Poll

Taking into consideration the situation, will you be going to Uman this year?

Yes
6 (8.7%)
No
10 (14.5%)
Not sure yet / waiting to see how the situation develops
3 (4.3%)
I wasn't planning on going anyways
50 (72.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Uman, Uman, Rosh Hashana???  (Read 46215 times)

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Uman, Uman, Rosh Hashana???
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2020, 11:55:15 PM »
Can someone give more context in the cryptic report by ywn that Ukraine personal or officers being aggressive w travelers to uman today? They were a connection from in Europe not direct flight from isreal and were detained on the plane as claims of the people being aggressive with them or something.
another angle

https://www.jpost.com/bds-threat/dozens-of-haredi-jews-stuck-on-a-plane-in-kiev-640524

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
'Breslovers who visit Uman now are getting beaten up'
Jews visiting the Ukrainian town of Uman are being attacked by locals, with violence spiraling “out of control”, a senior Breslov rabbi in Israel said Monday.

In an interview with Kol Barama radio Monday morning, Rabbi Shalom Arush, who heads the Hut Shel Hesed organization, said that residents of Uman are now systematically targeting Jewish visitors, viewing them as a threat due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

“Things have gotten out of control,” said Rabbi Arush. “Right now Uman is closed off, but those Jews who somehow manage to get there are getting beaten by Ukrainian locals who claim that the Jewish visitors are spreading disease.”

Rabbi Arush dismissed Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s vow to try to reach a deal with the Ukrainian government to enable some Jews to visit Uman this Rosh Hashanah.

“I only believe in prayer, not in anyone else. The Prime Minister said next to me that there is a compromise plan, but I don’t rely on them at all, they’ve lied again and again in the past.”

Last week, the Ukrainian government announced that it will bar entry to non-citizens starting from September 1st, with the ban running through September 28th, coinciding with the end of the Rosh Hashanah – Yom Kippur holidays, which begin on September 18th and end on the 28th.

In most years, tens of thousands of Jewish pilgrims, mostly Breslov Hasidim from Israel, visit Uman during the Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur holidays to pray near the grave of Rabbe Nachman, the founder of the Breslov Hasidic movement.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/286285

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2020, 11:11:47 AM »
'Breslovers who visit Uman now are getting beaten up'https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/286285
“Things have gotten out of control,” said Rabbi Arush. “Right now Uman is closed off, but those Jews who somehow manage to get there are getting beaten by Ukrainian locals who claim that the Jewish visitors are spreading disease.”
I don't know about the specific Jews who are in Uman, but as a whole, we as a people are spreading disease. Many of the posters here (and it seems like most of the Jews in the tri state area that I have been to) are adamant about not wearing masks and social distancing because, because because ... There are so many ppl that hate us and we give them ammunition to attack us.   

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2020, 11:18:55 AM »
I don't know about the specific Jews who are in Uman, but as a whole, we as a people are spreading disease. Many of the posters here (and it seems like most of the Jews in the tri state area that I have been to) are adamant about not wearing masks and social distancing because, because because ... There are so many ppl that hate us and we give them ammunition to attack us.
Say what  ::)

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »
we as a people are spreading disease.
please speak for yourself

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2020, 01:59:02 PM »
please speak for yourself
I wear a mask where required by law. For those that don't, they definitely give off the impression that they may be spreading disease. Whether they are or aren't is irrelevant. For hundreds of years jews were blamed for pandemics which resulted in pogroms.  You are creating a chilul Hashem and stoking antisemitism. Learn a little history. 

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »
The optics are getting worse :

Uman Mayor Alexander Tsibiri claimed that one of the hasidic pilgrims who came to his city ahead of the Rosh Hashannah holiday has tested positive for the coronavirus, a claim which was later confirmed by the Breslov hasidic movement, Channel 12 News reported.

"Everyone should be tested. Today we received information that one of the pilgrims turned out to be positive for the coronavirus. The situation in Uman has worsened recently. I will do everything within the law, as soon as I get the necessary approvals - I will act. Ukrainian MPs have submitted a request to the central government to It will expand the powers of the municipality in this matter," said Tsibiri.

