Author Topic: Out Of Control Fireworks  (Read 25617 times)

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Out Of Control Fireworks
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1275230513402458115
im sick of these news reports. You know who does this kind of thing? ISIS. What the heck is going on in this country? We Have world class terrorists living in the neighborhood!
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2020, 10:20:21 PM »
Lawlessness and anarchy is the theme of the month!
what's next month?

Mtrasb

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2020, 01:28:50 AM »
At 10:15 the caravans will commence in the following locations:

Crown heights:
President and Kingston (on President between Kingston and brooklyn)

Flatbush/midwood:
Ocean avenue and Ave. J
(On ocean ave)

Borough park:
13th ave and 48th street
(On 13th ave)

Williamsburg:
Lee ave.  and Rutledge
(On Lee)

We will be taking over all the side streets leading up to Gracie mansion if  east end is indeed closed. We want to leave at this time to avoid issues of last minute positioning and setup and have ample time to coordinate and proceed on time.
We will be blocking the FDR on the *SOUTH BOUND SIDE* heading towards brooklyn since Gracie mansion is right on the edge by 90th street at the beginning/end of the tunnel.

All other locations out of brooklyn, please coordinate with those joining from those areas and commence a starting point to leave together.

Feel free to coordinate rides with each other if you don’t have a car as well.
Please have your blinkers flashing so other cars approaching know where to pull up too.
Bring any and as much loud making material that you have.

It happened.

A few hundred angry new Yorkers showed up to a “noisy” protest in Manhattan late Monday night, sending a “noise message” to Mayor DeBlasio.

The residents are furious that DeBlasio has done nothing to stop the fireworks plaguing the city every night until 3-4 in the morning, preventing millions of New Yorkers from being able to sleep.

In return, the protesters arrived in their vehicles and honked their horns outside Gracie Mansion, to give the Mayor a taste of what it feels like to not be able to sleep.

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2020, 01:38:58 AM »
It happened.

A few hundred angry new Yorkers showed up to a “noisy” protest in Manhattan late Monday night, sending a “noise message” to Mayor DeBlasio.

The residents are furious that DeBlasio has done nothing to stop the fireworks plaguing the city every night until 3-4 in the morning, preventing millions of New Yorkers from being able to sleep.

In return, the protesters arrived in their vehicles and honked their horns outside Gracie Mansion, to give the Mayor a taste of what it feels like to not be able to sleep.
Saw the videos and thought "Wow, that's nice. I hope the Mayor will finally do something"

Until I saw many frum yidden.

I'm still hoping for a crack down BUT WHY? Why are frum hidden protesting? Are we not classier than that? Are we not supposed to realize our place in golus- that Eisav is supposed to be in charge?

If anyone here was at the protest this question is addressed to you:

I understand the frustration the fireworks. I am suffering as well. I understand that protesting will hopefully show the mayor how the public feels about this.

But how do you want to portray the Jewish community in the long term?

I believe many religious discrimination lawsuits wouldn't have half their merits if we acted like low class citizens. This is childish and needs to stop.
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline Mikes@Micro

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2020, 01:41:22 AM »
H/t PinchosL

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2020, 09:36:35 AM »
Saw the videos and thought "Wow, that's nice. I hope the Mayor will finally do something"

I'm still hoping for a crack down BUT WHY? Why are frum hidden protesting? Are we not classier than that? Are we not supposed to realize our place in golus- that Eisav is supposed to be in charge?

I understand the frustration the fireworks. I am suffering as well. I understand that protesting will hopefully show the mayor how the public feels about this.

I believe many religious discrimination lawsuits wouldn't have half their merits if we acted like low class citizens. This is childish and needs to stop.
Im usually on your side of the argument but strangely enough this time I'm not so much. Not sure why though. Maybe bc the whole society has taken a collective step farther into insanity and the frum community has just stepped along-while keeping a basic distance. In comparison to todays insane behavior from citizens, and politicians across the board, I think the frum people, mostly led by frum politicians, are in step.
obviously I wish there be no public interactions true, that would be the optimal scenario

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2020, 10:06:44 AM »
call Debozio
917-833-2918

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2020, 11:02:13 AM »

dont be like the german obedient jews that were led to the slaughter & respected authorities because they said something, there is a time in place to be quiet & a time to scream & shout & DO. Now is time to take action in the most civilized way possible

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
Mayor De Blasio just announced that he's forming a fireworks task force including over 40 law enforcement officers, including 12 FDNY officers, to respond to illegal fireworks. It'll involve "undercover buys" & "sting operations.”

