Author Topic: Cell phone Porting / Best VOIP  (Read 1096 times)

Offline MMM88

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Cell phone Porting / Best VOIP
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
I will be studying in Israel over the next few years and want to keep my verizon phone number. I have been looking for the best way to do this which will give me the most flexibility at the lowest price. what I am looking for is the following:

- Number portability that will keep my number secure so that I will not lose the number if something goes wrong
- The ability to port the number back to a cell phone provider if/when I return to the states.
- Either a good quality VOIP service or cheap call forwarding to my VOIP line in Israel.
- Possibly a VOIP that I could use on an android phone over the internet to call anywhere in NA from my cell phone.
- It would be cool if there was a way for me to own the number personally and use it on any provider I want...
- Is it possible that I should just switch my number to verizon pay as you go and use it to forward to my VOIP as a secondary number for people who won't call often? (until I return and make that my primary again?)

Ideally Google voice porting would be the best, but I don't know how long I can wait.
I am willing to pay for the porting, but don't want such high monthly fees.

This should be a fun experiment!
Any ideas?????

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
Re: Cell phone Porting / Best VOIP
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »
Put it on a hold its like 10 a month or even less...