He said the hasidim who had already reached Uman infiltrated Ukraine through green countries and connecting flights. He said he did not trust those who entered the state in such a manner when they declared that they were not infected with the coronavirus and had not been in the vicinity of verified patients.

"As far as I know, people from 70 countries are supposed to be banned from entering Ukraine. But there is information that hasidim are come from other countries that are not red countries - and that is a very big problem," he said.

Representatives of the Breslov hasidic movement have denied accusations that the movements followers have been "sneaking" into Ukraine by travelling via third countries. The movement did admit that one of its followers, a 20-year-old hasid, tested positive for the coronavirus after landing in Uman on Friday.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/286319

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »
Do you have statistics to back up your baseless ANTISEMITIC allegations.

This comment is coming from the same person who compared people not wearing masks to nazi's

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2020, 02:30:22 PM »
but as a whole, we as a people are spreading disease.
You are creating a chilul Hashem and stoking antisemitism. Learn a little history.
hmmmm....

I wear a mask where required by law.

where not required by law u have no problem with spreading disease and so called "chillul hashem"....

For those that don't, they definitely give off the impression that they may be spreading disease. Whether they are or aren't is irrelevant.

i would think that question is quite relevant in fact

For hundreds of years jews were blamed for pandemics which resulted in pogroms. 
which actually is happening right here and now on ddf as per:
but as a whole, we as a people are spreading disease.
There are so many ppl that hate us and we give them ammunition to attack us.
so please dont...

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2020, 02:31:40 PM »

In an interview with Kol Barama radio Monday morning, Rabbi Shalom Arush, who heads the Hut Shel Hesed organization, said that residents of Uman are now systematically targeting Jewish visitors, viewing them as a threat due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. “Things have gotten out of control,” said Rabbi Arush. “Right now Uman is closed off, but those Jews who somehow manage to get there are getting beaten by Ukrainian locals who claim that the Jewish visitors are spreading disease.”

Uman Mayor Alexander Tsibiri claimed that one of the hasidic pilgrims who came to his city ahead of the Rosh Hashannah holiday has tested positive for the coronavirus, a claim which was later confirmed by the Breslov hasidic movement, Channel 12 News reported.

https://abc7ny.com/yeshiva-ketana-nicola-pelle-threat-arrest/6376053/#:~:text=Nassau%20County%20police%20received%20a,the%20police%20didn't%20get
A Long Island man who owned an array of weapons was arrested after police say he threatened to shoot up an Orthodox Jewish day camp over social distancing violations.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-lockdowns-are-fuelling-an-explosion-of-anti-semitism-online-1.5045399
Online anti-Semitic hate incidents in the United Kingdom are on the rise, with conspiracy theories accusing Jewish people of creating and spreading COVID-19 circulating online, a report published Thursday has warned.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/13/854852779/jewish-americans-feel-scapegoated-for-the-coronavirus-spread
American Jews are finding themselves in a historically familiar position: Scapegoated for a plague.

I'll run the "statics" for you later.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:39:20 PM by SayWhat »

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2020, 04:03:38 PM »

This comment is coming from the same person who compared people not wearing masks to nazi's
Come on. Don't be blind. He's trying to help you and make you aware of what is going on. Don't shoot the messenger.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »
In an interview with Kol Barama radio Monday morning, Rabbi Shalom Arush, who heads the Hut Shel Hesed organization, said that residents of Uman are now systematically targeting Jewish visitors, viewing them as a threat due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. “Things have gotten out of control,” said Rabbi Arush. “Right now Uman is closed off, but those Jews who somehow manage to get there are getting beaten by Ukrainian locals who claim that the Jewish visitors are spreading disease.”

https://abc7ny.com/yeshiva-ketana-nicola-pelle-threat-arrest/6376053/#:~:text=Nassau%20County%20police%20received%20a,the%20police%20didn't%20get
A Long Island man who owned an array of weapons was arrested after police say he threatened to shoot up an Orthodox Jewish day camp over social distancing violations.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-lockdowns-are-fuelling-an-explosion-of-anti-semitism-online-1.5045399
Online anti-Semitic hate incidents in the United Kingdom are on the rise, with conspiracy theories accusing Jewish people of creating and spreading COVID-19 circulating online, a report published Thursday has warned.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/13/854852779/jewish-americans-feel-scapegoated-for-the-coronavirus-spread
American Jews are finding themselves in a historically familiar position: Scapegoated for a plague.

