Author Topic: Is Florida less honest than China?  (Read 36215 times)

Online yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Is Florida less honest than China?
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2020, 01:16:08 AM »
That's not a decision for an individual to make, its for a rabbi/gadol. That's the biggest churban of the whole corona was everyone thinking they should be making their own decisions about tefilla btizbur and other such issues. It wasn't our place and still isn't are place.

How’d you manage to miss the multiple times I mentioned that this was the opinion of all the gedolim?
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2020, 01:23:32 AM »
How’d you manage to miss the multiple times I mentioned that this was the opinion of all the gedolim?

It's a recurring theme:

Your reading comprehension needs some work.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2020, 02:04:44 AM »
Was definitely not the opinion of all. Read through these threads, everyone giving opinions about minyanim Yeshivas etc. It is not our place to make Any of these decisions. If you feel you shouldn't daven with an indoor minyan that's fine, but God does not care about your opinion. מסורה is a very integral part of yiddishkeit and part of that is listening to our rabbanim. It is very problematic for people to be making their own decisions in yiddishkeit bases on how they feel. My rov told older people not to come to shul when he felt there was a health concern and after pesach he told everyone its safe to come back. Nobody had the audacity to question his leadership. People here who were busy since early March making sure shuls are closed, getting authorities involved etc. Very sad times when it comes to this.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2020, 02:05:31 AM »
It's a recurring theme:
We get it, only a handful of people who post know what their talking about and everyone else sucks, amen.

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »
Was definitely not the opinion of all. Read through these threads, everyone giving opinions about minyanim Yeshivas etc. It is not our place to make Any of these decisions. If you feel you shouldn't daven with an indoor minyan that's fine, but God does not care about your opinion. מסורה is a very integral part of yiddishkeit and part of that is listening to our rabbanim. It is very problematic for people to be making their own decisions in yiddishkeit bases on how they feel. My rov told older people not to come to shul when he felt there was a health concern and after pesach he told everyone its safe to come back. Nobody had the audacity to question his leadership. People here who were busy since early March making sure shuls are closed, getting authorities involved etc. Very sad times when it comes to this.

All the gedolim that I heard about, were pro-closing shuls at a certain point. Rewriting history and mocking their concern for tefillah betzibur is simply disgusting.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2020, 11:00:02 AM »
All the gedolim that I heard about, were pro-closing shuls at a certain point. Rewriting history and mocking their concern for tefillah betzibur is simply disgusting.
You know thats not true because you were busy yelling at the ones who weren't, and don't put words in my mouth.  I was talking about individual people making decisions not rabbanim. Look on another thread someone said all shuls in israel should be closed, that is whats problematic.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »
All the gedolim that I heard about, were pro-closing shuls at a certain point.
Even if true that doesn't change this, the details (when and how to close, when and how to reopen) are just as important.

That's not a decision for an individual to make, its for a rabbi/gadol. That's the biggest churban of the whole corona was everyone thinking they should be making their own decisions about tefilla btizbur and other such issues. It wasn't our place and still isn't are place.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2020, 11:10:09 AM »
You know thats not true because you were busy yelling at the ones who weren't, and don't put words in my mouth.  I was talking about individual people making decisions not rabbanim. Look on another thread someone said all shuls in israel should be closed, that is whats problematic.

If you're following the thread, @Eb228's rov was mocking the people who don't care about tefillah betzibur because they allowed the shuls to be shut, when in fact - most gedolim were pushing to shut shuls. There was no nuance at all and that's my issue.
Visibly Jewish

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2020, 02:46:37 PM »
Miami Dade scaled back their scale back a little:
"On-site dining at restaurants and cafeterias is limited to outdoor service only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. each day. Such establishments may operate their kitchens between the hours of 10 p.m. each night and 6 a.m. the next morning only for the purpose of providing delivery, pick-up, room service, or take out services."
Originally he closed them down completely.

This is a funny one thou:
"Daytime and overnight occupancy for short-term vacation rentals is now set at a maximum of two persons per bedroom plus two additional persons per property not to exceed a maximum of 10 persons. New rental agreements can only be on a monthly basis."
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
Miami Dade scaled back their scale back a little:
"On-site dining at restaurants and cafeterias is limited to outdoor service only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. each day. Such establishments may operate their kitchens between the hours of 10 p.m. each night and 6 a.m. the next morning only for the purpose of providing delivery, pick-up, room service, or take out services."
Originally he closed them down completely.

