Author Topic: The Post-Trump World  (Read 53884 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: The Post-Trump World
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2020, 03:45:54 PM »
I am sorry that they don't match what you want. I made no assertions that anyone is without guns. I don't have stats, but I would imagine that most here and in other communities would be more fearful of being stuck in the middle of an inner city riot that one of rednecks.
I am just trying to understand your preconceived ideas. Gangbangers in the inner city are D's?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »
I am just trying to understand your preconceived ideas. Gangbangers in the inner city are D's?
Those areas vote very heavily D using the metric of gun ownership. That is the way he split wen viewing gun ownership. I do not know how it splits by individual. Do you?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2020, 03:53:47 PM »
Those areas vote very heavily D using the metric of gun ownership. That is the way he split wen viewing gun ownership. I do not know how it splits by individual. Do you?
I was just asking a question on how you view it.
Is antifa D's. Is militia groups R's?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »
I was just asking a question on how you view it.
Is antifa D's. Is militia groups R's?
I wouldn't really define them by party but rather Left Wing vs. Right Wing (militia groups are very vague description).

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
I wouldn't really define them by party but rather Left Wing vs. Right Wing (militia groups are very vague description).
...but the problem with that is most will say D's when they hear left wing and R's when they say right wing.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2020, 04:52:22 PM »
1. That does not in the slightest back up that left wing rioters don't have guns. You are making a generalization to fit your preconcieved notions.
If left wing population has less guns than right wings, it follows that riots from left wing population are less likely to have guns. My notions were correctly conceived by the data.

2. Does that include illegal guns? Many heavily D urban areas can give you a reality check on those.

Probably. Welcome to bring data disprove me. You'll find it more difficult than calling me names.

3. Match the area were we have seen BLM violence with areas where there is high gun violence
I saw very few reports of gun violence during BLM protests. Are there some guns? Sure. But much less politically motivated people with guns than in the right wing.

4. Compare maps of gun violence with Rs and Ds.
I'm the first to admit there is more violence of every kind amongst D's. There being more gun violence does not mean there are more guns, as you very well know.

The bottom line is BLM protests destroy stores and malls, which has near zero impact on the economy as a whole. Looted publicly traded companies don't actually lose anything. It's also less conceivable that the left will claim the result are different that SCOTUS rules they are.

A potential right wing, armed, resistance to the actual election results claiming SCOTUS is wrong and the president is somebody else, while less likely to happen, can have much worse impacts.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »
If left wing population has less guns than right wings, it follows that riots from left wing population are less likely to have guns. My notions were correctly conceived by the data.

Leaving everything else alone, why would assume that there is an equal percentage of responsible gun owners in the group that thinks guns are bad and only used for evil and the group that touts responsible gun ownership for all?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »
Leaving everything else alone, why would assume that there is an equal percentage of responsible gun owners in the group that thinks guns are bad and only used for evil and the group that touts responsible gun ownership for all?
I think you are confused who touts responsible gun ownership for all. I hope you are not talking about the NRA or the kid who murdered the protester.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »
I don't assume so and didn't say that. Irresponsible gun ownership and gun violence is probably more prevalent on the left. It doesn't change the fact political rallies with arms are more likely to happen on the right.

If you limit it to machine guns and heavy ammunition it really is almost non existent in the left.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »
I don't assume so and didn't say that. Irresponsible gun ownership and gun violence is probably more prevalent on the left. It doesn't change the fact political rallies with arms are more likely to happen on the right.

If you limit it to machine guns and heavy ammunition it really is almost non existent in the left.

You just equated rallies with riots. Just sayin'.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2020, 05:14:47 PM »
Just like most of DDF.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »
I think you are confused who touts responsible gun ownership for all. I hope you are not talking about the NRA or the kid who murdered the protester.

I didn't say NRA. I know a lot of gun owners. 90% vote R. All of them push responsible gun ownership. The left, by and large, has created a stigma around guns where they are evil. The narrative goes that all gun ownership is irresponsible. There are many exceptions on both sides. But if I'm guessing who's being more irresponsible, it wouldn't be the average Republican with a hunting rifle.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
Just like most of DDF.

Doesn't make it right.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2020, 05:18:23 PM »
Rallies with guns are more dangerous than riots without them. Those rallies may still be legal and riots aren’t.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »
I didn't say NRA. I know a lot of gun owners. 90% vote R. All of them push responsible gun ownership. The left, by and large, has created a stigma around guns where they are evil. The narrative goes that all gun ownership is irresponsible. There are many exceptions on both sides. But if I'm guessing who's being more irresponsible, it wouldn't be the average Republican with a hunting rifle.
Where is this responsible gun ownership being pushed by gun owners? The NRA is the biggest organization of gun owners.
Are these the gun owners who claim they need assault rifles for home defense and hunting? The same ones that don't want to ban bump stocks or HCM?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2020, 05:21:31 PM »

Probably. Welcome to bring data disprove me. You'll find it more difficult than calling me names.
I saw very few reports of gun violence during BLM protests. Are there some guns? Sure. But much less politically motivated people with guns than in the right wing.
I'm the first to admit there is more violence of every kind amongst D's. There being more gun violence does not mean there are more guns, as you very well know.

The bottom line is BLM protests destroy stores and malls, which has near zero impact on the economy as a whole. Looted publicly traded companies don't actually lose anything. It's also less conceivable that the left will claim the result are different that SCOTUS rules they are.

A potential right wing, armed, resistance to the actual election results claiming SCOTUS is wrong and the president is somebody else, while less likely to happen, can have much worse impacts.
It depends which subset riots.

You are trying to show that something from this data. I cannot prove a negative and until you show the data pitching something it is meaningless. That is how logic works.

You shut your eyes or just followed the filter presented by others with a similar world view as you

Who said more or less? You said they don't have guns. Fewer is not the same as not having.

I am not following the logic of publicly traded companies not losing anything. Are you justifying stealing from them? Do you have any data to back up the premise that they only loot public companies? Are you justifying looting?

Meanwhile the only politically motivated shooting of an elected official in recent years was done by the left. Any threat of right wrong violence over an election is a figment of your imagination. I find you more delusional than contrarian.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2020, 05:22:36 PM »
Rallies with guns are more dangerous than riots without them. Those rallies may still be legal and riots aren’t.
Riots have been almost exclusively on the left recently.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2020, 05:23:13 PM »
No doubt

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2020, 05:24:15 PM »

If you limit it to machine guns and heavy ammunition it really is almost non existent in the US

FTFY.

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
-Ronald Regan

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »
...and almost exclusively without guns.