Author Topic: ZIPCAR CANCELED MY RESERVATION  (Read 1709 times)

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ZIPCAR CANCELED MY RESERVATION
« on: June 15, 2020, 11:27:10 AM »
while i was trying to book a reservation the past Friday, i realized that their website is glitchy, which instead of charging $10 hour it says $0, so i made a booking starting today for 2 weeks for the cost of $600 instead of $1600,  (since their system only charged the weekend), today in the morning they canceled that and rebooked it with the higher price, will i be able to dispute and win it if i take the car based on the first booking? or  does the DOT come in to play or they are only for airline?
TIA

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: ZIPCAR CANCELED MY RESERVATION
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:29:04 PM »
while i was trying to book a reservation the past Friday, i realized that their website is glitchy, which instead of charging $10 hour it says $0, so i made a booking starting today for 2 weeks for the cost of $600 instead of $1600,  (since their system only charged the weekend), today in the morning they canceled that and rebooked it with the higher price, will i be able to dispute and win it if i take the car based on the first booking? or  does the DOT come in to play or they are only for airline?
TIA
If they tried to change it after you picked up the car, then you have a chance of keeping it as is / dispute. If the price was raised before you got there, then by you picking up the car, you're agreeing to the higher / active price.

Would they be willing to give you an "in between price" (You only rented it because it was $600 for 2 weeks).

Are there no rental cars near you that are better priced?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »
In the name of all of us here at DDF, I would like to thank the OP for not writing the entire first post in CAPS. While I understand that frustration drove you to write the title in all CAPS, most frustrated posters will subsequently keep CAPS locked for the duration of the entire first post, must to the chagrin of all of us readers.

As such, I think you deserve some gratitude for releasing the button and allowing us to read the post in an enjoyable manner.

Wish there were more people in the world like you.

Offline tov hashem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 06:03:30 PM »
THANKS  ALL WITH CAPS!!!!!

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 06:04:34 PM »
In the name of all of us here at DDF, I would like to thank the OP for not writing the entire first post in CAPS. While I understand that frustration drove you to write the title in all CAPS, most frustrated posters will subsequently keep CAPS locked for the duration of the entire first post, must to the chagrin of all of us readers.

As such, I think you deserve some gratitude for releasing the button and allowing us to read the post in an enjoyable manner.

Wish there were more people in the world like you.
Like the  BORO PARK CORONA thread.
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline tov hashem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 06:06:26 PM »
If they tried to change it after you picked up the car, then you have a chance of keeping it as is / dispute. If the price was raised before you got there, then by you picking up the car, you're agreeing to the higher / active price.

Would they be willing to give you an "in between price" (You only rented it because it was $600 for 2 weeks).

Are there no rental cars near you that are better priced?
ZIPCAR  includes free gas with rental. yes it was canceled before picking up