Author Topic: Amex Gift Chain, surprise gift with $25 or more spend at select online stores  (Read 139689 times)

Offline tripper

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Open to the first 250,000 registrations received. Registration
is required, regardless of method of entry. Void where prohibited..Gift
values range from $2.00 - $500.

https://giftchain.amexnetwork.com/

surprise - ventee privee is one of the eligible stores
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:51:29 PM by Dan »

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Amex promo, surprise gift with $25 or more spend at select online stores
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 10:15:09 PM »
got this message

"Sorry, you must have been a Cardmember prior to 11/27/11 to participate"

Which is strange because I have been.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »
Registered.
Prizes listed here: https://giftchain.amexnetwork.com/rules

Merchants:     
    AE.com
    BedBathandBeyond.com
    BlueNile.com
    Dell.com
    Gamestop.com
    JCrew.com
    Lenovo.com
    NeimanMarcus.com
    Nike.com
    PotteryBarn.com
    REI.com
    RueLaLa.com
    ToysRUs.com
    Ventee-privee.com
    Walmart.com
    YoYo.com
    Zappos.com
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:41:03 PM »
"To receive a Gift without making a Qualifying Purchase, during the Promotion Period, hand write your name (exactly as it appears when you registered in the Promotion), complete address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number (including area code), email address and name of the Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool in which you would like to participate (while supplies of Gifts in that Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool last) on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope to: “AMEX Holiday Gift Chain - Free To Participate Request”, P.O. BOX 4900, Fenton, MO 63099 (“Mail-In Request”). Requests must be postmarked by December 21, 2011 and received by December 28, 2011. Limit one (1) request per outer-postmarked envelope. Upon receipt of your request, a Sponsor representative will “participate” for you in the specified Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool and you will be sent an email which will advise you of the Gift that you are eligible to receive and how to claim it Free Participation requests mechanically reproduced or made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void. Any requests received from a Cardmember who has not registered his/her Card by the time the Free Participation request is received will be deemed null and void. If a request does not include the name of a Qualifying Merchant but is otherwise complete, Sponsor will randomly select a Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool into which request will be entered."
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »
"To receive a Gift without making a Qualifying Purchase, during the Promotion Period, hand write your name (exactly as it appears when you registered in the Promotion), complete address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number (including area code), email address and name of the Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool in which you would like to participate (while supplies of Gifts in that Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool last) on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope to: “AMEX Holiday Gift Chain - Free To Participate Request”, P.O. BOX 4900, Fenton, MO 63099 (“Mail-In Request”). Requests must be postmarked by December 21, 2011 and received by December 28, 2011. Limit one (1) request per outer-postmarked envelope. Upon receipt of your request, a Sponsor representative will “participate” for you in the specified Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool and you will be sent an email which will advise you of the Gift that you are eligible to receive and how to claim it Free Participation requests mechanically reproduced or made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void. Any requests received from a Cardmember who has not registered his/her Card by the time the Free Participation request is received will be deemed null and void. If a request does not include the name of a Qualifying Merchant but is otherwise complete, Sponsor will randomly select a Qualifying Merchant Gift Pool into which request will be entered."

Hmmmm, that seems a lot easier than spending money at all those stores.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »
SORRY
The system cannot validate your Card information at this time. Please try again in a few hours.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 10:51:40 PM »
Thanks Tripper!

LOL, I was about to post that.

The T&C also has a chart for each merchant and the prizes you can win at that merchant. It seems every merchant has Amex GCs up to $500 (rare chance), and up to 10k MR points (with some merchants you can win 50k MR!!). Each merchant's prize pool is only for a few thousand prizes, the rest is split  between a ShopRunner membership (55%) and a $2 statement credit (45%).

Edit: The confirmation email states you can win up to 10 gifts while supplies last.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:11:28 PM by AsherO »
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline APoshiterYid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »
"3... Limit of one (1) registration per person/Eligible Card; if it is discovered that you have registered or attempted to register more than once or have attempted to register/participate multiple times using multiple identities or email addresses, all of your entries will be declared null and void, and any Gift you might have been entitled to receive will not be distributed."

So "one (1) registration per person/Eligible Card" means I can register multiple cards in my name or no?....
If you have my email PLEASE don't PM me :)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »
When are 'winners' notified? What if you end up returning the item?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 11:10:42 PM »
"3... Limit of one (1) registration per person/Eligible Card; if it is discovered that you have registered or attempted to register more than once or have attempted to register/participate multiple times using multiple identities or email addresses, all of your entries will be declared null and void, and any Gift you might have been entitled to receive will not be distributed."

So "one (1) registration per person/Eligible Card" means I can register multiple cards in my name or no?....
+ 1000

Anyone?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »

I would understand it as 1 card per person from the very next line: "if it is discovered that you have registered or attempted to register more than once"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:16 PM »

+ 1000

Anyone?

I'm confident you'll be fine if you register 2/3 cards with different email addresses. If you somehow get 500-1,000 gifts, I'm confident Amex will catch you. Anything between that is the gray area IMHO...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
I keep getting "The system cannot validate your Card information at this time. Please try again in a few hours."

Anyone else getting that?

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 11:15:38 PM »
I would understand it as 1 card per person from the very next line: "if it is discovered that you have registered or attempted to register more than once"
so what does this mean?

Limit of ten Gifts per Cardmember during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of participation.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
I keep getting "The system cannot validate your Card information at this time. Please try again in a few hours."

Anyone else getting that?
I'm getting that too. I tried 2 different cards and got that for both.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
I tried two different cards as well

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
so what does this mean?

Limit of ten Gifts per Cardmember during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of participation.

As I posted above, it seems you can get 10 gifts from one entry (with 10 $25 purchases before gifts run out).

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »
So here's the question: I could find some thing on walmart.com that I need anyway, but Walmart will probably be the most flooded pool. Maybe it's better to write in a postcard to one of the more random sites in the hopes that there will be less participants in my pool?

Thoughts anyone?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
Why it letting some of you register and some of us not  :(

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »
So here's the question: I could find some thing on walmart.com that I need anyway, but Walmart will probably be the most flooded pool. Maybe it's better to write in a postcard to one of the more random sites in the hopes that there will be less participants in my pool?

Thoughts anyone?

Like which sites? REI and RueLaLa?