Author Topic: Camera Deals?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline mlight

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: Camera Deals?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 03:20:09 PM »
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2718671/canon-eos-rebel-t6-dslr-camera-zoom-kit.jsp?prdPV=1

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3724673/canon-eos-rebel-t7-18-55mm-75-300mm-double-zoom-kit.jsp?prdPV=2

Are these good deals? You are earning Kohls cash in addition to the sale price...

@Something Fishy
They're not bad, but I would recommend getting at least a Rebel T7i, obviously it depends on your budget.
Also the included telephoto is practically worthless, and shouldn't be counted in your cheshbon
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline mlight

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 04:05:30 PM »
They're not bad, but I would recommend getting at least a Rebel T7i, obviously it depends on your budget.
Also the included telephoto is practically worthless, and shouldn't be counted in your cheshbon
Thanks for the advice.
For a beginner taking pics of children is there a noticeable difference between T6 and T7?

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 08:23:53 PM »

Why do you say that?
I have never used it, but I cant imagine it being useless.

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 12:29:02 AM »
Why do you say that?
I have never used it, but I cant imagine it being useless.
I wouldn't recommend buying the lens.
1. With a telephoto without OIS to get a clear shot you need a tripod, generally any beginner won't be using it, and if your more advanced you'd get something better.
2. The value is practically useless as well, due to all these cameras coming with the extra lens and no one using it, the market is flooded with them.
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 12:36:25 AM »
I wouldn't recommend buying the lens.
1. With a telephoto without OIS to get a clear shot you need a tripod, generally any beginner won't be using it, and if your more advanced you'd get something better.
2. The value is practically useless as well, due to all these cameras coming with the extra lens and no one using it, the market is flooded with them.
You only need a tripod on slower shutter speeds, You can easily shoot on 1/300. You wont need a tripod.
Its a great telephoto lens for beginners IMO  if you don't need the sharpest images.

I wouldn't buy the lens, but it definitely adds some value.

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 12:48:57 AM »
Thanks for the advice.
For a beginner taking pics of children is there a noticeable difference between T6 and T7?
Definitely not worth the $150 premium.

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 01:18:41 AM »
You only need a tripod on slower shutter speeds, You can easily shoot on 1/300. You wont need a tripod.
Its a great telephoto lens for beginners IMO  if you don't need the sharpest images.

I wouldn't buy the lens, but it definitely adds some value.
That's obviously depending on the individual, I have seen many cases where the user almost wants to find a use, instead of having an actual use for the lens.. it's like those advertisements that convince you to buy it, and then you use it because you feel bad, and after all you spent all that money on it..
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »

Edit. As this is a crop sensor (1.6x crop factor) you should shoot at least 1/500 on 300mm to be safe.

Offline Yehuda_H

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 05:12:37 PM »
As a camera amateur, do NOT get either of the deals above!

You can get an excellent starter interchangeable lens camera for around $400-500 from Nikon, Sony or Panasonic.

1. Get a mirrorless. These are much lighter than a DSLR and generally less expensive.
2. Look for a crop sensor, such as PS-C or micro 4/3.
3. Camera technology advances incrementally. Unless you *need* a particular style, a slightly older model will generally be cheaper and just as good.
I have the sony a6000 and I absolutely love it. I can take moon shots, micro shots, kid shots. I've done a handful of jobs as "favors" and they came out great.
4. Unless you want to switch lenses and want to have a full telephoto lens as an option, spend $150-$200 and get a pocket size DPS (digital point & shoot).

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 07:03:20 PM »
As a camera amateur, do NOT get either of the deals above!

You can get an excellent starter interchangeable lens camera for around $400-500 from Nikon, Sony or Panasonic.

1. Get a mirrorless. These are much lighter than a DSLR and generally less expensive.
2. Look for a crop sensor, such as PS-C or micro 4/3.
3. Camera technology advances incrementally. Unless you *need* a particular style, a slightly older model will generally be cheaper and just as good.
I have the sony a6000 and I absolutely love it. I can take moon shots, micro shots, kid shots. I've done a handful of jobs as "favors" and they came out great.
4. Unless you want to switch lenses and want to have a full telephoto lens as an option, spend $150-$200 and get a pocket size DPS (digital point & shoot).
1.Can't beat that price tag. And regarding the size, that depends on each users preference, and is NOT a reason to NOT get that camera.
2. this has an APS-C
3.How is the T6 for $299.99 with 2 kit lenses not an older model which is slightly cheaper? (It's actually 2 years newer than the a6000)
4. Good luck trying to get nice bokeh with that. (which is the number 1 reason beginner photographers enjoy their big cameras.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:09:01 PM by pointer »

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 07:21:39 PM »
1.Can't beat that price tag. And regarding the size, that depends on each users preference, and is NOT a reason to NOT get that camera.
2. this has an APS-C
3.How is the T6 for $299.99 with 2 kit lenses not an older model which is slightly cheaper? (It's actually 2 years newer than the a6000)
4. Good luck trying to get nice bokeh with that. (which is the number 1 reason beginner photographers enjoy their big cameras.)
+1
Especially point number 4, getting a pixel 3a for under 300 is definitely a better deal then a P&S
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline sams

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Camera Deals?
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »
I’m selling alpha a6000with  lens  @375 brand new selling over 600 on amazon
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:11:35 PM by sams »

Offline Yehuda_H

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 08:55:59 PM »
2. this has an APS-C
If you're new to photography, go mirrorless. I got my a6000 second hand for about $300 and I love it. Occasionally i've seen it online for around $450. Of course, if you PREFER to have a DSLR for your own reasons, go for it. There are pros and cons.

I tried the T6 for a few weeks. It was cumbersome, slow shutter response and didn't pair well with my phone. It's a decent machine, sturdy and well built, but not ideal for candid. And if you're taking pics of children, presumably from the OP's post his own? Faster and lighter is better (if you're going into professional portraits and are looking for a starter camera to build your portfolio until you can afford more professional equipment, I can't advise you).

Dunno about Bokeh, i mostly take pics of my kids and stuff i like.