Author Topic: Corona Time 3 Day Getaway to the Berkshires  (Read 40638 times)

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Time 3 Day Getaway to the Berkshires
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2020, 04:23:44 PM »
Yes, thank you! Do you happen to know if I need to reserve slots for the single use? And I am assuming filling out the same online waiver for everything. Thanks!
i just walked up to the window to buy . I think u shud call them and clarify all your questions.

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »
Anyone know if there will a Minen this shabbes ?

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2020, 08:40:48 PM »
Anyone know if there will a Minen this shabbes ?
based off n the minyan maker from Chabad of Berkshires website, Shachris in Lenox is confirmed.

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »
i just walked up to the window to buy . I think u shud call them and clarify all your questions.
I did in fact call them, (I had asked the questions here because I was asking some other things anyway and I find peoples personal experience is usually more helpful and sometimes differs than what a phone rep says), and just in case it's relevant to anyone, one point they said is that due to distancing etc. they will only be selling single tickets at 11, 1, and 3 and even then only 15 each time.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »
Vacation Village@ the Berkshires; business center
Bringing my question to this thread.
@yungermanchik , Wondering what made you choose Vacation Village over Jiminy Peak Resort and Club Wyndham Bentley Brook? I'm thinking of going this week and from what I see I think that Club Wyndham is the nicest of them all. Any insights/thoughts? TIA.

Online yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2020, 03:25:58 PM »
Bringing my question to this thread.
@yungermanchik , Wondering what made you choose Vacation Village over Jiminy Peak Resort and Club Wyndham Bentley Brook? I'm thinking of going this week and from what I see I think that Club Wyndham is the nicest of them all. Any insights/thoughts? TIA.
1 word: availability

It's the only one that had 2 br available for a decent price on chase travel portal for that time, it could be that other things opened up now that bein hazmanim is ending.

It was two "apartments" with a foyer connecting them. An "a" apt; with a king bed and a jet-tub bedroom and a full kitchen, living and dining area and a large bathroom with a shower and a porch; and a "b" apt. with a queen bed bedroom a mini kitchen area, smaller living and dining area and a smaller bathroom with a smallish bathtub and a little porch. they each have couches that open into beds (we didn't use those beds, so no clue as to comfort level).

If you can, you might want to request a room that faces the mountains instead of the complex.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »
1 word: availability

It's the only one that had 2 br available for a decent price on chase travel portal for that time, it could be that other things opened up now that bein hazmanim is ending.

It was two "apartments" with a foyer connecting them. An "a" apt; with a king bed and a jet-tub bedroom and a full kitchen, living and dining area and a large bathroom with a shower and a porch; and a "b" apt. with a queen bed bedroom a mini kitchen area, smaller living and dining area and a smaller bathroom with a smallish bathtub and a little porch. they each have couches that open into beds (we didn't use those beds, so no clue as to comfort level).

If you can, you might want to request a room that faces the mountains instead of the complex.
Thanks. Bentley brook has availability now on Chase's Expedia portal. Large renovated apartments that sleeps 8 with nice balcony.
I'm just not decided if that's the perfect place for younger kids or perhaps I should opt for Lancaster. No such a condo style hotel in Lancaster.

Offline rufieg3

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2020, 11:45:32 PM »
Anyone been to an ATV place in the Berkshires or near ?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2020, 10:31:57 AM »
just came back and we heed a nice Minen there this past Shabbes .

Offline rufieg3

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2020, 11:06:35 AM »
just came back and we heed a nice Minen there this past Shabbes .
What activities did u do?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
can we move all the info from this to the Jimeny peak tread .

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=119185.0

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
can we move all the info from this to the Jimeny peak tread .

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=119185.0
I reported it to the mods a couple of times...  @Dan @jj1000 

Offline michael

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2020, 06:49:55 PM »
Looking to make a mincha/maariv minyan in Vacation Village by building 20. We have 8. Let me know if you can join.

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2020, 02:06:16 PM »
A little late to this party (as usual). I have a family member with a house in the Berkshires that he allows me to borrow for a few days each summer. (He is not frum, I am, so it's nowhere near Jiminy Peak). There are always a lot of fun things to do in the area.

Aside from Jiminy Peak, here are a couple of other ideas:
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail - this is a lakeside walking/running/biking trail along the Cheshire Resevoir in Lanesbourough. You will have to bring your own bikes to ride it - but there are bike shops in the area that might rent them. The whole trail is 12 miles, but atthe moment they are redoing 6 miles of it. We brought our bikes and had a nice ride - https://www.mass.gov/locations/ashuwillticook-rail-trail

- Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary - https://www.massaudubon.org/get-outdoors/wildlife-sanctuaries/pleasant-valley another nice set of hiking trails from easy to hard - they also have live beavers living in the sanctuary - $5/person. In Lenox

- The Worthington Golf Club - https://worthingtongolfclub.com/ - a small executive course in Worthington. It cost about $105 for the 4 of us to play, which included loaner clubs and golf carts. This is slightly more challenging than a pitch and putt course, but manageable if you are a beginner. This is about 30-45 min from central Pittsfield, add 10-15 more from Jiminy Peak

- Lee Premium Outlets - https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/lee - a very small outlet mall.