I'll run the "statics" for you later.

What makes you think this has anything more to do with anything actually done than the accusations regarding the Black Death?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »
What makes you think this has anything more to do with anything actually done than the accusations regarding the Black Death?
Obviously the accusations that jews poisoned the wells during the Black Plague is nonsense, but nonetheless when we don't take the precautions (which Doctors in our own communities are advising),  and what the State laws actually are, we are perceived by others outside our community as not caring about the spread of disease, which can feed into the age old troupe of jews spreading disease.   

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
Obviously the accusations that jews poisoned the wells during the Black Plague is nonsense, but nonetheless when we don't take the precautions (which Doctors in our own communities are advising),  and what the State laws actually are, we are perceived by others outside our community as not caring about the spread of disease, which can feed into the age old troupe of jews spreading disease.
I read online that it was the Jews fault, might have even been from a NPR reporter on the ground.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2020, 06:15:39 PM »
maybe all jews should stop working in all wall street related jobs?
ill bring u 100 links where there is some accusation that jews control wall street.
maybe we should all escape planet earth?
i have another 100 links where jews are accused of controlling the world.
bottom line is antisemites will always come up with theories how the jews are the cause of all evil, and sane people will not be convinced.
we cant be busy a whole day worrying about what they will say, they will always be 1 step ahead, and the tomorrow's accusation will be at least as bad as yesterday.
when u read their trash it rubs off on u, and there is the danger that eventually u will get even more convinced than they themselves are, that:
as a whole, we as a people are spreading disease.

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2020, 06:25:38 PM »
ill bring u 100 links where there is some accusation that jews control wall street.
bottom line is antisemites will always come up with theories how the jews are the cause of all evil, and sane people will not be convinced.
we cant be busy a whole day worrying about what they will say, they will always be 1 step ahead, and the tomorrow's accusation will be at least as bad as yesterday.
when u read their trash it rubs off on u, and there is the danger that eventually u will get even more convinced than they themselves are, that:
Not wearing a mask is breaking the law in many localities, which is in place for public safety.I'm not exactly sure what your comparison is to leaving planet earth, but you are more than welcome to escape if that makes you feel better.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2020, 06:44:23 PM »
Not wearing a mask is breaking the law in many localities, which is in place for public safety.
aha, so u care about health or about law?
if what u are worried about the law being broken, u are welcome to start a thread about overgrowing the grass on youre front lawn, u know it brings snakes...
I'm not exactly sure what your comparison is to leaving planet earth, but you are more than welcome to escape if that makes you feel better.
as a whole, we as a people are spreading disease.
im spreading the disease, and u'd be happy if i ....
i'm beginning to suspect a connection

we as a people
???

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2020, 07:06:50 PM »
I'm not sure why your even taking the time to respond to his seemingly anti Semitic bigotry. Let it roll.

Offline yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2020, 07:20:35 PM »
Obviously the accusations that jews poisoned the wells during the Black Plague is nonsense

As are many other antisemitic tropes, but that doesn't help the Jews who were killed...

We can talk until we're blue in the face - Anything that you do to provoke the goyim is dangerous. Don't be stupid, keep a low profile...

Or have we forgotten all the lessons of Galus???

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:29:18 PM by yfr bachur »

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2020, 07:26:43 PM »
That doesnt help the Jews who were killed...

We can talk until we're blue in the face - Anything that you do to provoke the goyim is dangerous. Don't be stupid, keep a low profile...

Or have we forgotten all the lessons of Galus???
keeping a low profile may be a good idea, but that has nothing to do with masks and disease spreading.
masks is a "machlokes haposkim" by the goyim just as well as by the jews. whichever side u seem to take, the anti semites on both sides are sure to take it as a provocation. their lists of nonsensical excuses for their hatred is non ending.
same for all the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hating_Jew on and off of ddf