Author Topic: What is FL hiding?  (Read 27659 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: What is FL hiding?
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2020, 04:41:44 PM »
28k deaths isn't hard. Right
It is what it is.  ;)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
Spain 9k cases per day at its peak. Half the states in the US have those numbers. How is that hard??
And 47 million citizens. Slightly higher avarage age.
Also how are cases climbing for a month already but not deaths?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »
Also how are cases climbing for a month already but not deaths?
I feel like I heard that argument before
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2020, 05:19:25 PM »
I feel like I heard that argument before
I didn't realize I was arguing. Once you're here, what's the explanation?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »
Takes time for people to die and for death data to be published
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2020, 05:43:17 PM »
We have learn many things since this started that has helped lower the mortality rates.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2020, 03:39:37 PM »
Needs to be taken with an NBC-sized bag of salt, but:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-reports-record-numb

ETA: The silver lining here is that there are less than 7000 current Covid hospitalizations in the state, which means we're turning over beds at an unprecedented rate. It seems the more time we give doctors and scientists to learn about this virus, the less deadly it becomes. I personally think the focus should be on long-term issues, which are a major concern.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:05:39 PM by Lurker »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2020, 11:07:04 AM »
Needs to be taken with an NBC-sized bag of salt, but:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-reports-record-numb

ETA: The silver lining here is that there are less than 7000 current Covid hospitalizations in the state, which means we're turning over beds at an unprecedented rate. It seems the more time we give doctors and scientists to learn about this virus, the less deadly it becomes. I personally think the focus should be on long-term issues, which are a major concern.
"This page is unavailable"
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2020, 11:15:08 AM »
"This page is unavailable"

Interesting... gist of it was that FL set a new record for hospitalizations in a week with around 3300, and no one is talking about it because we're numb to bad news from FL. Also had some stuff in there about how we need to learn from NY, and other NBC spin.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »
Something new to keep an eye on in FL... Since August 1, the state has announced 4821 new Covid hospitalizations. Currently, according to the hospital data, there are 6951 people hospitalized with the primary diagnosis of Covid. Either the hospitals have figured out a way to get everyone out in record time, or the numbers aren't accurate. Given FL's history with numbers, I lean a little towards the latter, but reports of shortened hospital stays by doctors on the ground, such as @YankyDoodle, make the first option plausible, as well. There have been reports of hospitals sending non-severe cases to Covid facilities, which are essentially converted nursing homes, and if those people don't count as currently hospitalized, that would explain the numbers a bit.

If anyone can find any more info on this, please share.

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2020, 01:27:39 PM »
Something new to keep an eye on in FL... Since August 1, the state has announced 4821 new Covid hospitalizations. Currently, according to the hospital data, there are 6951 people hospitalized with the primary diagnosis of Covid. Either the hospitals have figured out a way to get everyone out in record time, or the numbers aren't accurate. Given FL's history with numbers, I lean a little towards the latter, but reports of shortened hospital stays by doctors on the ground, such as @YankyDoodle, make the first option plausible, as well. There have been reports of hospitals sending non-severe cases to Covid facilities, which are essentially converted nursing homes, and if those people don't count as currently hospitalized, that would explain the numbers a bit.

Citizen App

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2020, 02:34:20 PM »

Without crunching the hard numbers, this sounds like an average hospital stay of around 2 weeks. This is very plausible.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2020, 02:43:20 PM »
Without crunching the hard numbers, this sounds like an average hospital stay of around 2 weeks. This is very plausible.

Many things are plausible, which is why I'm looking for more info. FL has done nothing to earn the benefit of my doubt. It should also be noted that the current hospitalization stat was at around 9500 at the end of July. That's a lot of discharged patients.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »
Citizen App

This is actually what has me scratching my head. Despite a drop in new cases and a drop in current hospitalizations, new hospitalizations have never been higher. Have we lowered the threshold for admitting new patients? Are we seeing more admittable patients but treating them that much better? The numbers can't be telling the whole story.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2020, 06:20:20 PM »
This train-wreck just won't stop:

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1293607111746879488
https://deadline.com/2020/08/california-coronavirus-update-governor-gavin-newsom-spends-majority-of-covid-19-news-conference-talking-about-his-economic-achievements-1203011618/
He said the state was reporting 11,645 new cases over the past 24 hours. That includes 6,212 backlogged cases.
It's interesting how everyone says that cali is out of the spotlight because they are dem, but that doesn't always seem the case. Here is a clear example that really is, florida has 4k cases backlogged and the train wreck, people are up in arms etc. Cali has 6k backlogged and nobody says a word.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »
https://deadline.com/2020/08/california-coronavirus-update-governor-gavin-newsom-spends-majority-of-covid-19-news-conference-talking-about-his-economic-achievements-1203011618/
He said the state was reporting 11,645 new cases over the past 24 hours. That includes 6,212 backlogged cases.
It's interesting how everyone says that cali is out of the spotlight because they are dem, but that doesn't always seem the case. Here is a clear example that really is, florida has 4k cases backlogged and the train wreck, people are up in arms etc. Cali has 6k backlogged and nobody says a word.

The difference between the 2 cases is that there was a tip given to this whistleblower from sources in DoH that FL was hiding cases from that specific period. The governor was asked about it and denied it, and magically those cases from that specific time frame appeared. To my knowledge, there have been no allegations about CA trying to manipulate data. Backlogs happen. FL routinely reports numbers from tests given weeks before. This is not a backlog. These were "misplaced" test results.

Also, this is a specific FL activist tweeting about FL, and I'm posting about it in a FL specific thread because it interests me as a resident of FL. I don't know how CA would be relevant here,

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »
DeSantis is having a roundtable about plasma right now, as if he just discovered this new amazing treatment.  ::)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
Is this thread only about bashing Desantis?
It's more fun when we have the pro and the anti.
This is like a one way street. :)