Author Topic: Is Florida less honest than China?  (Read 36203 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Is Florida less honest than China?
« on: June 22, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »
Post here stories that suggest Florida is manipulating Covid data. I'll start:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/342565-florida-changes-icu-reporting

Florida Surgeon General Scott Rivkees, who’s also the secretary of the Department of Health, said he no longer wants hospitals to report to the state the number of patients in intensive-care unit beds.

Instead, Rivkees said he only wants hospitals to report the number of patients in those beds who require what he described as an “intensive level of care.”
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is Florida less honest than China?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 06:33:43 PM »
Is this an attempt at comparing a communist country that was arresting people for being in the street, lying about every aspect of covid and a single state maybe trying to make their numbers lower ?? And is this also trying to compare a state with 20 million people to a country with 1.4 billion??? Interesting attempt at humor.
ר"ל

Offline El Capitan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Haha I wish!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:36:54 PM »
You gotta realize that until now in many areas covid-19 deaths were grossly exaggerated.
Example (and true story): A friend of my dad's died recently in an old age home and they (the old age home) didn't want to release the body until the children signed that it was a death caused by covid-19. This is blatantly untrue. He was over 100 years old and was feeling fine so there was absolutely zero evidence of this but apparently they get a significant amount of money for each death reported, so who cares?
That being said, i'm not justifying his decision. I'm only saying that NOT NECESSARILY is he wrong. He's just trying to get his numbers to a more realistic level.
Still looking for a good MS method :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »
You gotta realize that until now in many areas covid-19 deaths were grossly exaggerated.
Example (and true story): A friend of my dad's died recently in an old age home and they (the old age home) didn't want to release the body until the children signed that it was a death caused by covid-19. This is blatantly untrue. He was over 100 years old and was feeling fine so there was absolutely zero evidence of this but apparently they get a significant amount of money for each death reported, so who cares?
That being said, i'm not justifying his decision. I'm only saying that NOT NECESSARILY is he wrong. He's just trying to get his numbers to a more realistic level.
Every examination of deaths show a severe undercount of COVID19 deaths.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 06:40:16 PM »
Every examination of deaths in the West show a severe undercount of COVID19 deaths.
FTFY :D
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 06:44:47 PM »
Every examination of deaths show a severe undercount of COVID19 deaths.
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »

I’ve made this point before, but it doesn’t seem to have gotten through, so I’ll make it again: for a random Crowder who has no personal experience to rely upon they can believe whatever “facts” they’re fed but there’s no excuse for a frum Yid living in the Tri-State area (not under a rock) to not realize just how devastating the death toll is.

Just look at the anecdotal evidence. Look at how many new yesomim you know of personally, how many people Areivim is collecting for, how many Chesed Fund pages were started, how many Gedolim and Admorim were niftar. It truly defies belief.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 08:21:46 PM »
Pretty cool how @Lurker caught onto this before anyone

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »
I’ve made this point before, but it doesn’t seem to have gotten through, so I’ll make it again: for a random Crowder who has no personal experience to rely upon they can believe whatever “facts” they’re fed but there’s no excuse for a frum Yid living in the Tri-State area (not under a rock) to not realize just how devastating the death toll is.

Just look at the anecdotal evidence. Look at how many new yesomim you know of personally, how many people Areivim is collecting for, how many Chesed Fund pages were started, how many Gedolim and Admorim were niftar. It truly defies belief.
We feel everything much more because we're close knit. But there were definitely NOT 1000s of frum niftarim in ny area.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 08:24:49 PM »
We feel everything much more because we're close knit. But there were definitely NOT 1000s of frum niftarim in ny area.
We feel everything much more? There were many hundreds of people who were niftar. Did it seem like a typical flu season to you?

Nobody said there were thousands of frum people niftar from COVID in the NY area. There were, however, over a thousand.

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »

While hashem has his reasons for everything that happens we can at least try to understand y the heimish Jewish community was hit so hard ( and there are many theories out there) but its doesn't change the facts.
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 08:26:36 PM »
We feel everything much more? There were many hundreds of people who were niftar. Did it seem like a typical flu season to you?
Yes. The amount of whatsapps and campaigns we get for every niftar makes us feel much more then any other community. Nobody is saying its a typical flu season, was definitely a magaifa. Doesn't mean that everywhere else lots of people must be dying and numbers must be skewed

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 08:31:28 PM »
Yes. The amount of whatsapps and campaigns we get for every niftar makes us feel much more then any other community. Nobody is saying its a typical flu season, was definitely a magaifa. Doesn't mean that everywhere else lots of people must be dying and numbers must be skewed
? I know we feel it more, that’s why I’m shocked that there remain skeptics in our community. There is absolutely no excuse.

Just as many more frum people than usual died in the span of a few months due to COVID, so did many other people of all stripes. It’s not complicated.
While hashem has his reasons for everything that happens we can at least try to understand y the heimish Jewish community was hit so hard ( and there are many theories out there) but its doesn't change the facts.
So now you’re going to claim that the Heimish Jewish community was hit harder than other communities in NY/NJ? What wonderful source are you using for that information?

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
There are no theories about this because it’s just not true. Here’s an example: Despite frum people comprising approximately 80% of Lakewood, they only account for a little more than half of all COVID deaths in Lakewood.

There’s an obvious reason for that, the frum people are mostly young and the secular population is mostly made up of seniors, but my point stands.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 08:34:18 PM »

? I know we feel it more, that’s why I’m shocked that there remain skeptics in our community. There is absolutely no excuse.

Who is skeptical that a few months ago covid was deadly? Its 3 months later that we are talking about

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »

There are no theories about this because it’s just not true. Here’s an example: Despite frum people comprising approximately 80% of Lakewood, they only account for a little more than half of all COVID deaths in Lakewood.

As a community its a disproportionately high number

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 08:36:06 PM »

Who is skeptical that a few months ago covid was deadly? Its 3 months later that we are talking about
Umm, wrong thread?

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »

As a community its a disproportionately high number
Source? I just posted something that proves that’s untrue

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 08:38:34 PM »
Umm, wrong thread?
You just asked about people being skeptical. 3 months ago, most people took it seriously. Now is a different ball game