Topic Wiki

If you like a post linked on this thread, be sure to click on the post link and then like it, so that the original post should get the like and not the repost here.

Also, please only nominate posts from other DDFers.
« Last edited by YitzyS on June 17, 2020, 09:13:50 PM »

Author Topic: Posts that didn't get their deserved number of likes  (Read 55985 times)

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Posts that didn't get their deserved number of likes
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2020, 11:21:26 PM »
It was referenced in the crown heights lab thread

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 11:23:42 PM »
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=100475.msg2041708#msg2041708

There was this in the same thread

The main thing is to ensure that there's Bartenura for kiddush as I only drink ליובאוויטשער סחיטה.

As well as a bunch of others

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2020, 11:26:30 PM »
There was this in the same thread

As well as a bunch of others
That was a great thread....I miss those blissful days of the golden years of DDF

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2020, 11:31:44 PM »
That was a great thread....I miss those blissful days of the golden years of DDF
Like flights to TLV with Americans, they shall return one day :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2020, 08:21:55 AM »
Epic.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum and I wish you would go away.
You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?
If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.
And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.
On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.
The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.
P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, Byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, abrasive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-retarded, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »
Epic.

Forgot about that post. Now I can win every internet argument once again.
Visibly Jewish

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »
Your daily reminder: Not one single person burning, looting, running over cops and using high grade explosives in the US is a Trump supporter.

If they were, the media would have told us, 50,000 times.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2020, 10:47:40 PM »
I came across this old post and was loving it before I realized it was me  ;)

First, i don't believe there is technically a "pay gap" in the world at large, because we never compare apples to apples, and if you look at pay per productive hour worked at the same job with equal experience, you'll find the gap closes really fast.
Check out this and this. Even the Huffington Posts admits that career choices and women's life aspirations play the main role in the supposed "pay gap".

In fact, the 'pay gap" is largely due to 3 factors: 1) Women prefer certain jobs and degrees with a lower ceiling (women prefer jobs that incorporate socializing, men prefer jobs that incorporate machinery, etc.), 2) Women prioritize family over career (thus generally working fewer hours), and 3) Due to certain factors (childbirth/pregnancy, and other obvious reasons), even at jobs that do require more productive hours, women tend to miss ALOT more time over their career at their job.

In Lakewood, this is more pronounced than most places, as the average family has many more children than they do elsewhere. Women also get married younger than the national average. Therefore, women don't work nearly as many hours as they do elsewhere (as they have a large family to raise), as well as take a significant amount more time off (due to childbirth/pregnancies).

Additionally, college is frowned upon in Lakewood, more so than other frum communities, although the men usually end up with a BA anyway which they obtained through Yeshiva.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »
Technically still against the rules.  ;)

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2020, 12:39:47 AM »
I'm warning you to stop. Just stop. You don't have to defend sexual assault to explain why you support Trump. You can support Trump for any reason you want. Even just for the hell of it. I'm fine with that. But for the love of G-d, please do not force yourself to rationalize sexual assault. Walk away from this one.

"They let you do it" should send chills down the spine of anyone with a mother or a daughter or a sister or a wife. "They let you do it" is a sentiment completely lacking the slightest comprehension of the emotions of another human being. It doesn't matter if it's wealth, power, or fame, or a knife to your throat, "They let you do it" is not a defense against being labeled a total user but the very definition of it. Can you not see that? "They let you do it" is the defense of every child molester who grooms his victims rather than bashing them in the face and raping them. "They let you do it" is the defense of every frat boy who had sex with a drunk girl. "They let you do it" is the defense of every producer in Hollywood who uses aspiring actors for sex.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »
>:D

Seriously, though, why shouldn't posts in this board count? JS, I can understand - it's a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding. But DO posts are useful, constructive conversations, just like GD or even Trip/Destination Reports. So why don't posts on this board count?

Online cholent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Disagreed then and still do now. Many of your points are fair but they only account for some of the difference. The underlying discrimination remains.
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2020, 12:47:32 PM »
A little ironic that I got tagged in a thread that started after I quit DDF about a topic I got into since I quit  :)

I read some of the thread, but not all, so forgive me if I'm repeating things.

1) DR is catering to people who are stuck in debt. These are people who made mistakes and didn't know how to handle money. If they had good financial planning knowledge, they wouldn't be in the mess in the first place. Saying something like "Why would you pay off lower interest first?" and following that up with "I've always had financial freedome [and never been in debt]" shows you aren't the DR target.

Take me for example, and I'm saying this even though I'm not anonymous. I found DD and started opening up credit cards and earning miles. It was awesome. Did a whole bunch of things I could never have afforded. Paid my bills on time, had a amazing credit score without a penny to my name. Life happened. Expenses ended up being more than I was earning. One job cut my salary by 40% rather than fire me outright. I was never an extravagant spender, don't have a car, live in a small apartment, but the CC bills became unpayable. I did 0% balance transfers and was treading water for a while. Then I missed a payment on one card. Then another on a different card. Before I knew it I was 80k in the whole, with no shovel to dig out of it.

I hate to say it, but I worry that more DD(F)ers fell into this than we like to imagine. No CC farms, no swiping scams, just spending more than we can afford to on high interest CCs.

2) As such, the DR advice is not necessarily the most mathermatically sound advice. He says so himself. It's behavioral. It's about planning, budgeting, and being in control. It is absolutely beneficial for the kinds of people in point 1 above to pay off a smaller debts earlier, even if it is lower intrest. The whole point is to change behaviour, not be the most optimal mathematical plan.

3) I have learned his plan without reading his book (though I could, for free, at the library) or paying him a penny. I've listened to him on youtube and I got the picture. The fact that he has built a multi million dollar self help and media empire doesn't mean he preys on anyone. And even if it would have cost me $100 to learn his plan, it would have been the best $100 I'd have ever spent.

4) Some people have mentioned $1000 not being enough of an emergency fund. True, that's why it's called a *beginners* emergency fund. Step 3 grows that to 3-6 months of expenses.

5) All the talk of WL vs Mutual funds, etc. - once you get into step 4,5 & 6 you should be speaking to an advisor who can go through the options with you.

Thank G-d, I should be debt free within a month, and complete step 3 soon after that. Then I can come back to DDF to hear the outcome of the arguements for step 4, 5 and 6. :)

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
Let us know how the screen looks (and how long it takes to ship, and how much bloatware dell preloads, and why isn't your topcashback portal registering the charge, and how do you cancel the premium on site offline by phone hardware support warranty that you accidently signed up for, and why couldn't dell include a full size numberpad, and does anyone know the seemingly random reasons the backlight on the keyboard goes on and off, and how long does the battery last, and why in heavens name did I leave the cup of apple juice I was pouring for my three year old mere inches from the laptop. You know, all of it)

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2020, 01:15:31 PM »
Full size number pad often only comes with Dell's 17" laptops lately
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »
Dan's first post https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=7.msg8#msg8
That thread takes an famously entertaining twist in the middle.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2020, 07:59:53 PM »
That thread takes an famously entertaining twist in the middle.
Wow