- The Basketball Hall of fame is an hour away in Springfield mass

- Clapp Park in Pittsfield has some really nice playgrounds for kids - it's on Housatonic Street

In non-corona years, we've also gone to Bousqet - a ski resort near the pittsfield airport - they have a small water park in the in the summer with 3-4 water slides (and a smaller set for little kids). They went out of business because of corona, and are not open this season, but they have new owners, so we'll see where it goes.(not tznius friendly)

When my kids we're younger we went to Ioka Valley Farm which has farm themed rides and a petting zoo - right near JP
We also went to the Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield, which had some nice exhibits for kids as well - it's currently under renovation

Offline rufieg3

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2020, 05:08:58 PM »
I actually did a similar trip a few weeks ago..I stayed in Albany which is around a half hour drive from Berkshires, One day I did things around Albany (walked around by Capitol, looked at some nice waterfalls in Albany) the next day I went to Mt. Greylock which is part of Bershire mountains, (Actually it's the tallest mountain in Mass.) You can drive your car to top of mountain which was pretty neat, or there are hiking paths as well....one day we did Jimminey peak which the whole family really enjoyed!! & On the last day we drove from Albany to Howes Cavarans (45 minute drive) which was a very enjoyable tour as well!!!
How’s the drive to the top of Mt Greylock? How long? What kind of road? I’m thinking to go watch sunset there. What do you think?

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2020, 05:32:29 PM »
A little late to this party (as usual). I have a family member with a house in the Berkshires that he allows me to borrow for a few days each summer. (He is not frum, I am, so it's nowhere near Jiminy Peak). There are always a lot of fun things to do in the area.

Aside from Jiminy Peak, here are a couple of other ideas:
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail - this is a lakeside walking/running/biking trail along the Cheshire Resevoir in Lanesbourough. You will have to bring your own bikes to ride it - but there are bike shops in the area that might rent them. The whole trail is 12 miles, but atthe moment they are redoing 6 miles of it. We brought our bikes and had a nice ride - https://www.mass.gov/locations/ashuwillticook-rail-trail

- Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary - https://www.massaudubon.org/get-outdoors/wildlife-sanctuaries/pleasant-valley another nice set of hiking trails from easy to hard - they also have live beavers living in the sanctuary - $5/person. In Lenox

- The Worthington Golf Club - https://worthingtongolfclub.com/ - a small executive course in Worthington. It cost about $105 for the 4 of us to play, which included loaner clubs and golf carts. This is slightly more challenging than a pitch and putt course, but manageable if you are a beginner. This is about 30-45 min from central Pittsfield, add 10-15 more from Jiminy Peak

- Lee Premium Outlets - https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/lee - a very small outlet mall.

- The Basketball Hall of fame is an hour away in Springfield mass

- Clapp Park in Pittsfield has some really nice playgrounds for kids - it's on Housatonic Street

In non-corona years, we've also gone to Bousqet - a ski resort near the pittsfield airport - they have a small water park in the in the summer with 3-4 water slides (and a smaller set for little kids). They went out of business because of corona, and are not open this season, but they have new owners, so we'll see where it goes.(not tznius friendly)

When my kids we're younger we went to Ioka Valley Farm which has farm themed rides and a petting zoo - right near JP
We also went to the Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield, which had some nice exhibits for kids as well - it's currently under renovation
and so much more.... This summer inspired us to purchase a couple of quality inflatable kayaks. The are is chock full of free hikes, waterfalls, lakes and rivers perfect for great free fun. I'm sure there are great spots like this all over the country.
Maybe next year we can do a real multi day river excursion and....

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »
How’s the drive to the top of Mt Greylock? How long? What kind of road? I’m thinking to go watch sunset there. What do you think?
15 minutes, most of it in a forest, pretty smooth ride, not many steep switchbacks
closes at dusk, not sure what that means for sunset
they weren't charging the parking fee when we went

Offline rufieg3

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2020, 10:50:07 AM »
15 minutes, most of it in a forest, pretty smooth ride, not many steep switchbacks
closes at dusk, not sure what that means for sunset
they weren't charging the parking fee when we went
Great
Thank you

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2021, 09:43:18 AM »
Anyone there recently? Just wondering what the covid prescriptions are like these days

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2021, 11:42:13 PM »
Anyone there recently? Just wondering what the covid prescriptions are like these days
bump?