Author Topic: OxSat  (Read 1666 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
OxSat
« on: February 04, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »
Is there any data on (if/) how much confidence a 97-98% reading would give one of not having Covid?

My understanding is that in general even asymptomatic carriers will be clearly diagnosable in chest CTs, wouldn't that translate into lower oxygen levels? 

I understand someone would've noticed if it was 100% predictive or even close, but does it tell you something?

Trying to decide about going to outdoor minyan when somebody I was exposed to only very briefly (from a distance, ventilated, both with masks) tested positive.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: OxSat
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 02:37:42 PM »
Is there any data on (if/) how much confidence a 97-98% reading would give one of not having Covid?

My understanding is that in general even asymptomatic carriers will be clearly diagnosable in chest CTs, wouldn't that translate into lower oxygen levels? 

I understand someone would've noticed if it was 100% predictive or even close, but does it tell you something?

Trying to decide about going to outdoor minyan when somebody I was exposed to only very briefly (from a distance, ventilated, both with masks) tested positive.
Zero predictability from that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 02:39:36 PM »

My family was checking their numbers regularly while they had COVID and for most of them their numbers stayed at or above that.

How brief, how distant, how ventilated, how masked? If the situation is truly as you described I think most would say it’s fine to attend an outdoor minyan. If it was 1 minute 6 feet apart outdoors with KN95 masks it’s definitely ok, if it was 25 minutes 3 feet apart with open windows and cloth masks you definitely should quarantine.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »

My family was checking their numbers regularly while they had COVID and for most of them their numbers stayed at or above that.

How brief, how distant, how ventilated, how masked? If the situation is truly as you described I think most would say it’s fine to attend an outdoor minyan. If it was 1 minute 6 feet apart outdoors with KN95 masks it’s definitely ok, if it was 25 minutes 3 feet apart with open windows and cloth masks you definitely should quarantine.
Good DP, thank you. I understand the other factors, I have somewhat limited information bc it’s guidance about an anonymous staff member. I guess better err on the side of caution
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »
My understanding is that in general even asymptomatic carriers will be clearly diagnosable in chest CTs

Didn’t realize this was the case. Out of curiosity, when was the exposure?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 03:48:15 PM »
As I modified my plans for the next few days, I found myself pondering how on the one hand I'd much rather have to stay away from people because of a distant risk than a definite illness Chv, but on the other hand it was much a harder decision to make.

סנהדרין (קג.) ברש"י

שלא תמצא אשתך וכו', והיינו באהלך באשתך כדאמרי' [במו"ק ז:] אין אהלו אלא אשה, ובשעה שאדם בא מן הדרך קשה לו כשימצא את אשתו ספק נדה יותר מנדה ודאית, שעל ספק הוא מיצר ויצרו תוקפו ואומר טהורה היא ועל חינם אני מונע

Didn’t realize this was the case. Out of curiosity, when was the exposure?
I'm not sure. I was notified on Weds of the positive test, although I don't know when the last exposure was. There are hundreds of people in my position, many of whom I know already are getting tested, so I'm assuming if there was some transmission, I'd know by Monday at the latest.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 03:51:16 PM »
As I modified my plans for the next few days, I found myself pondering how on the one hand I'd much rather have to stay away from people because of a distant risk than a definite illness Chv, but on the other hand it was much a harder decision to make.

סנהדרין (קג.) ברש"י
I'm not sure. I was notified on Weds of the positive test, although I don't know when the last exposure was. There are hundreds of people in my position, many of whom I know already are getting tested, so I'm assuming if there was some transmission, I'd know by Monday at the latest.

You mean since you’re all being exposed to eachother at the same location at a regular/daily basis, then if there was transmission it’s likely you’ll be seeing more of these?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 03:57:35 PM »
Why not take a rapid test?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 04:14:58 PM »
Why not take a rapid test?
Painful and won't tell me much. Nobody would isolate if I test positive and I'd be just as careful if I test negative.

You mean since you’re all being exposed to eachother at the same location at a regular/daily basis, then if there was transmission it’s likely you’ll be seeing more of these?
Yeah, not so much to each other, just hundreds of people exposed to the same staff. The staff are all testing. If viable virus was being transmitted where I was exposed, it is very likely other people will test positive soon.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 04:16:55 PM »
Painful and won't tell me much. Nobody would isolate if I test positive and I'd be just as careful if I test negative.
Yeah, not so much to each other, just hundreds of people exposed to the same staff. The staff are all testing. If viable virus was being transmitted where I was exposed, it is very likely other people will test positive soon.
Find a saliva version?

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 04:25:11 PM »
Painful and won't tell me much.

The Labcorp test is not painful at all. They don't go into your brain, just the inside of your nose
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:27:04 PM by Dan »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 04:48:01 PM »
Find a saliva version?
That's a good idea but I'm sure if it's feasible where I am, and wouldn't affect my behavior either way. Maybe next week if it does turn out there was some transmission.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 07:38:03 PM »
That's a good idea but I'm sure if it's feasible where I am, and wouldn't affect my behavior either way. Maybe next week if it does turn out there was some transmission.
https://www.vaulthealth.com/covid

But you need to order a day or two in advance
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 09:52:44 PM »
When I had (quite an unpleasant case) of corona back in March I checked my blood SAT levels and they were 98. My wife who is currently positive tested them today and they were 97. So I'd say based at least on that anecdotal evidence that there is no predictive value that.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 09:53:16 PM »
When I had (quite an unpleasant case) of corona back in March I checked my blood SAT levels and they were 98. My wife who is currently positive tested them today and they were 97. So I'd say based at least on that anecdotal evidence that there is no predictive value that.
Ty