Author Topic: Disputes for an Event cancelled to Covid-19  (Read 489 times)

Offline Baglach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Disputes for an Event cancelled to Covid-19
« on: June 23, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
I had a large booking with Tomorrowland (big music festival in the alps) which was cancelled by provider due to covid-19. Originally they have promised for a full refund by March 31 (in writing and verbally). By mid April they decided no refunds will be given just vouchers with an option for a refund come November. I disputed the charges (was over 25 different charges), whilst i won the earlier ones the past few chase has sided with them since the shutdown was government mandated and the fact that they promised a refund is irrelevant. (They claimed these are visas rules.) Anyone know if this correct/legal is there anything else i can do?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Disputes for an Event cancelled to Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 05:47:05 PM »
I had a large booking with Tomorrowland (big music festival in the alps) which was cancelled by provider due to covid-19. Originally they have promised for a full refund by March 31 (in writing and verbally). By mid April they decided no refunds will be given just vouchers with an option for a refund come November. I disputed the charges (was over 25 different charges), whilst i won the earlier ones the past few chase has sided with them since the shutdown was government mandated and the fact that they promised a refund is irrelevant. (They claimed these are visas rules.) Anyone know if this correct/legal is there anything else i can do?
There have been threads on this in the past, unfortunately their claim has validity
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.