Author Topic: The Post-Trump World  (Read 55011 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: The Post-Trump World
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2020, 10:43:01 AM »
Now we are getting somewhere. What about sideswiping one of their cars? Still just harassment or trolling?

You and I saw different things there. Until we see the same thing, that particular discussion will go nowhere.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »
You and I saw different things there. Until we see the same thing, that particular discussion will go nowhere.
Lets look at it from both perspectives then.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #282 on: November 01, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
Lets look at it from both perspectives then.

If the truck came up to the Subaru and intentionally sideswiped him, 100% wrong. It's violent, it's dangerous, and it has no place being celebrated under any circumstances.

If the Subaru tried to cut in front of the truck and the truck didn't let him in, it's not good driving etiquette, but the truck is still in the right. The Subaru ended up getting sideswiped? You messed with a pickup truck. IN TEXAS. Here's your sign.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:03:46 AM by Lurker »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 01, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »
If the truck came up to the Subaru and intentionally sidestepped him, 100% wrong. It's violent, it's dangerous, and it has no place being celebrated under any circumstances.

If the Subaru tried to cut in front of the truck and the truck didn't let him in, it's not good driving etiquette, but the truck is still in the right. The Subaru ended up getting sidestepped? You messed with a pickup truck. IN TEXAS. Here's your sign.
If this same line of reasoning applies to the maga rally in NY today then we are good.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
If this same line of reasoning applies to the maga rally in NY today then we are good.

Same rules apply. If you're wrong, you're wrong. And I'm on record saying these Jewish MAGA rallies are a really bad idea.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #285 on: November 01, 2020, 11:16:11 AM »
Same rules apply. If you're wrong, you're wrong. And I'm on record saying these Jewish MAGA rallies are a really bad idea.
+100000000000000 but you didn't go far enough in how bad of an idea they are.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 01, 2020, 11:16:51 AM »
Same rules apply. If you're wrong, you're wrong.
So I am probably wrong thinking if this rally gets harassed many here will be saying anti-Semitism.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #287 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »
So I am probably wrong thinking if this rally gets harassed many here will be saying anti-Semitism.
I am sure some would.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 01, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »

Some, yes. Many would disagree. There's also a good chance that the harassment will cross over into anti-Semitic territory. Just the nature of the beast.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2020, 12:28:35 AM »
I hope those who mocked me for suspecting armed Trumpsters storming vote counting sites are watching this materialize in Maricopa County.

Bh only a small group, but imagine if the margin was smaller? And if Trumps prospects weren't contradictory between counting and not counting?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 05, 2020, 12:48:15 AM »
I hope those who mocked me for suspecting armed Trumpsters storming vote counting sites are watching this materialize in Maricopa County.

Bh only a small group, but imagine if the margin was smaller? And if Trumps prospects weren't contradictory between counting and not counting?

This is what you thought would happen:
A potential right wing, armed, resistance to the actual election results claiming SCOTUS is wrong and the president is somebody else, while less likely to happen, can have much worse impacts.

There's a world of difference between protesting outside vote-counting sites demanding the results and starting a revolution protesting a SCOTUS decision and the verified election results. You still may prove to be right, but this ain't it.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2020, 12:50:04 AM »
This is what you thought would happen:
There's a world of difference between protesting outside vote-counting sites demanding the results and starting a revolution protesting a SCOTUS decision and the verified election results. You still may prove to be right, but this ain't it.
MAY happen. We may only be getting started now.

https://twitter.com/nicolevaldestv/status/1324226572979613696?s=21
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2020, 12:52:30 AM »
MAY happen. We may only be getting started now.

https://twitter.com/nicolevaldestv/status/1324226572979613696?s=21

What do you see that I don't? Do you know how many people carry? Half my friends are packing wherever they go, and they aren't rightwing militia. This is just sensationalism from a reporter on Twitter. You know better.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2020, 12:58:53 AM »

Wow it's almost 1/1000th as threatening as an antifa rally on a random Monday in July.
Visibly Jewish

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2020, 08:09:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/brianawhitney/status/1324210208948719616?s=21
Your delusional if you think there wasn't any fraud done.  And doesn't matter the margin. Fraud should upset any proud American.  I got two ballots.  One in NY and one in NJ.  I did not use both because I'm a law abiding citizen.   I'm 100% sure people with more animosity towards a specific candidate didn't hesitate to submit both.

So yes. Even if the margin is not enough to win. It is ok with being angry at the system. Not to burn down the whole country, or kill cops, or loot stores, but enough to protest

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2020, 08:31:35 AM »
Your delusional if you think there wasn't any fraud done.  And doesn't matter the margin. Fraud should upset any proud American.  I got two ballots.  One in NY and one in NJ.  I did not use both because I'm a law abiding citizen.   I'm 100% sure people with more animosity towards a specific candidate didn't hesitate to submit both.

So yes. Even if the margin is not enough to win. It is ok with being angry at the system. Not to burn down the whole country, or kill cops, or loot stores, but enough to protest

+1.
I know many people who got mail ballots for deceased people (one deceased for decades) or members of household no longer living there. Even if not, and all the ballots sent were for actual people that lived there, all it takes is one member of the household to fill them out for everyone, even though most of the household members wouldn't have bothered voting. It stands to reason that there was a nice amount of invalid ballots submitted. Even if these people usually wouldn't go out of their way to commit fraud, over here it was handed to them on a silver platter, and would take a good deal of self control to abstain.

Note: I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't know if these tilted balance in election or if any one party had a higher incidence of fraud, but I think it would be gullible to assume it's one in a million.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
The Post-Trump World
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2020, 08:46:06 AM »
+1.
I know many people who got mail ballots for deceased people (one deceased for decades) or members of household no longer living there. Even if not, and all the ballots sent were for actual people that lived there, all it takes is one member of the household to fill them out for everyone, even though most of the household members wouldn't have bothered voting. It stands to reason that there was a nice amount of invalid ballots submitted. Even if these people usually wouldn't go out of their way to commit fraud, over here it was handed to them on a silver platter, and would take a good deal of self control to abstain.

Note: I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't know if these tilted balance in election or if any one party had a higher incidence of fraud, but I think it would be gullible to assume it's one in a million.
Why is the assumption that this type of fraud would benefit D? I think that in general people are law abiding (as you are) and wouldn't send in multiple ballots; but why do we assume that the ones that would do it lean in one direction and would be enough to swing an election?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:51:07 AM by Euclid »

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2020, 08:51:30 AM »
Why is the assumption that this type of fraud would benefit D? I think that in general people are law abiding (as you are) and wouldn't send in multiple ballots; but why do we assume that the ones that would do that lean in one direction and would be enough to swing an election?

“Civil disobedience” is the liberal MO, riots are allowed as long as it furthers their agenda, simple voter fraud to defeat literally Hitler is a piece of cake for them. Still I don’t think any states are close enough that it will matter.
Visibly Jewish

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »
Why is the assumption that this type of fraud would benefit D? I think that in general people are law abiding (as you are) and wouldn't send in multiple ballots; but why do we assume that the ones that would do it lean in one direction and would be enough to swing an election?

Fraud should bother you even if it isn't leaning in any specific direction, it erodes your trust in the entire system/process.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)