Online Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2020, 12:20:03 PM »
dont be like the german obedient jews that were led to the slaughter & respected authorities because they said something, there is a time in place to be quiet & a time to scream & shout & DO. Now is time to take action in the most civilized way possible
I wouldn’t compare the 2
But there is a time and place for everything, back then, the rabbis marched in Washington DC. This time around it’s being led by young politicians and “askanim” while veteran askanim, politicians and rabbanim  are quiet. I’d be a little wary of this movement, even though I agree with them

Offline Mikes@Micro

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2020, 12:40:10 PM »
That is not a clean comparison for many reasons:

1) The Jews during WWII could not have fought. Would not have helped. The Nazis Yimach Shemam didint ask nicely.

2) The more you try to be like the goyim the more they hate. Please read Divine Fury by Harav Avigdor Millet Zatzal.

3)this wasn't the most civilized way possible. It was done very low class.

4) our lives are not being threatened. There is no hatzolas nefashos. The fireworks are an annoyance.

5) Protesting like this is uncalled for for such a trivial issue. Based on watching videos and speaking to people who went many protested "for the fun of it." "Its a matziv" 

Back to what you said about German jews: the Nazis were animals. No opportunity to fight. Those who originally asked the question - why didint they fight? - were not frum torahdik people. Those who were there do not ask the question.

I wouldn’t compare the 2
But there is a time and place for everything, back then, the rabbis marched in Washington DC. This time around it’s being led by young politicians and “askanim” while veteran askanim, politicians and rabbanim  are quiet. I’d be a little wary of this movement, even though I agree with them

As you said "Dont compare the two" :

The Rabbis march on Washington was a revverved dignified Rabonim walking respectfully, saying tehillim, davening, respectful speeches.

Do you think [insert name of European Rosh Yeshiva Here] carried scribbled signs,  tooted horns or screamed and chanted?

As you pointed out look at who organized that march vs who organized this one:
Do you think the guy giving a speech is soooooo impassioned by the fireworks issue that he spontaneously ran to Gracie Mansion and needed to give a speech? He is a want to be politician hoping to get famous. (Or as DDF would say ___Made It!")
 There is a reason that no daas torah endorsed this.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:43:40 PM by Mikes@Micro »
H/t PinchosL

Offline Dawie

• View Profile

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2020, 09:13:08 PM »
lets see how effective the special fireworks task force will be tonight (or wants to be at least..)
im hearing some start up now..

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2020, 01:12:21 AM »
lets see how effective the special fireworks task force will be tonight (or wants to be at least..)
im hearing some start up now..
Definitely better than the last few days.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
Definitely better than the last few days.
yep you're right

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2020, 06:46:00 PM »
Maybe they are running out of fireworks.  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »
Maybe they are running out of fireworks.  :)
great cover for deBlasio if he takes the credit then 👍👍

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »
The protest worked. DeBlasio listened. Jews weren't called out and it wasn't a blight on our community. We should never be afraid to protest or feel a need to stay on the sidelines, we have the same rights as every other American and if they don't like it they can eat it.
That said, you want to be classy/high road etc, maybe find a way to publicly thank DeBlasio for taking some positive action (for once...)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2020, 10:52:59 AM »
Stop worrying about what others will say or think. The haters will always hate. You earn the respect of others by sticking up for yourself. You think the changes happening now is because people are worried about what others will say or think. Don't be weak and stick up for yourself, be heard and seen!!!

Last night we had an argument and side bar to it was a boss asking you to do something. Many said a boss asking is the same as telling you (not arguing the point). All I could think but didn't say it at the time was what a weak, scared or whatever term you want to use individual. Stick up for what is right no matter what power you think an individual has over you.

Enough of leftist liberal rant!  ;)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half