This is a funny one thou:
"Daytime and overnight occupancy for short-term vacation rentals is now set at a maximum of two persons per bedroom plus two additional persons per property not to exceed a maximum of 10 persons. New rental agreements can only be on a monthly basis."

I actually like the monthly rental rule. Helps the whole country, IMO.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 19, 2020, 04:29:55 PM »
Full disclaimer: My Daas Torah says ..... that it is terrible hashkafa to believe that anyone was harmed from going to shul.
Why not go a step further and claim it's terrible to believe anybody was harmed because they were Jewish?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online Eb228

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 20, 2020, 08:28:54 PM »

This can't be left unanswered.
Why you think it's ok to skew someone's words like that is beyond me.

I think I was pretty clear (as in read the full text of what I posted) that his Deah was that Shuls should have stayed open with safety measures in place (masks, social dsitancing, no entry if sick) just at least like liquor stores were. And that it would be wrong to say that anyone can be harmed from that.

If someone knowingly has it and came anyway, he is a Rodef. And no one claims someone can't be killed in a shul.
We all remember Har Nof. etc.

Online Eb228

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 20, 2020, 08:30:31 PM »
Why not go a step further and claim it's terrible to believe anybody was harmed because they were Jewish?
Beacuase I never heard that from Daas Torah.
If you did, you definitely should believe that.

If you want to ask this Daas Torah his opinion on that, PM me, I'll give you his number.

Not sure why you make that comparison on your own though.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2020, 08:43:17 PM »

I think I was pretty clear (as in read the full text of what I posted) that his Deah was that Shuls should have stayed open with safety measures in place (masks, social dsitancing, no entry if sick) just at least like liquor stores were. And that it would be wrong to say that anyone can be harmed from that.

If someone knowingly has it and came anyway, he is a Rodef. And no one claims someone can't be killed in a shul.
We all remember Har Nof. etc.
Is it wrong to comment on that Da’as Torah and say that the practicalities were very complicated? Based on what took place when shuls first opened in Lakewood, even if in theory a shul shouldn’t be treated worsen than a liquor store, in practice there is little chance that the rules would have been adhered to, especially since so many mispalelim even in a single shul follow so many different Da’as Torah’s, and all too many of them unfortunately instead of Da’as Torah, worship at the alter of Sean and Rush, who at the time were calling it a conspiracy and as harmless as the flu....

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #335 on: July 20, 2020, 08:57:10 PM »
...worship at the alter of Sean and Rush, who at the time were calling it a conspiracy and as harmless as the flu....
:)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2020, 09:12:43 PM »
Beacuase I never heard that from Daas Torah.
If you did, you definitely should believe that.

If you want to ask this Daas Torah his opinion on that, PM me, I'll give you his number.

Not sure why you make that comparison on your own though.
Was Korach not Daas Torah? His disciples were still punished. Daas Torah is not the end-all.

ETA: whether or not somebody was infected (harmed) from going to shul has nothing to do with Torah or Daas Torah.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 20, 2020, 10:05:58 PM »
In practice there is little chance that the rules would have been adhered to, especially since so many mispalelim even in a single shul follow so many different Da’as Torah’s, and all too many of them unfortunately instead of Da’as Torah, worship at the alter of Sean and Rush, who at the time were calling it a conspiracy and as harmless as the flu....
The rav should have the final say on what happens in his shul. If people want to be more machmir based on a psak they got or their own feelings they're entitled to, but no one should be more meikal.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »

That’s not what you said at all. Here is the full text
Full disclaimer: My Daas Torah says that many fewer ppl would have died had we kept shuls open straight through and had the zchus of tefillah bitzibur bbeis midrash on our side. And that it is terrible hashkafa to believe that anyone was harmed from going to shul.

I know that it's not popular opinion on here, and I'm talking to those whose rabbanim ended thinking they should be closed, are you suggesting they were wrong at that time? Don't you trust your rav is supposed to make any and all decisions and has a special siyatta dishmaya in klal matters?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2020, 10:15:51 PM »
That’s not what you said at all. Here is the full text
Do you believe eventhough G-D decided his time is up he would still be alive if he hadn't gone to shul?