gone from being employed to unemployed in a matter of seconds, and I hadn't done anything wrong.

7) I called the owner of PJS and asked for any explanation, and he told me very bluntly: the @NHL found out I worked for the Trump campaign and threatened to cancel the contract with PJS unless they fired me.

8 ) Instead of standing up for me, instead of explaining to the NHL that I, as a person, am not solely defined by my previous work on the Trump campaign, they fired me for their own company's financial gain.

9) I was upset and disappointed, but I didn't initially blame them for this decision. I wish they had stood up for me...they didn't. I didn't have any animosity towards PJS, until they tried to bully me into silence.

10) So now I'm sharing the story, in its entirety. Even though the owner told me this afternoon that he would deny everything I say if this went any further. But this is the truth, and I feel more empowered and supported if I share it with all of you.

11) I can't begin to thank all of the people who helped me through this, and have reached out to me on Twitter, LinkedIn, and by email to help. Thank you all so much! I look forward to continuing to voice the truth so this never happens to a conservative again.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »
I saw this copied from Twitter like this. I don't have the link to the thread -
https://m.twitter.com/dawsonbuchanan_/status/1349175838521106436

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Shaya E

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 19, 2021, 05:04:20 PM »

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 19, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »
Why do you think this is "going to far"? Do you have a reason to believe he is the most qualified?
“His nomination is groundbreaking and shows the Biden administration will choose the most qualified intersectional individuals to lead our nation regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, qualifications” FTFE

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 19, 2021, 06:09:57 PM »
Why do you think this is "going to far"? Do you have any reason she shouldn't qualify?

Don't know why it's in this thread, but this guy put in place the same policy regarding nursing homes that NY had. Meanwhile, he transfered his mother out of the nursing home she was in to protect her...

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 19, 2021, 07:13:11 PM »

Meh. Replies reference a smattering of his twitter history, and it's not surprising that a sports team would steer clear.

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »
Why do you think this is "going to far"? Do you have any reason she shouldn't qualify?
Most people I know, believe people like that have a mental illness. So that’s a possible reason to qualify as going to far...

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #393 on: January 19, 2021, 07:44:32 PM »
Most people I know, believe people like that have a mental illness. So that’s a possible reason to qualify as going to far...

"mental illness" is such a vast spectrum and is hardly disqualifying in a vast majority of cases.

ETA: which is not to say I agree that it is in fact mental illness. And unless most of the people you know are psychiatrists, why should you take their diagnosis all that seriously?

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 19, 2021, 07:53:37 PM »
"mental illness" is such a vast spectrum and is hardly disqualifying in a vast majority of cases.

ETA: which is not to say I agree that it is in fact mental illness. And unless most of the people you know are psychiatrists, why should you take their diagnosis all that seriously?
I would take this conversation further but pls excuse me,  Its making me too nauseous

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2021, 08:08:01 PM »
I would take this conversation further but pls excuse me,  Its making me too nauseous

Or maybe think for a second of the number of people you know who are mentally ill, and statistically speaking that includes some in your immidiate family, and think that you just lumped them all together with behavior that you can't even speak about in a vague sense without getting nauseous.

Mental illness isn't a bucket to put any behavior you don't understand or that grosses you out. And it certainly isn't a huge bucket to put anyone you want to shun. Think of a kid hearing these conversations, and then when he realizes he suffers from depression and is mentally ill, he now is the same as a trans person who doesn't deserve a place in society with gainful employment, according to you and "most people you know."

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2021, 08:08:30 PM »

Agree

When discussing the condition, (not a specific person), I think it's pretty obvious that a person who is so uncomfortable with the way their body looks that they feel the need to go through extreme medical intervention to change is suffering from a mental disorder.

How to treat that disorder is a completely different discussion.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #397 on: January 19, 2021, 08:30:35 PM »
Agree

When discussing the condition, (not a specific person), I think it's pretty obvious that a person who is so uncomfortable with the way their body looks that they feel the need to go through extreme medical intervention to change is suffering from a mental disorder.

How to treat that disorder is a completely different discussion.

I don't agree or disagree. Can we leave the diagnosies to the psychiatrists? Having "most people I know" making these comments based on the Ben Shapiro show is certainly not doing anyone any favors..

Yes, I know this is rich coming from the guy who diagnoses covid based on anonymous internet forum posts.

If you want to make the case this person is not qualified for the job, make it based on professional history not some vague claims of mental illness which, even if true, likely have no bearing on the person's qualifications.

Offline Shaya E

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2021, 08:35:46 PM »
“His nomination is groundbreaking and shows the Biden administration will choose the most qualified intersectional individuals to lead our nation regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, qualifications” FTFE
"She won past confirmation by the Republican-majority Pennsylvania Senate and has emerged as the public face of the state's response to the coronavirus pandemic."

"A graduate of Harvard and of Tulane Medical School, Levine is president of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. She's written in the past on the opioid crisis, medical marijuana, adolescent medicine, eating disorders"

Again, do you know anything about her or are you just deciding she isn't qualified without any evidence?

Offline Shaya E

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2021, 08:36:28 PM »
I don't agree or disagree. Can we leave the diagnosies to the psychiatrists? Having "most people I know" making these comments based on the Ben Shapiro show is certainly not doing anyone any favors..

Yes, I know this is rich coming from the guy who diagnoses covid based on anonymous internet forum posts.

If you want to make the case this person is not qualified for the job, make it based on professional history not some vague claims of mental illness which, even if true, likely have no bearing on the person's qualifications.
+1