Author Topic: Dating Stories  (Read 26464 times)

Offline bestwatchman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Stories
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 10:16:59 PM »
Dating on zoom, and a huge bug crawls up the wall in back of her...
it was a virtual background. She was texting what your reaction would be.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 10:19:40 PM »
We went out on 2 dates :)
What's her DDF username?  :P

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2020, 10:27:17 PM »
What's her DDF username?  :P
Gosh. I hope not.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
Officially a true story (I think), though it's probably closer to fiction:

In People Speak 3, Chaim Walder has a great dating story called "The Cola Test".

In short, it's written from the perspective of a Jewish cleaning lady in Eretz Yisroel who learns that a date has been set up between the children of two of her clients. However, one family is friendly, nice, great people, while the other is mean, obnoxious, terrible people. Feeling that she cannot allow the nice boy to be duped by the witch of a girl, the cleaning lady commissions her nephew to pose as a waiter at the hotel where the date is taking place. He purposefully spills a cup of coke all over the girl, and she explodes in a fit of profanities etc. The boy quickly realizes that there is more to the girl than he thought and breaks the shidduch.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 10:34:51 PM »
so 2 stories:

a girls father was very large-overweight even. on the date i started telling a story of a guy who was on an alpine slide going really fast bc he was a big guy and guys were making fun of him bc he was very fat. a dumb excuse for a story but as i was about to exlpain to her y the guys were poking fun i remembered her father.... :-X :-X :-X...now i ask you-how do you end the story without saying it was funny bc he was big n not insult her?? i had to just trash the story and quickly move on to something else. it was worse than you can imagine :-[

a different story:
i ran out of gas in middle of driving to the hotel lounge and was stranded on the side of the highway until my mother ( :-[ :-\) came with extra gas
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
Going to hotel lobbies, I've had people ask us if we're staying the night, it's a beautiful hotel! I've had a waitress wink at me while the girl stepped away and tell me, "good luck!" (Maybe she just meant "if it's bashert"?)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2020, 11:00:37 PM »
Going to hotel lobbies, I've had people ask us if we're staying the night, it's a beautiful hotel! I've had a waitress wink at me while the girl stepped away and tell me, "good luck!" (Maybe she just meant "if it's bashert"?)
It certainly is funny that so many of our first dates are in hotels. We don't waste any time  ;D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2020, 11:05:43 PM »
It certainly is funny that so many of our first dates are in hotels. We don't waste any time  ;D
i wonder what other (@CountValentine) people think ..?

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2020, 11:11:22 PM »
I was in the Marriott Marquis rotating lounge with the dating game, perfect matches. Waitress comes over and sees it, "Ooh, I love that game. Ask me one of the questions."
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 11:12:32 PM »

a different story:
i ran out of gas in middle of driving to the hotel lounge and was stranded on the side of the highway until my mother ( :-[ :-\ ) came with extra gas
You remind me of one of my daughter's dates.  He filled up on gas after  he picked her up - late. It showed that he's unprepared.  Not a good trait.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 11:26:20 PM »
Nooooooooooo
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 11:44:23 PM »
You remind me of one of my daughter's dates.  He filled up on gas after  he picked her up - late. It showed that he's unprepared.  Not a good trait.
that was me. you dont rememeber me? :P
but fyi my gas gauge in my old car was broken and it said empty even when i filled it up so i didnt believe it was empty. I'm very not the late unprepared type-like to a fault. which is why it was so shocking

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 11:59:49 PM »
Chaim Yankel is going on his first Shidduch date. Chaim is very shy, and hasn't really talked to any girls, so before the date, his father gives him this advice: "Since you're dating for the sake of marriage, your conversations need to be tachlisdik (functional) - you need to cover three topics: Food - you need to know if your food tastes are compatible; Family - you need to know her approach to family and family values, and Philosophy - which will help you understand how she thinks and who she is as a person." Chaim repeats this to his dad - "Food, Family, Philosophy, got it", and heads off to pick up his date.

Because Chaim and his date are both shy, things, as you imagine aren't going well. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Chaim remembers his first topic - Food. He turns to his date and asks: "Tell me, do you like soup?". His date looks at him, and simply replies, "No".

After a few more minutes of awkward silence, Chaim moves on to topic #2 - Family - "Tell me, " he asks her, " does your brother like soup?" She replies: "I don't have any brothers".

After a few more minutes of awkward silence, Chaim moves on to topic #3 - Philosophy - "Tell me," he asks, " If you had a brother, do you think he'd like Soup?"

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 12:06:37 AM »
["-"]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2020, 12:18:40 AM »
that was me. you dont rememeber me? :P
but fyi my gas gauge in my old car was broken and it said empty even when i filled it up so i didnt believe it was empty. I'm very not the late unprepared type-like to a fault. which is why it was so shocking
I had a van with a broken gas gauge for a few years. To make it worse, I had free gas fillups, so we had to balance between maximizing free tanks and minimizing breakdowns...which didn't always work so well.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:54 AM »
I had a van with a broken gas gauge for a few years. To make it worse, I had free gas fillups, so we had to balance between maximizing free tanks and minimizing breakdowns...which didn't always work so well.
thats awful. It’s like putting a piece of cake in front of a kid and only let him have one bite

Offline yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2020, 12:23:56 AM »
You had me here. Yikes.
While there are ways to keep Zoom dating fun with out-of-the box ideas, the first date is max 1 hour.
The subsequent few dates are a grueling 2-3 hours just being face to face.
Whereas, in a regular date setting, things are happening around you - things you can talk about, take your mind off for a second, or even to just pause and think without being face to face.
Testing times indeed.

it was a virtual background. She was texting what your reaction would be.
ROFL!!
It was VERY REAL  ::)
Make stuff happen.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2020, 12:24:52 AM »

Framed differently this makes a lot of sense: Dan got so good at sensing when the tank was nearly empty, so as to maximize the free gas fills, that we didn’t bother fixing the broken gauge.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2020, 12:25:34 AM »
While there are ways to keep Zoom dating fun with out-of-the box ideas, the first date is max 1 hour.
The subsequent few dates are a grueling 2-3 hours just being face to face.
I wouldn't be able to do that.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »
Framed differently this makes a lot of sense: Dan got so good at sensing when the tank was nearly empty, so as to maximize the free gas fills, that we didn’t bother fixing the broken gauge.
Fixing the gauge on a rusting out Chevy Venture with 150K miles on it? Heck no.
But eventually I had a good formula for highway miles and city miles to know when to fill.