Author Topic: Entry restrictions in the US  (Read 226 times)

Offline dvol

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Entry restrictions in the US
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »
Iíve tried googling and searching here but havenít had any luck in finding a clear-cut answer.

If an Italian citizen currently residing in Italy wants to enter the US (in the near future), how can he go about it?

Is there a country he can fly to, quarantine there for 14 days and THEN enter the US? Meaning will the US allow a European citizen to enter from a country that is not on the restricted list? If so, which countries would that be?

Thanks for any help.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Entry restrictions in the US
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 11:43:22 AM »
Iíve tried googling and searching here but havenít had any luck in finding a clear-cut answer.

If an Italian citizen currently residing in Italy wants to enter the US (in the near future), how can he go about it?

Is there a country he can fly to, quarantine there for 14 days and THEN enter the US? Meaning will the US allow a European citizen to enter from a country that is not on the restricted list? If so, which countries would that be?

Thanks for any help.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that if said person has a valid visa, there would be no problems or restrictions upon entry. I am not sure what happens to people that would normally enter under a visa waiver program.

You might find more information here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-visa-services-and-restrictions.html
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:46:38 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »
Mexico should be the best bet with plenty of non expensive hotels, kosher food, shuls etc. there are direct flights from major European airports like paris, Madrid, Amsterdam, Frankfurt. There are no restrictions whatsoever flying in to Mexico. I just advised someone In a similar situation to do that.

If Canada opens for eu citizens than that could be better arguably (Iím saying this because the EU said that theyíll allow foreign citizens in based (among other reasons) on reciprocity, and Canada is one of them. However I did not see anywhere that Canada was planning to open up for EU citizens.

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:34:37 PM »
Anecdotal evidence suggests that if said person has a valid visa, there would be no problems or restrictions upon entry. I am not sure what happens to people that would normally enter under a visa waiver program.

You might find more information here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-visa-services-and-restrictions.html

Visa waiver is no good as far as I know. And airlines will not let you fly so they donít get fined.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »
any restrictions against Israelis entering US either through direct flights or stop overs in Europe or any other country?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 05:14:54 PM »
any restrictions against Israelis entering US either through direct flights or stop overs in Europe or any other country?

I know plenty of Israelis that came here in the last few weeks on either F1 or B1 visas with no issues whatsoever.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 05:18:37 PM »
No